Thread: exception shell32.dll control_rundll hotplug.dll

exception shell32.dll control_rundll hotplug.dll

When ever I unplug a USB device from one of my USB ports, I get a RUNDLL error that notes:

An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll control_rundll hotplug.dll"

Any ideas on what's up and how to fix it folks ? Not a big problem, everything still works fine, it's just annoying.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children."

Asus P5Q-E LGA 775 / Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale / Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / NVIDIA GTX650 Ti Boost / Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) / Corsair CMPSU-650TX / Asus 20X DRW-2014L1T / Klipsch 4.1 / Creative Sound Blaster Z / Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive / Too many hard drives to mention.....

Try...

Thre's no patch that I know of. Just right click My Computer and select Properties, select Hardware, Device manager, select View, select View Hidden Devices, and then for each Genric-volume entry under Storage Volumes, right click and select update and let windows try to find a better driver for the Generic volume. If windows says it doesn't a better driver, that's okay, but it will probably update at least one of the entries. Then close down the device manager and reboot. Prob should be gone.
    ...from http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showt...=176066&page=5

Apparently it's due to using Acronis TrueImage 11.

Thanks ! Worked like a champ so far !

I think it must have something to do with the Diskeeper proggie. All of them were o.k. except one which found a new driver.

Thanks for fixing my annoyance !

"We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children."

Asus P5Q-E LGA 775 / Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale / Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / NVIDIA GTX650 Ti Boost / Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) / Corsair CMPSU-650TX / Asus 20X DRW-2014L1T / Klipsch 4.1 / Creative Sound Blaster Z / Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive / Too many hard drives to mention.....

The url links provided are really cool!
    Thanks

The ghost in the machine striker8000's Avatar
    if you are looking for a response to your question, please start a new thread as this one has been solved
    still folding away, haven't been on as much lately

Thanks for this post!

Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    Try...

...from http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showt...=176066&page=5

Apparently it's due to using Acronis TrueImage 11.

President of our company had me clone with Acronis. Had this issue and the fix worked like a champ!!!