Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Brand of Cell Phone is best?

Quote Originally Posted by purecomedy View Post
    I think that I'll activate with Telus which is CDMA or something like that (not GSM). That is something I regret getting in so late in the game, I know F-all about cell phones.

I even wonder why when I buy a plan some phones are like $500 with no contract but available brand new on Ebay for $200. I'm wondering if there is some kind of catch related to needing to unlock the phone and stuff like that....or conversely if the phone is unlocked does that sometimes also mess something up.
    unlcoking sometimes can cause issues. mainly with cdma phone's if you take a phone that was locked an branded for verizon. but using it on a sprint network. you most likely will only be able to place calls. no text no wap edvo or even voicemail without calling your own number untill you change the firmware or hack the firmware to sprints setup. same thing with att and tmobile swapping. with motorola phones thats not an issue cause they can be flashed with a normal usb port and software. the firmwares are everywhere

Cabledude Avatar Fan purecomedy's Avatar
    Sounds neat Pete.

Cellphone newb question....If I get a 2 year contract and after 1 year decide that I want a new phone can I buy another phone with a 2 year contract....how do they handle that one year I had left on the prior contract?

Quote Originally Posted by purecomedy View Post
    Sounds neat Pete.

Cellphone newb question....If I get a 2 year contract and after 1 year decide that I want a new phone can I buy another phone with a 2 year contract....how do they handle that one year I had left on the prior contract?
    i know with at&t i just started the contract over.
    i hade a rokr e1 and lost it. i have over a year left of my 2 year contract. i called cs to see what i could do. they let me get a new phone at the 2 year discount and just start my contract over. for me that was no problem because i love cingular/att so it was a reason not to switch lol

In my opinion Nokia is the best branded mobile phone. It has more features and are easy to use. Their body is replaceable and colors are changeable.

I just got an LG.

Currently have a Blackberry Curve with AT&T and love it. I really do not know what I would do without it any more. It really is a Crackberry. It is nice to be able to so much with it.

Switched over from a Samsung A900 and Sprint in October and have not looked back since.

just to add to the fact that moto is best , i saw on History Rocks the other day, that back when cell phones first came out, moto made the first actually portable phone.