Thread: Comcast Takes Control Of Some Insight Territories

Comcast Takes Control Of Some Insight Territories

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/i...421272_15.html

With the completion of the transaction, Comcast owns 100% of the cable systems serving Illinois customers in Rockford/Dixon, Quincy/Macomb, Springfield, Peoria and Champaign/Urbana, and Indiana customers in Bloomington, Anderson, and Lafayette/Kokomo. As of September 30, 2007, these systems passed 1.2 million homes and served approximately 696,000 basic video subscribers.
    Insight owns 100% of the cable systems serving Kentucky customers in Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green and Covington, and customers in Evansville, Indiana and Columbus, Ohio. As of September 30, 2007, these systems passed approximately 1.3 million homes and included approximately 665,800 basic video customers.
    Haven't seen much change yet. Speed is down a bit, but pings are slightly better. Should be getting some mailings or emails shortly on any official announcments on scheduled changes or what not.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I heard they'll be buying out the small cable ISP I currently have...and I can't wait. Where I lived before...I had Comcast and was spoiled by it...loved their Powerboost...and I miss it badly. Crossing my fingers that they buy up my current ISP and get their upgrades in soon.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I heard "Blast" was coming to my area.. I can only imagin the hell I'll have to go through if they start upgrading for that. Sure, the speeds are nice once they get it going but when Comcast took over Adelphia here I had the worst Internet since dialup from April to August with the packetloss. Its running good now but they are jacking up prices and for 64.95$/month I'm getting 8megs down and 768k up with only Download powerboost when I should be getting upload powerboost as well. From my understanding the "Blast" package takes the place of what I have now just it gives me a solid 16megs down and 1meg up with no powerboost.