Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: Vista SP1 Due Feb4th!

  1. #41
    Certified SG Addict CableDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    26,784
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    "leaked" ISO's of an OS or a service pack, or any software for that matter, from an unknown/untrusted source....you're taking a big risk...could be "doctored up" software with an unwanted surprise coded into it. Could install it and find (or never find) something built in, like a trojan, program to turn your PC into a bot on the 'net.
    You tell'em Cat.

  2. #42
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Once again, I have all versions of Vista SP1 if anyone here at SG would like to have it let me know via PM and i'll set you up a temp FTP access to my server where I have them stored.

  3. #43
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Still set to come out officially through Windows Updates next week as I understand it?

  4. #44
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Still set to come out officially through Windows Updates next week as I understand it?
    Ya.

  5. #45
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Ya.

  6. #46
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Still set to come out officially through Windows Updates next week as I understand it?
    It may get released to the public on their regular site next week..but it won't get pushed to windows updates that you have set to automatic till prob April.

  7. #47
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Mid march for windows update site and the download center, mid april for automatic download vista users.

  8. #48
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Mid march for windows update site and the download center, mid april for automatic download vista users.
    thats what I just said

    I have them now if you want them instead of waiting..

  9. #49
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    thats what I just said

    I have them now if you want them instead of waiting..


    No its not, not exactly, and since me saying yes and you mentioning the automatic updates thing being april i figured I would clarify it and mention when it hits the download center as well.

  10. #50
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post


    No its not, not exactly, and since me saying yes and you mentioning the automatic updates thing being april i figured I would clarify it and mention when it hits the download center as well.
    whatever... either way I have them for anyone that didn't wish to wait.

  11. #51
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    whatever... either way I have them for anyone that didn't wish to wait.
    Yes, whatever. Hell Im surprised and impressed you still care about this topic, seeing as how you basically told TonyT any further info revealed that he couldn't say from his NDA restriction would be pointless.

  12. #52
    Certified SG Addict CableDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    26,784
    Yardo

  13. #53
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Yes, whatever. Hell Im surprised and impressed you still care about this topic, seeing as how you basically told TonyT any further info revealed that he couldn't say from his NDA restriction would be pointless.
    You make it sound as if I trashed his NDA following...which wasn't the case. I care cause I happen to own a copy of the OS and hope it really takes off with some changes thats for sure. But I'm offering to anyone here at SG the Servicepack in whatever form 32bit or 64bit official if they want it..which I think is very nice of me.

  14. #54
    Certified SG Addict CableDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    26,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I'm offering to anyone here at SG the Servicepack in whatever form 32bit or 64bit official if they want it..which I think is very nice of me.
    It is.

Similar Threads

  1. Question to those who have installed Vista
    By satyre in forum Software Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-24-07, 10:11 AM
  2. Microsoft Vista SP1 RC Public Release
    By Sava700 in forum Software Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-16-07, 11:11 PM
  3. Vista SP1 Highlights
    By Sava700 in forum Software Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-07, 05:12 PM
  4. nVidia and Vista Driver news
    By Sava700 in forum Software Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-07, 02:01 PM
  5. GamePC: Windows Vista : Frequently Asked Questions - Answered
    By YeOldeStonecat in forum Software Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-07, 12:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •