Thread: Noob's Section

Noob's Section

Can you put a section where noobs like me can ask noob questions?
    I have lot of things to ask?
    I don't even know what the terms being mentioned in some threads here means.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to SG

Just use the General Discussion, or the General Broadband forum... There are no stupid questions, and chances are others can benefit from the answers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Welcome to SG

Just use the General Discussion, or the General Broadband forum... There are no stupid questions, and chances are others can benefit from the answers as well.
    Sadly, he will inevitibly be met with the moronic response of simply 'googling' his question, because no one seems to have time to answer simple questions on a forum anymore, they're too busy reveling in their l33tness....not a huge issue here at SG but it occurs a lot on other forums.

Sorry for the rant, it's a pet peeve of mine but you should simply start a thread in the appropriate forum and hopefully someone will drop in with something useful to help you out.

Okay, I'll just try finding my way in the jungle out there.
    I'm sure there are lots of friendly people here.

What terms?

Oh.
    Okay here's my updated list:
    1. Strict Nat
    2. Bridge
    3. Versalink
    4. Proxy
    5. Spike
    6. VPN
    7. Router
    8. Tweak
    9. Bandwidth

Well, I'm just feeling lazy to look for their meanings myself. I wouldn't understand it anyway. One time I look for a terms meaning I ended up looking for another word's meaning.

Blog Entries
    NeedForHelp,

Internet forums have their personality archetypes throughout. There are some very helpful folks here, but they tend to be cautious. All too often, a poster is looking for someone to do their homework, too lazy to search for easy to digest lessons or even worse, thankless boors.

Stick it out, show that you are actively trying to learn and be thankful. You will be rewarded.

pax,
    david

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sorry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedForHelp View Post
    Sorry
    No need to apologize, quite the opposite. I feel bad that you have had to deal with some unfriendliness here at SpeedGuide.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Philip has provided us with an excellent resource. Easy to find under the main menu.

http://www.speedguide.net/glossary.php

http://www.speedguide.net/faq.php

Hell_Yes

Weeeee, Thanks for the links.

Blog Entries
    Check out the cool links under the Main menu tab.

Again, some pretty darn good resources here. I hope this has been of some help.

Hell_Yes