Thread: AS400 question

Certified SG Addict Mrs.RoundEye's Avatar

Question AS400 question

How do I change the text color on an AS400 system? I'm using Windows 2000 to log on an AS400 network. The letters on the screen are an ugly neon green color, thats got to go.
    I'm getting scared, I can hear the voices from within RoundEye's head.

what exactly are you using to connect to the AS400? (I don't know much about the AS400, but if you're using a program to telnet/ssh/terminal in somehow, that program should have settings for font and color. The windows command prompt does as well.)

Usually you can access the settings by clicking the little icon in the top left of the window (for the windows command prompt)

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Amro, thanks for the reply. I've never worked with an AS400 system before and couldn't tell her how to change the color.

From talking with her, she is using a shortcut on the desktop to connect. It opens up a Windows command type screen like this, if thatís any help.

Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

I don't know anything about an AS400 either, but looking at that screen seeing a display option makes me believe the change needs to be done from the other end.
    Unless of course that screen allows for MrsRoundEye to go up to the display option and change it.

If you CAN change it by typing in a new "code", I would save that old code in case of problems, since you don't know what each value in that code represents. Possibly one, or more, of those digits represents the color.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Depends on the Terminal Emulator client they're using...some did allow some customization...but many places tend to use less customizable ones like Reflections....since they don't want staff messing with settings.

On the shortcut...when you launch it..you'll often see a splash screen which will have the brand of the client you're using...can you see what that is? Or sometimes up above on the windows titlebar/toolbar.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Amro, thanks for the reply. I've never worked with an AS400 system before and couldn't tell her how to change the color.

From talking with her, she is using a shortcut on the desktop to connect. It opens up a Windows command type screen like this, if thatís any help.

[img]...[/img]
    Np, could you please take a screenshot of the application itself including the title bar? (print select the window, then hold alt and hit print screen on the kb, then open paint and paste it, then save the file).

It appears like she may be using iSeries... if so from the top menu choose Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Color Mappings

For the field color there are 7 default colors to choose from, but you can pick your own if you wanted to.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    Np, could you please take a screenshot of the application itself including the title bar? (print select the window, then hold alt and hit print screen on the kb, then open paint and paste it, then save the file).

Here's some screenshots she took while at work today and emailed home. Internet access is blocked where she works at. Hope this helps because I really don't know what needs to be done to change the colors.

Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Still looks pretty close to iSeries to me... I stick by my original answer... but hard to say without seeing the options in the Edit menu...

I was hoping the name of the application would be in the title bar, but apparently developers didn't do that back then :/

I had a second so I VPN/Damewared into my work computer and took a screen shot of iSeries ... looks like a match