Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Beck's bodyguards = Secret Service

Certified SG Addict

Glenn Beck's bodyguards = Secret Service

http://www.infowars.com/articles/med...et_service.htm

Members of We Are Change Ohio were threatened with arrest and questioned by members of the Secret Service before and after confronting CNN host Glenn Beck this past weekend about his efforts to link Ron Paul supporters with terrorists, during public appearances at which Beck was promoting his new book.
    This guy is even worse than Limbaugh, smarmy as hell. One time of hearing his radio show made me gag, and that was when I was all about Bush and rah-rah get them Moooooslimz.

Glenn Beck is a very strange person.

SG Enthusiast
    Awesome, Beck is a weasel. RON PAUL 2008! Tea Party Dec 16th, spread the word!

Wow...the amount of politics on this forum is appalling.....

You guys get WAY bent out of shape......this is a NETWORKING forum, not a politics forum....
    e6400 (@3.2Ghz)
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    2048x2 SuperTalent (DDR2-1000@4-4-4-4)
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb
    WD 80gigx2 RAID0

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post

You guys get WAY bent out of shape......this is a NETWORKING forum, not a politics forum....
    Actually it's a General Discussions forum.

WAY bent out of shape? Have you been paying attention to the direction this country is heading?

Yeah, it is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Actually it's a General Discussions forum.
    General discussions forum of a tech site.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    General discussions forum of a tech site.

..and thus the reason you put topics that aren't covered in other forums on here in General Discussions (i.e. politics, sports etc..)

..and thus the reason you put topics that aren't covered in other forums on here in General Discussions (i.e. politics, sports etc..)
    No the topics here are meaningless as everyone changes them(usually to politics right now) and they continue on their wild course because of lack of moderation.

First of all religion and politics have no place on a site like this, the threads create unneeded tension and flaming. But they're allowed here, and ya you can say "we'll as adults we should be mature about it and blah blah blah" But adults aren't always mature, especially on the net and it gets out of hand, time and time again, but does the continued flaming and attacks from the threads ever bring out any real ruling from the staff, nope. It calms down a bit and then starts to build up again till its all out of proportion. Other sites that allow politics and religion tend to have strict moderators/rules, here its just a free for all play pen made out of loose metal pipes.

What do mods do when poo hits the fan? "guys come on, behave, like seriously, guys, guys guuuuuys come on..."

Then it moves to stage 2 with a serious warning, oh noes!

Have to wait till stage 3 for posts to get edited or threads closed.

And there is no moderation on keeping things on topic in the gen forum, well maybe if the thread interests a mod, but thats rare.

I think it comes down to Philip being to nice and forgiving, moderators should have a strict direction to follow, which if there is one here I guess its only to delete spam posts.

No the topics here are meaningless as everyone changes them(usually to politics right now) and they continue on their wild course because of lack of moderation.

First of all religion and politics have no place on a site like this, the threads create unneeded tension and flaming. But they're allowed here, and ya you can say "we'll as adults we should be mature about it and blah blah blah" But adults aren't always mature, especially on the net and it gets out of hand, time and time again, but does the continued flaming and attacks from the threads ever bring out any real ruling from the staff, nope. It calms down a bit and then starts to build up again till its all out of proportion. Other sites that allow politics and religion tend to have strict moderators/rules, here its just a free for all play pen made out of loose metal pipes.

What do mods do when poo hits the fan? "guys come on, behave, like seriously, guys, guys guuuuuys come on..."

And there is no moderation on keeping things on topic in the gen forum, well maybe if the thread interests a mod, but thats rare.

I think it comes down to Philip being to nice and forgiving, moderators should have a strict direction to follow, which if there is one here I guess its only to delete spam posts.
    I can't speak for all the staff, but I can tell you personally YOS that I investigate every Reported post made. If you or anyone else has an issue with something that is going on then by all means report the post. I will look into the issue personally and see what can be done to resolve the problem. It may not always be to everyone's liking, but I do try my best to resolve every issue with as much satisfaction as possible.

The thing is most of the reported posts are for spam, and not because people are wanting to draw our attention to a disagreement or something offensive. The site is to big for us to catch everything so we do rely on members to assist us at times.

Anyway, if you use that feature then I can assure you I will look into it. If people don't then I can make no guarantees that something will be caught. Truth is what may not be an issue for you may be one for me and vice versa. That's why we need to hear from members when they deem something to be inappropriate. The more we hear from members the more informed we become.

If reporting posts isn't your thing then drop me a PM or an email. I will be happy to look into it.

I can't speak for all the staff, but I can tell you personally YOS that I investigate every Reported post made. If you or anyone else has an issue with something that is going on then by all means report the post. I will look into the issue personally and see what can be done to resolve the problem. It may not always be to everyone's liking, but I do try my best to resolve every issue with as much satisfaction as possible.

The thing is most of the reported posts are for spam, and not because people are wanting to draw our attention to a disagreement or something offensive. The site is to big for us to catch everything so we do rely on members to assist us at times.

Anyway, if you use that feature then I can assure you I will look into it. If people don't then I can make no guarantees that something will be caught. Truth is what may not be an issue for you may be one for me and vice versa. That's why we need to hear from members when they deem something to be inappropriate. The more we hear from members the more informed we become.

If reporting posts isn't your thing then drop me a PM or an email. I will be happy to look into it.

You only moderate when stuff is reported? Theres obvious stuff on the first page that is easy to catch, and I dont realyl think reporting every political or religous post would be worth anyone's time, I'm also sure stonecat would like to kill him after checking his phone( ).

I am a head moderator of a overclocking forum that has over 50,000 members and we have a ZERO TOLERANCE rule about politics. Most adults cannot have a civilized convo about politics, and then when the Greenday and System of a Down kiddies join in...holy **** mang.

I love discussing politics, but not a tech forum where I go to learn to improve my skills. Just my .02.
    e6400 (@3.2Ghz)
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb
    WD 80gigx2 RAID0

What don't you guys understand about the general heading? Every forum on the internet almost has one of these.....
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

I am a head moderator of a overclocking forum that has over 50,000 members and we have a ZERO TOLERANCE rule about politics. Most adults cannot have a civilized convo about politics, and then when the Greenday and System of a Down kiddies join in...holy **** mang.

I love discussing politics, but not a tech forum where I go to learn to improve my skills. Just my .02.
    Thats the way to do it.

EOC?

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit View Post
    What don't you guys understand about the general heading? Every forum on the internet almost has one of these.....
    Ya I understand that, but also most other internet forums dont allow politics or religion either.

I don't understand why you can't either not participate or stay out of totally threads that make you uneasy. Whats the big deal about politics and religion? People get frustrated over catsup or ketchup.

I don't understand why you can't either not participate or stay out of totally threads that make you uneasy. Whats the big deal about politics and religion? People get frustrated over catsup or ketchup.
    Go click "New Posts"...look at the top two thread. ding ding ding...

When the politic threads are more active than the tech threads.....yeah......

I lurk this forum a lot, and noticed that it is a trend.

AND, the American Gladiator thread, NOT a political thread.
    e6400 (@3.2Ghz)
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb
    WD 80gigx2 RAID0

Look at all the drama they cause. Apparently just about no one can stay out of them. It lingers on past those threads too. They don't belong on a tech board, or a car board, or game site board, or an audio board, or a security board, and others, as many have found, which again, is why you dont see political and religous threads on other forums.

Go click "New Posts"...look at the top two thread. ding ding ding...

When the politic threads are more active than the tech threads.....yeah......

I lurk this forum a lot, and noticed that it is a trend.

AND, the American Gladiator thread, NOT a political thread.
    Thats what the poeple that come here want to talk about though. Its the General Forum. They dominate most bbs on the internet.