Thread: How To Netwok For Small Company 16 Pc With Mail Server And Proxy

Question How To Netwok For Small Company 16 Pc With Mail Server And Proxy

I'M IMPLEMENTING SMALL BUSINESS IN MY HOME WITH 16 COMPUTERS. I CONFIGURES LAN WITH IP RANGE 192.168.8.X.
    I GOT A STATIC IP CONNECTION FOR MY INTERNET CONNECT IN ISP.
    STATIC IP AS : 203.143.40.82
    DOMAIN REG FOR THE EMAIL - JINADASA.COM

EALIER I ONLY HAVE EMAIL SERVER.
    SO DNS MX RECORD REFER TO THE 203.143.40.82 AS JINADASA.COM. ITS FINE. WORKED 100%
    BUT NOW I WANT TO ADD PROXY SERVER. FOR MY LAN

I NEED:

1). I WANT TO ADD PROXY SERVER, THAT ALL CLENTS NEEDS TO GO THROUGH THE PROXY
    2). I WANT TO ADD MAIL SERVER FOR MY COMPANY.
    I WAS REGISTERD DOMAIN NAME WITH COMPANY AND ADD DNS (MX) RECODRD ACCRODING TO MY DOMAIN NAME.

EALIER I ONLY HAVE EMAIL SERVER.
    SO DNS MX RECORD REFER TO THE 203.143.40.82 AS JINADASA.COM. ITS FINE. WORKED 100%
    BUT NOW I WANT TO ADD PROXY SERVER. FOR MY LAN

HOW TO ALLOCATE THIS TASK. I WANT NETWORK DIAGRAM ABT THIS.
    PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS WITH IP ADDRESING FOR MAIL SERVER AND PROXY SERVER

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 R2 "Premium Edition"....perfect fit...awesome features and value.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...s/default.mspx

Premium Edition comes with ISA Server....for your proxy, as well as SQL server.

Small Business Server "Standard Edition" does not have ISA and SQL.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

How To Do This : Network For Small Business

i want to know ip address allocation regard this?

i want to know how then MX record will be defind ?

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 R2 "Premium Edition"....perfect fit...awesome features and value.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...s/default.mspx

Premium Edition comes with ISA Server....for your proxy, as well as SQL server.

Small Business Server "Standard Edition" does not have ISA and SQL.

Well, any class C subnet will do fine for 15x PCs...such as 192.168.1.xxx.

You point your MX record to your WAN IP address..so mail will flow to your Exchange server. Or...if you have POP3 internet mailboxes from some webhost...SBS comes with a POP3 connector. You can also do SMTP forwarding from within Exchange to your webhost, generally what I prefer to do, and let them handle the Rev DNS. With my SBS setups, I generally have a webhost handle the MX...having it point to themselves..and they "wash" the mail of spam and viruses..and then forward it to my Exchange server. This way I can also setup an ACL on the router/firewall...allowing SMTP traffic (port 25) to only be open between my clients Exchange Server..and the mail/web host that I use. This way...port 25 is close to the "rest of the world"..keeping the Exchange server much more secure. So in most of my cases..the mail/web host that I use...handles the DNS, MX record point to themselves..they spool up the mail and spit it to the Exchange server in a smart host method.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

how to tel ISP dns server to forward all mail to my mail server through the ISA serve

how to tel ISP dns server to forward all mail to my mail server through the ISA server ?

this is my question

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Well, any class C subnet will do fine for 15x PCs...such as 192.168.1.xxx.

You point your MX record to your WAN IP address..so mail will flow to your Exchange server. Or...if you have POP3 internet mailboxes from some webhost...SBS comes with a POP3 connector. You can also do SMTP forwarding from within Exchange to your webhost, generally what I prefer to do, and let them handle the Rev DNS. With my SBS setups, I generally have a webhost handle the MX...having it point to themselves..and they "wash" the mail of spam and viruses..and then forward it to my Exchange server. This way I can also setup an ACL on the router/firewall...allowing SMTP traffic (port 25) to only be open between my clients Exchange Server..and the mail/web host that I use. This way...port 25 is close to the "rest of the world"..keeping the Exchange server much more secure. So in most of my cases..the mail/web host that I use...handles the DNS, MX record point to themselves..they spool up the mail and spit it to the Exchange server in a smart host method.

Quote Originally Posted by prabath7 View Post
    how to tel ISP dns server to forward all mail to my mail server through the ISA server ?

this is my question
    When you register your domain name....you're given a username and a password so you can log into your registrars control panel and manage your account. You'd point the MX record to your public IP address yourself. Some smaller ISPs..like the web/mailhost I work with which is located 2x floors up from my office....I catch them on instant messenger or on the phone..and they do it right then and there. Guess it depends on who your web/mailhost/ISP is..and what your relationship is with them.
    Guinness for Strength!!!