Thread: Wireless routers that support "client" mode

x-guest

Question Wireless routers that support "client" mode

Has anyone ever compiled a list like this? Or does anyone know where I could get my hands on one? Basically I need to know which routers (wireless) have the capability for client-mode access. In other words, the router can scan for wireless networks itself and connect to them accordingly, thus being able to give access to other routers and/or to the existing LAN network.

Need Help

Hi man. I know that this forum is not about what i'm going to talk but any way I need and answer.
    My name es Rene and Iím from Cuba and I like to play LOTR BFME2 but when upgrade my version of the game to v1.06 the game wonít work in Multiplayer LAN. Then I so your post in a forum commenting that you have the same problem and I would like to know if you know a way of solving it. Thank you in advance from me and my folks, we are huge fans of the game.

Waiting for your response, and excuse my poor english

x-guest

Thumbs down

Right, just AMBUSH my thread with a question that is so obviously out of the scope of this entire FORUM (let alone this thread) that the universe might just implode under the geometrically immense thoughtlessness and piercing stupidity of asking a BFME question in a thread asking something about ROUTERS... My god the ignorance of some people. Do you just go around aimlessly posting your questions in dozens of random forums or something? jeezuz.

Simple Explanation

MAN your truly funny....jajajaja
    the thing is that i being looking for your nickname and i saw that you post in this forum recently then i figure out that you will check it out soon... and by the way...being from Cuba means that i dont have access to ALL kind of forums otherwise i would write in another forum. I'm a TELECOMUNICATION ENGINEER myself and I have a pretty good idea of what a router is. Anyway sorry to bother you. I just want to play the game and I thougth you could help me. Sorry again.

x-guest
    Do you know me from the former chasenet? Why not just send me a PM?! Sorry I just thought it was pretty strange asking such an off-base question. And btw, China's commie structure filters their peoples internet as well but that can't stop them, there's many ways you can see any forum you desire.

Anyway that BFME problem was a LONG time ago I don't really remember how we solved it exactly but I know it had something to do with the way our LAN & Router was configured to handle traffic (segmented network). Eventually it worked fine and people were able to play again. good luck.

To answer the question:

I've never seen just a list of routers that support client mode.
    AFAIK, you can use a linksys wrt54g v1 through v4 and/or v7 that has been flashed with openwrt or other 3rd party linux firmware. These formwares are robust and have client mode capabilities. It's just as easy to build a client mode access point out of an old comp.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Thanks

Thank you for your answer, we will see what we can do, we are all in the same subnet connected to the same switch, but we are going to see if connecting peer-to-peer we can solve the problem. THANK YOU AGAIN and sorry the bother.

You may want to go the road of using a single wireless router along with additional access points (not wifi router, just plain access point) that can function in repeater mode. The additional aps "repeat" the signal from the wifi router.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH