Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Police Chase Video

I say nice work on that one.

ya,if I was a cop,I would be shooting alot !

SG Enthusiast
    Glad I ride a bicycle.
    Looking for work............

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Glad I ride a bicycle.
    Where do you keep the shotgun?

SG Enthusiast

On my Big Wheel.
    Looking for work............

Folding with AMD POWER Loonatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    They could have pitted the guy.
    You didnt watch the video. He was pitted.

Since some of you dont understand anything about Police, Ill copy and paste from Officer.com.

We have a guy that has already rammed squad cars, been rammed by squads, has already been fired on by officers but continues to target those officers with his primary weapon, the car. This guy showed an utter disregard for human life (both the officers and the general public) that culmanated in him trying to run over an officer who was attempting the "cover and command" you're advocating. Instead of allowing this yahoo to escape and thereby continue to threaten the lives of the officers and general public, this sergeant did exactly what we are trained to do- take the fight to the bad guy.

This guy had already demonstrated that he was willing to do anything, including trying to kill police officers, to escape. The cause and effect of this situation was the bad guy deciding to run from the police, deciding to attempt to kill police officers, and deciding not to surrender.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic View Post

Since some of you dont understand anything about Police, Ill copy and paste from Officer.com.
    I did watch it ........over and over again ....my recommendation would be for them to go through training again because they're driving skills obviously need work.....appears they've gone through extra gun training, though.

Folding with AMD POWER Loonatic's Avatar
    I did watch it ........over and over again ....my recommendation would be for them to go through training again because they're driving skills obviously need work.....appears they've gone through extra gun training, though.
    Easy for you to sit there and criticize from your computer chair there, Keyboard Warrior. I didnt see anything wrong with any of the driving. You have no room to recommend they do anything, but being the police hater that you are I can understand why you speak this way.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

I think they did fine. They never got a good pit off the guy, but rammed him well. Guy that was on the hood looks liek he tried to get to the drivers doora dn ended up in the way of the vehicle, so shooting the driver makes sense.

Easy for you to sit there and criticize from your computer chair there, Keyboard Warrior. I didnt see anything wrong with any of the driving. You have no room to recommend they do anything, but being the police hater that you are I can understand why you speak this way.
    Yes, yes it is and I do have plenty of room in my office. Thanks. Still trying to become an officer?

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    I think they did fine. They never got a good pit off the guy, but rammed him well. Guy that was on the hood looks liek he tried to get to the drivers doora dn ended up in the way of the vehicle, so shooting the driver makes sense.
    I disagree. I've seen vids of one car taking down a box van that was fleeing....funny how several cars couldn't get it done in this case...as blebs suggested....it was murder.

Banned

Oh that's funny, as I didn't hear any other shots fired before the cop on the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Comtrad View Post
    Oh that's funny, as I didn't hear any other shots fired before the cop on the hood.
    I did....after the first actual ram...which was done by the officers...johnny six gun got out and fired at the car before getting back into his and chasing him down again...I believe I saw a total of 3 officers fire at guy.

Banned
    I did....after the first actual ram...which was done by the officers...johnny six gun got out and fired at the car before getting back into his and chasing him down again...I believe I saw a total of 3 officers fire at guy.
    Oh ok, I didn't actually have sound on.

In any case, his car was not used as a weapon. He was just trying to leave, which is not a threat to the cops until they put their bodies on/in front of the car as it was already moving.

Oh ok, I didn't actually have sound on.

In any case, his car was not used as a weapon. He was just trying to leave, which is not a threat to the cops until they put their bodies on/in front of the car as it was already moving.
    When that first officer said "He tried to ram me" after 'the perp' had to stop ...then correct the direction his car was traveling so he could AVOID the cop car and take off I knew he was done for.....

wow intense video.... Alot of missing footage that from the damage the car was taking they had really rammed and pinned the car as much as possible but the guy kept trying to flee and put lives in danger..looks like good police work to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    wow intense video.... Alot of missing footage that from the damage the car was taking they had really rammed and pinned the car as much as possible but the guy kept trying to flee and put lives in danger..looks like good police work to me.
    How stupid are you guys?

Yes they were ramming the car...AND SHOOTING AT HIM! Why would he just want to sit there?

The cops are the idiots for getting in the way of a moving vehicle while he was being shot at and trying to save his life.

As mentioned before, just straight up murder.

How stupid are you guys?

Yes they were ramming the car...AND SHOOTING AT HIM! Why would he just want to sit there?

The cops are the idiots for getting in the way of a moving vehicle while he was being shot at and trying to save his life.

As mentioned before, just straight up murder.
    what??? your kidding right? I just watched it and I agree with others here that it was justified. Getting out of the way of a moving vehicle when they were clearly doing their jobs. I didn't see no average joe jumping in the way or on the hood since that isn't their jobs. The guy wouldn't have been shot had he stopped the car during the first 1 min of high speed public endangering pursuit. As for why would he just want to sit there...?? Well lets think about this.. perhaps putting hands on his head and getting out of the car and laying down to give up he would be ok and perhaps no shots fired beyond those early on when they were shooting out tires.

Also from just watching the video, I have no idea if the guy pulled a gun and was shooting back, or was a drug runner with a co-pilot shooting back. This is alot of info and missing footage that you just can't see. But judging from what was seen it was all good Cop work to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    But judging from what was seen it was all good Cop work to me.
    Of course you do.

You are correct in that we can't see everything so both sides are taking that tactic to say they were either in the right, or in the wrong.

Of course you do.

You are correct in that we can't see everything so both sides are taking that tactic to say they were either in the right, or in the wrong.
    yep you have to pass your opinion based on what was seen..and clearly it was justified based on what was being shown on video.