Thread: xbox 360 elite ?

Question xbox 360 elite ?

ok when the elite first came out it bundled with the remote hdmi cables, headset and the wireless networking.
    now only the hdmi cable remians
    so unit 450
    remote 20
    headset 20
    wireless network 100
    for a total of 600ish
    and if u had inthe hd dvd playet that another 180.

so why is it better to get the xbox over the ps3?
    and right now at best buy u get 5 free blue ray dvds?

trying to decide on what to tell the wife what one to get me.

games i only realy play sports games madden ncaa football ea sports baseball hockey ect.....

burnout tony hawk and stuff like that most games i play are on both units so i need advice from who has both and if yu dont have both why did u go with the one you did. halo dose me no good i hate first person games ..i sux at them lol

the 360 is better because there is a lot more, good games out, and the online is way better, and has many cool features.

ya but ps3 online is free xbox is 50 a yr

but that money is so that they can constantly add things to the market place, and and complete dashboard updates like 4 times a year.

SG Enthusiast
    I haven't done much game playing over the wireless connection, so I don't know what the online gaming is like on either unit. However, I have downloaded several movies to view on Live. That is really cool. Also nice being able to stream wirelessly from media center. I have to admit my PS3 doesn't see as much action as the 360, but they have both been dwarfed as of late by the Wii, lol. There are a lot more cool games coming out for PS3, but in my opinion there have still not been any real stand out games yet.
    Looking for work............

Perhaps I'm spending too much time on this reply...

Quote Originally Posted by horsemen_ View Post
    ok when the elite first came out it bundled with the remote hdmi cables, headset and the wireless networking.
    now only the hdmi cable remians
    so unit 450
    remote 20
    headset 20
    wireless network 100
    for a total of 600ish
    and if u had inthe hd dvd playet that another 180.
    The Elite was NEVER bundled by Microsoft with the DVD remote or Wifi connector. The only 360s that included the media remote were the initial shipments of the Pro system in all three major territories. For example, in the US, only the first 500,000 systems included the (mini) media remote. The 360 has never shipped with the Wifi connector included. Any such versions you may or may not have seen would've been bundles created by a separate retailer. However, every Elite is, and always has been bundled with a wired headset.

The list you posted above is suspiciously like the cut & paste rants one would read in some console wars flame-athon that one would read on some random web board. It would then be followed up by an equally silly drive-by post detailing every piece and option that's included with the 360, but not with Sony's PS3 ("zomg it dose'nt evn cum wit hd cabelz! LOLOLOLZ!!!!1").

so why is it better to get the xbox over the ps3?
    For most people, it boils down to software. Due to the PS3's late (yet rushed) start out of the gate, the software still isn't quite up to par, let alone surpassing the competition. Sony's first-party titles have ranged from terrible (Lair) to short-but-sweet (Ratchet, Heavenly Sword), and their third party games run the gamut of everything from watered-down ports (read: EA's sports games, Orange Box) to delayed multi-platform releases (practically every Unreal 3 game except Unreal 3 itself). That is why more pick the 360 over the PS3 as of this point in time.

And consider this. Some of the PlayStation's year-1 killer apps were Tekken 2, Resident Evil, and Air (Ace) Combat. Some of the Playstation 2's year-1 killer apps were Metal Gear Solid 2, Gran Turismo 3, Final Fantasy X, and Grand Theft Auto III. Note that all of the above were not only games that sold well, they were system sellers.

What exactly was the killer app to mark the first year of the PS3? Uncharted and an offline-only Ratchet? Almost nothing on the software side has had the average consumer salivating for a PS3, and certainly not to the extent that Microsoft had when Gears of War marked the 360's first birthday.

Be it honesty or damage control, at this point Sony is actually admitting that they are the tortoise in this race. The PS3 will mature into the gaming system everyone wanted it to be, but it just won't be this year, and may not even be next year either.

But this is the bottom line. Just find the system that has the most games you want to play, and go with it. According to your post, if all you care about are third party sports and racing titles, either system will work just fine. As far as your tastes are concerned, there is no "right" or "wrong" system, period.

and right now at best buy u get 5 free blue ray dvds?
    The "5 free BD discs!" promo (which applies at any retailer since it's a mail-in offer) also reeks of the same fire sale as it did over the summer. It's a mostly sub-par list of films, and in some cases, the discs were so awful that they've already been double-dipped (a la Full Metal Jacket). And yes, the HD side has their own list of barely passable discs that they're looking to get rid of, including the aforementioned FMJ disc.

Quote Originally Posted by horsemen_ View Post
    ya but ps3 online is free xbox is 50 a yr
    Sometimes (not always), you get what you pay for, and don't count on the PSN staying free.
    Last edited by Jim; 12-07-07 at 02:13 AM. Reason: All work and no play makes Jim a crappy speller