Thread: XBox 360 console RRoD every 3 days and cant get warranty. Plus acts up on COD4 >_<

XBox 360 console RRoD every 3 days and cant get warranty. Plus acts up on COD4 >_<

I recently called XBox support to ask them about these issues with my 360. First off, I get maybe every 3 days or so I get the RRoD, which I cant have fixed since they said my warranty has expired.

# Device: Xbox360 Hardware
    # Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
    # Warranty Status: Out of Warranty
    # Warranty Type: Standard
    # Warranty Start:
    # Warranty Expiration: 7/21/2007 7:59:59 PM

That was the info for my console and I dont know when the warranty started, cause they never listed it either.

But I just picked up CoD4 and played 1 match or so and then my 360 froze. So that's when I called XBox Support again and they told me try like 5 other games and take out the HD and unplug and replug everything again. Well, I do all this stuff and Halo 3 and Gears of War start to freeze and get funky too. The lady tells me I need to send the console in for repair for $99 since warranty isnt good. So what do I do about this RRoD? After all this trying different games, the cdrom decides to take extra spins to get CoD4 working and now I have a nice circle of scratches on the game.

I am now extremely upset and the RRoD doesnt go away. But how are my friends that have had their 360s repaired for free, they had brought their 360 about 8 months before I got mine and their warranty was valid. Did I just get ripped?

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft
    REDMOND, Wash. — July 5, 2007 —Microsoft Corp. today announced that it will expand its global Xbox 360™ warranty coverage. Any Xbox 360 customer who experiences a general hardware failure indicated by three flashing red lights will now be covered by a three year warranty from date of purchase. All other existing Xbox 360 warranty policies remain in place.
    If you have the actual RRoD, and not some other problem with the machine, the warranty should cover it for three years. And since the XBOX 360 launched on 11.22.05, even if you have a Day-1 system, the warranty for the RRoD (not the general warranty) will cover it until 11.22.08.

Your standard warranty may have expired last July, but if you are getting the three flashing lights, and their step-by-step help didn't solve anything (as stupid as it sounds, you'd be surprised how many "ZOMG MY 360 DEID!!!" cases can be resolved by asking basic questions like "Is the video cable plugged in?"), call them back up.

Alright, thanks for the info, I'll have to call back and see what they can do. Cause I got the stupid RRoD crap again and for some reason CoD4 doesnt want to work, must have more than just the RRoD issue. But then again, nothing is perfect