Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield - No spoilers

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    After finding a few reviews via google while I'm copying files over there...sounds like I'll pass til it hits cable. The first few times I read people commenting on the "shaky camera"..made me think of Blair Witch Project...that one bored me to death inside of 45 seconds.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    And I can produce a 'quote' from another 'forum' making completely opposite statements. So what?
    looks as if your trolling my posts once again.. here ya go

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I'm usually floating around on several forums just reading stuff...ran across alot of threads for the movie from those that saw it like this one. I'd say 80% are giving it bad reviews from the camera shake. I don't look at AOL movie reviews nor do I watch Nascar so not clue as to why your bring that up unless your implying something ..but hey why should this thread be any different from the rest the posts you do in the threads that I visit.

Here is a direct quote from someone that went to see it with the majority of the forum readers agreeing.. yeah looks like a HBO watch next year...maybe.
    gawd, you was so excited about national treasure 2 which was IMO complete trash.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Yahoo movies critics give it a B, users a B-
    Rotten tomatoes gives it a 76%
    IMDB has it at 8.3 of 10

That all said, though it has good reviews, I'll be waiting for it to hit HBO as well. I think the camcorder idea is a good move for like an intro, but to do the whole thing that way doesnt have me feeling to good about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    gawd, you was so excited about national treasure 2 which was IMO complete trash.
    That movie was pretty good.. not as good as the first one but good.

But opinions are like a-holes..everyone has one!

7.5 out of 10 for me.
    ** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
    My IROC-Z28

Blog Entries
    Went to go see Bucket List tonight, and while I was in the restroom, some guy came in puking his guts up from watching Cloverfield...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Went to go see Bucket List tonight, and while I was in the restroom, some guy came in puking his guts up from watching Cloverfield...
    I saw Bucket List myself yesterday. Real good movie. Not surprised about the guy at Cloverfield. Good movie, but they should just hand viewers vomit bags before they go in.

Just went to see this movie tonight and after 3 hours I am still a little motion sick. (at least 15 minutes of the movie with either my eyes closed or away from the screen) Great concept but geez was it hard to watch. It was so hard for me to enjoy this movie because of the terrible camera action. Not shakey, as much as spinning around to see what all was going on all around the actors. Very unrealistic to think that the city is being destroyed and people are dieing all around and all one guy cares about is making sure he films the whole dame thing. Screw that, that camcorder would have been dropped right after I saw the creature the first time.

Imagine your standard stalker flick with the prey having a helmet cam (that isn't tightened down to the helmet and flops around a lot). Lots of rapid spins and out of focus pans.

Several people walked out after about 30 minutes and they rest of us were just motion sick.

This movie would have been better served to have parts of the film (small parts) with the camcorder and regular camera for the bulk of the movie. I love horror / monster /sci-fi and I will NOT BE BUYING THIS ONE..... (And I own the Blair Witch Project.
    I know you are, but what am I?

I was going to see it but I will wait for dvd, didnt feel like getting vertigo attack in front of all the people heh.

ANyway, Rambo is out this friday I think so yeah I'm going to see that one.

- Emiliano Zapata

I was going to see it but I will wait for dvd, didnt feel like getting vertigo attack in front of all the people heh.

I'll wait for Rambo V: Retirement Home Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSport View Post
    Just went to see this movie tonight and after 3 hours I am still a little motion sick. (at least 15 minutes of the movie with either my eyes closed or away from the screen) Great concept but geez was it hard to watch. It was so hard for me to enjoy this movie because of the terrible camera action. Not shakey, as much as spinning around to see what all was going on all around the actors. Very unrealistic to think that the city is being destroyed and people are dieing all around and all one guy cares about is making sure he films the whole dame thing. Screw that, that camcorder would have been dropped right after I saw the creature the first time.

Imagine your standard stalker flick with the prey having a helmet cam (that isn't tightened down to the helmet and flops around a lot). Lots of rapid spins and out of focus pans.

Several people walked out after about 30 minutes and they rest of us were just motion sick.

This movie would have been better served to have parts of the film (small parts) with the camcorder and regular camera for the bulk of the movie. I love horror / monster /sci-fi and I will NOT BE BUYING THIS ONE..... (And I own the Blair Witch Project.
    I think this one makes me not to watch the movie.

Hell yeah Rambo does look good... i believe they are really going to do good with this one regardless of his age.

Hell yeah Rambo does look good... i believe they are really going to do good with this one regardless of his age.
    I disagree, it looks like recycled footage of old rambo movies.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    I disagree, it looks like recycled footage of old rambo movies.
    thats fine..you disagreed with me on how National Treasure2 would be..and I felt it was a pretty good movie.

thats fine..you disagreed with me on how National Treasure2 would be..and I felt it was a pretty good movie.
    Even you said it wasn't better than the first after seeing it, sounds like your final judgement fell in the middle of our opinions

- - - - - - - -

I've heard more info about cloverfield about the focus of the movie, I'm really not interested in it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Even you said it wasn't better than the first after seeing it, sounds like your final judgement fell in the middle of our opinions

- - - - - - - -
    I don't remember saying it was better.. I do remember giving it a 9 out of 10 and giving the first one a 10/10.

Still a good movie for a follow up... looking forward right now to the new Batman, and Indiana Jones movie.

It's classic, Rambo

- Emiliano Zapata

Scary movie making viewers sick

Now this is funny..

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- "Cloverfield" is the first adrenaline-pumping monster hit of the year, bringing in more than $40 million dollars on its opening weekend. The thriller is told from the point of view of five young New Yorkers using their handheld camera. But for some viewers, being "part" of the movie is making them sick -- literally.
    ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- "Cloverfield" is the first adrenaline-pumping monster hit of the year, bringing in more than $40 million dollars on its opening weekend. The thriller is told from the point of view of five young New Yorkers using their handheld camera. But for some viewers, being "part" of the movie is making them sick -- literally.

Scary movie making viewers sick

Now this is funny..

AMC theaters across the country have posted signs warning moviegoers of potential "side effects associated with motion sickness similar to riding a roller-coaster."
    Another tip is to briefly close your eyes during the movie. It may be enough to recalibrate your sensors and soothe your symptoms long enough to finish the movie.
    advertisement

And if you're really concerned, just wait to rent the movie.

"A person would be fine watching from home," Stewart said. "When you are on your couch, you have perspective around the screen so your mind knows the movie is moving and the room isn't."