Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Thought - What are we turning into?

Quick Thought - What are we turning into?

If you don't believe in evolution at all, then don't read this. If you do, then what is going to happen to the species?

We, who stopped giving out 1st, 2nd, 3rd place to children because it might "make someone feel bad." We, who, in some places, stopped giving out grades because it isn't fair to "rate" children. We, who question standardized tests such as SAT, ACT, etc because "it's not fair to everyone." We, who allow the television to raise our young - and btw, have you seen what Disney feeds them? It's f*cking frightening. If you don't believe me, turn it on and check out the Doodlebops.

If you believe in Darwinism at all, we are completely undoing it all. We have encouraged the weak to stay weak, the dumb to stay dumb and to feel good about themselves in the process. Then, these people go on to breed - and these are the ones that breed in abundance. When & how did we become such pussies and what's going to happen for us being so?

Quote Originally Posted by duhast View Post
    If you don't believe in evolution at all, then don't read this. If you do, then what is going to happen to the species?

We, who stopped giving out 1st, 2nd, 3rd place to children because it might "make someone feel bad." We, who, in some places, stopped giving out grades because it isn't fair to "rate" children. We, who question standardized tests such as SAT, ACT, etc because "it's not fair to everyone." We, who allow the television to raise our young - and btw, have you seen what Disney feeds them? It's f*cking frightening. If you don't believe me, turn it on and check out the Doodlebops.

If you believe in Darwinism at all, we are completely undoing it all. We have encouraged the weak to stay weak, the dumb to stay dumb and to feel good about themselves in the process. Then, these people go on to breed - and these are the ones that breed in abundance. When & how did we become such pussies and what's going to happen for us being so?

QFT! I couldn't agree more ....

Well said ...

But keep in mind there are other networks not just north american network spreeding feed all over the world, you would be supriced if you seen eu programming.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

I agree, we have become way to PC for our own good, it is really going to mess us up.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Blog Entries
    Time to cue up the movie 'Idiocracy.'

------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Don't think it has much to do with Darwinism. It is strictly nature. The strong should live to breed, the weak should die.

Unfortunately we have politicians who keep making laws to protect the weak, and a medical system that saves fare too many people who should be dyeing.

I just can't believe the stupidity of some of the people I run into each day.

No, you are not wrong, all we have to do is allow nature to have a little more control.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Don't think it has much to do with Darwinism. It is strictly nature. The strong should live to breed, the weak should die.

Unfortunately we have politicians who keep making laws to protect the weak, and a medical system that saves fare too many people who should be dyeing.

I just can't believe the stupidity of some of the people I run into each day.

No, you are not wrong, all we have to do is allow nature to have a little more control.
    By that post, blacklab, are you thinking that we shouldn't have found cures for smallpox or measles?

Penicillin? What say you?

I do belive that TV dumbs down society but imho, that's our own fault. We don't have to put up with that.

At some point..mother nature will take care of the whole thing. The strong and the weak.

We may even be the tool that does it.

Blog Entries

You speak of the royal we?

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

This will all be "fixed" when mankind masters DNA and genetic engineering.

*I will be the mold for the perfect "it"*
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    You speak of the royal we?
    WE, I guess speaking of the United States in particular. For being such a blood-thirsty country, we're actually, as a whole, a bunch of pansies. Hopefully, the tide will turn.

So, I guess it will not affect humanity all that much as our country is just a small portion of the world's population.

You're crazy if you think that nature isn't having it's nasty little way with us... one hiccup by this planet and we're toast...
    Now, speaking specifically about our species of animal, it is true that we are running the thing into the ground.
    On that note, we are also simply doing what any virulent species does, so I imagine that I will have to be happy with things... not having an option and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterlin View Post
    You're crazy if you think that nature isn't having it's nasty little way with us...
    I never claimed to be sane. I do understand the Chaos Theory & Butterfly Effect and all that... I'm talking about what we've done to ourselves.

Blog Entries
    There are plenty of intelligent, thoughtful, innovative and ambitious people in the United States. Present Western culture has logarithmic growth in diversions, which opens new avenues of exploration and sloth. If there are flaws, they lie in habits and our desire to excuse bad behavior.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    This will all be "fixed" when mankind masters DNA and genetic engineering.

