Thread: Twisting the knife in Posse Comitatus' back...

Certified SG Addict

Post Twisting the knife in Posse Comitatus' back...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=58728

New federal legislation shows the Bush administration has begun systematically putting in place authorization for the president to federalize the National Guard and use the U.S. military in domestic emergency situations.

A provision in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (H.R. 1585) requires the secretary of defense to prepare and submit to Congress by March 1, 2008, and each subsequent March 1 a plan to coordinate the use of the National Guard and members of the Armed Forces on active duty when responding to natural disasters, acts of terrorism, and other man-made disasters.

Section 1806 of H.R. 1585 requires the secretary of defense to prepare two versions of the plan, one using only members of the National Guard, and one using both members of the National Guard and members of the regular components of the armed services.

The section also requires the secretary of defense's plan to specify "Protocols for the Department of Defense, the National Guard Bureau, and the governors of the several states to carry out operations in coordination with each other and to ensure that governors and local communities are properly informed and remain in control in their respective states and communities."

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Burke, I have personally asked three different lawyers what the Posse Comitatus act was, and not one damn one of them knew what it was. And that blows my mind since Louisiana has the longest bar exam in the US.

… The Louisiana exam holds the distinction of being the longest bar exam in the United States, consisting of 21 hours of examination on nine topic areas….
    Source

The act has been eroding away for years, read this.

A thread I posted a while back with some interesting info.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................