Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just got an XBOX 360...

You can use any HDMI cable, but if you're looking to run the sound through another source (ie optical or RCA), you'll need to get Microsoft's for the breakout box.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You can use any HDMI cable, but if you're looking to run the sound through another source (ie optical or RCA), you'll need to get Microsoft's for the breakout box.
    Yep, thats exactly what I'm looking to do, run the sound through my surround sound. Thanks.

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Just checked and my tv accepts 1080i at max at composite. If it does 1080i, I won't be too worried but if it's 720 then I'll worry.

If the xbox doesn't come with hdmi and tv can only take 720, is there a way I can get it to connect through hdmi? My tv does have a vga port as well.

You'll be able to display at 1080i just fine over component (not composite).

If your TV can do 1080p over VGA, then that adapter would be of use to you, but like I said, the difference between 1080i and p is fairly minimal unless you're using a screen quite larger than yours. I'd save the money and just use the component cables, and you'll be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You'll be able to display at 1080i just fine over component (not composite).

If your TV can do 1080p over VGA, then that adapter would be of use to you, but like I said, the difference between 1080i and p is fairly minimal unless you're using a screen quite larger than yours. I'd save the money and just use the component cables, and you'll be just fine.
    Thanks jim. I meant component not composite.

Arf, can't wait.... come on. If it doesn't come today, I don't think they'll ship it on saturday and monday is new year's eve. GRRR.

I have an itch...

Annyways, thanks again jim and others for being so helpful. Forgive my newbie answers as I just want to be prepared to play this thing when it gets here.

If my box does not have hdmi port, is there anything I can get so that I can connect it to the hdmi? Would this do? http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...60hdmiavcable/

Thanks again.

No problems.

No, in order to use HDMI (including the cable you linked to), the machine needs an HDMI port.

I have seen HDMI adapters, but since the regular video port on the back of the 360 is analog, it renders the all-digital "feature" of HDMI moot.

Thanks again Jim.

I'm seriously considering returning this xbox for one with hdmi. I don't really care that this bundle comes with halo3 and two worlds... I should've known better.

Like you, I just assumed it came with it as does all the latest bundles. Then I realized there's the fine prints. There were actually 2 different version of the same bundle.

Keep in mind that a console is a console, so it's not as if the HDMI-equipped one has some sort of other features that the older model does not possess. But if you're wanting to use an HDMI connection, yeah, I'd see if you can exchange it, even it it means paying a little more (ie full price).

For the record, if it wasn't stressed elsewhere in this thread, Two Worlds is a waste of disc space. If you're a fan of awful games, the first hour may give you some enjoyment, but that's about it.

Funnily enough it arrived yesterday. Hooked it up to see what it can out put and somehow it did 1080p over component. Weird.. looks as good as the PS3 over hdmi to me.

I guess I'll be keeping it! Gotta keep playing games. Yeah, I'm trading in two worlds for anything. I already have mass effect and oblivion to kill my rpg lust.

As soon as we both get some practice I'll see you on xbox live

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    As soon as we both get some practice I'll see you on xbox live
    Practice? Hah.. I don't need no such thing!

Yeah, it doesn't really help at all. I'll lose either way.

Surprisingly, Oblivion is good but I just really wish I was playing this on the computer. I like mods. Mass effect is suited very nicely for console though. I'll try to finish this one before oblivion.

The game I'm most addicted to is table tennis... haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Surprisingly, Oblivion is good but I just really wish I was playing this on the computer. I like mods.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=10-62179273-2

Got any arcade games?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead324 View Post
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

ohh being a smart aleck eh. I have it on comp just that my comp can't run it in good details and I can't wait to play it anymore so I'm playing it on xbox.

I didn't know playing 5 hrs straight is an achievement.... I should really take a break. I'm hooked onto mass effect now. I knew I'd love it considering I love kotor 1 and even 2.

No arcade games yet. Deciding to finish my single player rpgs before I sign onto live. I haven't even unwrapped halo 3 yet... I'll play it after my rpgs are over with.

I have been playing assassins creed endlessly, I love it!

ohh being a smart aleck eh. I have it on comp just that my comp can't run it in good details and I can't wait to play it anymore so I'm playing it on xbox.

I didn't know playing 5 hrs straight is an achievement.... I should really take a break. I'm hooked onto mass effect now. I knew I'd love it considering I love kotor 1 and even 2.

No arcade games yet. Deciding to finish my single player rpgs before I sign onto live. I haven't even unwrapped halo 3 yet... I'll play it after my rpgs are over with.
    If your still playing your rpg's on an offline account, once you get XBL, your gonna have to get all the achievements again.

If your still playing your rpg's on an offline account, once you get XBL, your gonna have to get all the achievements again.
    Really.... other than bragging rights.. what else do these things do?

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Really.... other than bragging rights.. what else do these things do?
    They give you a bigger E-Penis.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well that's only if he doesn't sign up to XBL using the same account. If he does he keeps all his achievements and his gamerscore.
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"