Thread: I am cluless. What motherboard do I get for Athalon?

gmcd33

Question I am cluless. What motherboard do I get for Athalon?

I am building a computer for my dad. I want to use an Athalon at about 8 or 900 mhz. What brand mother board should I get. Price?
    Thanks guys!!

glc1

Asus A7V or Abit KT7 for Socket A T'birds...

I...... AM.......... CANADIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, the MSI K7TPro2 is more stable, and probably cheaper. But it doesn't have RAID support if you're into it.

freckmoto

I dont know Tiger, I have hear many people who lost 150mhz on an OC when switching to the MSI board. I sure enjoy my KT7 RAID.

Freckmoto

------------------
    Abit KT7 RAID
    Duron 600 @ 1000mhz
    OCZ Monster 2 Heatsink
    256mb PC133 Infineon 222
    10 gig
    TNT2
    Aureal Vortex 2

jdblitz

I prefer intel myself but have dabbled with amd with machines I have had to fix and the kt7 has been the most reliable as well as flexible. This has just been my experience as I have only really worked with about 8-10 different amd boards. But, I have seen some SWEET machines on kt7 and I am not even a fan.

G'Luck!

JD

It's NOT 'Athalon'! It's Athlon

haha, NEWBIE

And get a KT-7 Raid, but it's socket A for Thunderbirds

If you are refering to a regular Athlon SlotA then that's old and outdated now

------------------
    Striking Fear in the Heart of Newbies Because I am BRENT JUSTICE: Man of Action Defender of Good and Destroyer of Evil

My site www.coremeltdown.com

the_mp3_refuge

Cool

Originally posted by Brent:

If you are refering to a regular Athlon SlotA then that's old and outdated now

On the contrary. I just built my new sys with a 650K7 and it more then trippled my performance in every benchmark that i used on my old 500 Celeron. It's really not that bad of a machine. And some ppl said thet the ATI Rage Fury Pro was outdated. With alittle tweaks I score more then 4000 3D Mark Points. It's just how u run the stuff I guess. Or maybe I'm just lucky