Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultra thin laptop!

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    after further review, the lack of optical drive is enough to shy me away.
    Yep

Users will need to buy an external drive weighing just as much as the lappy itself and probably a USB hub. lol
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    From a technology standpoint this is pretty baddass, technology has definitely gotten smaller. But by gimping it on several features that are needed on a laptop (no optical drive, no replaceable battery, no ethernet, slow hard drive, only one usb port, no firewire) functionally it is deficient. But really nice try and proof of concept, I hope others figure out how to make laptops thinner but full of features at the same time.
    Exactly my thoughts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    From a technology standpoint this is pretty baddass, technology has definitely gotten smaller. But by gimping it on several features that are needed on a laptop (no optical drive, no replaceable battery, no ethernet, slow hard drive, only one usb port, no firewire) functionally it is deficient. But really nice try and proof of concept, I hope others figure out how to make laptops thinner but full of features at the same time.
    Clearly, it is not meant to be a desktop replacement. The absence of ethernet is puzzling being that it is commonplace in hotels.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Clearly, it is not meant to be a desktop replacement. The absence of ethernet is puzzling being that it is commonplace in hotels.
    Another accessory to carry, usb ethernet adapter lol

Too much potato wine will get you drunk ! Isn't that Vodka or something like it?
    Apples are not just for pies but, also for innovation.