*I will be the mold for the perfect "it"*
    You, mold, somehow it all makes sense...I can see you coming from a petri dish...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    You, mold, somehow it all makes sense...I can see you coming from a petri dish...

Say now.....there's a visual.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    By that post, blacklab, are you thinking that we shouldn't have found cures for smallpox or measles?

Penicillin? What say you?

I do belive that TV dumbs down society but imho, that's our own fault. We don't have to put up with that.

At some point..mother nature will take care of the whole thing. The strong and the weak.

We may even be the tool that does it.
    No, I have no problem with curing any of the diseases common to man, or helping people live a fuller life. People should be willing to participate in their good health though.

What I object to is the extra ordinary measure they do to keep premature babies alive when nature decided they should be aborted. Most of these kids grow up with many problems that become society's problem. Before anybody jumps on me telling me they know of kids who were premature and they grew up fine. It happens, but think about it objectively. Hundreds of thousands of dollars is spent on these kids when the money could be better spent on those who have already passed natures second test.

Another place there is unnecessary time and effort spent is on those who are ready to die. Believe it or not, some people believe there is something better after our time on earth, and who really knows for sure. Why do we spend so much time and effort on them. Let them go in peace.

Don't blame it on TV ether, there is a lot of educating things on TV, we chose what we watch. I suspect video games to be more a dummying down thing that TV.

Wow..........so we should be the judge and jury of which premie gets to live and which doesn't.

I'd hate to be in the medical profession if that were ever come to be.

Not dissing you, bl. I just happen to have a different view point is all. Personally I dont' think we'll really evolve to something intelligent unless we figure out how to take care of "all" of us.

Can't disagee about the death part. Personally I think that's a decision that should be left up to the individual in most cases.

TV....yes there's some good shows on TV but really, do you think parents for the most part are insisting that their kids only watch educational TV? I tired with my kids to keep them more interested in such shows but turn your back for an instant and MTV would be on. I had it blocked for years only to find out that both my kids figured out how to unblock it whenever I wasn't around.

Maybe they picked that up by watching PBS. Who knows? lol

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Wow..........so we should be the judge and jury of which premie gets to live and which doesn't.

I'd hate to be in the medical profession if that were ever come to be.
    In a word, yes. I know it is harsh, but too many doctors are trying to be heroes by pushing the envelope. Just because we have the technology, we don't always have to use it.

Not dissing you, bl. I just happen to have a different view point is all. Personally I dont' think we'll really evolve to something intelligent unless we figure out how to take care of "all" of us.
    I have to agree with you on that one.

Can't disagee about the death part. Personally I think that's a decision that should be left up to the individual in most cases.
    I use to feel that everybody should be saved, but after spending eight years on the local crises line I knew I should quit when I told a couple of suicide calls that it may be their best option.

TV....yes there's some good shows on TV but really, do you think parents for the most part are insisting that their kids only watch educational TV? I tired with my kids to keep them more interested in such shows but turn your back for an instant and MTV would be on. I had it blocked for years only to find out that both my kids figured out how to unblock it whenever I wasn't around.

Maybe they picked that up by watching PBS. Who knows? lol
    I don't really know how to answer that one, but at least you try. Too many parents do nothing to bring their kids up with a sense of decency. The one thing you have to remember, you are the parent and your word should be final. You have to live with them, or they have to live with you.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    In a word, yes. I know it is harsh, but too many doctors are trying to be heroes by pushing the envelope. Just because we have the technology, we don't always have to use it.

I have to agree with you on that one.

I use to feel that everybody should be saved, but after spending eight years on the local crises line I knew I should quit when I told a couple of suicide calls that it may be their best option.

I don't really know how to answer that one, but at least you try. Too many parents do nothing to bring their kids up with a sense of decency. The one thing you have to remember, you are the parent and your word should be final. You have to live with them, or they have to live with you.
    are you serious?
    There is security in fearlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    are you serious?
    Unfortunately yes.