Thread: Rosco, prepare for NHL 2K8

Thumbs up Rosco, prepare for NHL 2K8

Release Date: 9/11/2007

I was just watching trailer (available at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/n/nhl08/) and few pics, holy **** it's looking sharper and better.

I hope we will have quite a few good games again after you settle down
    I know YOU hate Iginla and Kiprusoff but bud, suck it up ...you will end up in FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES

Skill Stick moments: The Skill Stick gave you the power to deke the goalie in NHL 07, now you can own the one-on-one matchup and undress opposing defensemen with complete control of the puck. Tap the puck into space and between a defender's legs to walk around him. Once you're all alone in front, improved stick handling and shooting accuracy gives you the toolset to beat the goaltender for that decisive goal.

On the fly A.I.: Dynamic A.I. adjusts to your every move on offense and defense, challenging even the most skilled hockey players. The intelligent CPU scouts your tendencies like a coach and makes the necessary adjustments to shut down your money plays, forcing you to adjust your style of play.

Custom plays: Take any team into Practice mode and train them to run custom rush and in-zone plays in-game. Do you want your team to run cycle plays down low or feed the point for a one-timer? Record the exact movements of each player and watch as the A.I. executes them during gameplay.

All-new skating engine: New analog speed control gives you the variance needed to glide into the zone with control or get a burst of speed to step up on a defender. With new skating animations and responsiveness, you have the control to perform crossovers to maintain speed or carve tight turns for an immediate change in direction.

All-new interactive creation zone: Create lifelike, fully customizable characters, team uniforms, and authentic equipment that affect how players perform on the ice. Test out how the stick flex impacts shot speed and accuracy, or the skate rocker affects turning radius and speed.

American Hockey League: 29 AHL teams, the top developmental league for the NHL, are exclusively featured and fully playable. Develop your team's talent with their AHL affiliate until you are ready to call them up for the show. Be the GM and manage your team from the ground up while staying under the salary cap.

Goalie mode: Take on the hardest job in sports and seize control of your goaltender with a new third-person camera. Stack the pads, butterfly and make glove saves with your entire team depending on you.

Authentic presentation: From player likenesses to the signature jersey tucks and sock preferences, each athlete is rendered with a meticulous attention to detail to create a truly authentic on-ice experience.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Can't wait! Pens should have a much better rating this year after last years showing.

I hear that EA's version NHL'08 has a major facelift as well. Waiting on a review to see which one is "better" lets make sure we both get the same version so we can have online battles again! RIght now im leaning toward 2k8 just because of how good last years game was.

****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

LOL, AHL playable. SHould be fun!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    Can't wait! Pens should have a much better rating this year after last years showing.

I hear that EA's version NHL'08 has a major facelift as well. Waiting on a review to see which one is "better" lets make sure we both get the same version so we can have online battles again! RIght now im leaning toward 2k8 just because of how good last years game was.

We had so much fan J.
    My wife was like wtf is wrong with you when you scored and I started bitching
    Since Jamie got his own 360 we can start a Stanley cup, just the 3 of us ...
    Lets hope he will not pick up Detroit muhahahahhaha we will be so screwed hahahahha

Oh and you can manage your goalie way better in 2k8, ...lets see but yeah the faces are so real.

- Emiliano Zapata

Yup we had some great matchups. Will be fun to do a tourney. Cant' wait!

J B K M

Yup we had some great matchups. Will be fun to do a tourney. Cant' wait!
    It's already out.
    Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Ready for friday game 1 or 2 ? Around 10pm (eastern) your time.

- Emiliano Zapata

It will actually be a while before i can get on live. I am staying at my mother in laws house while my new house is being built. Hopefully everything will be squared away next month. Not sure when we will be able to play.

J B K M

It will actually be a while before i can get on live. I am staying at my mother in laws house while my new house is being built. Hopefully everything will be squared away next month. Not sure when we will be able to play.
    Sounds good, at least I can train

Pens will go down !!!!!

- Emiliano Zapata

Just picked up a 360 Elite and NHL 08 (and several other games) Give me a little while and I will have the hang of it enough to have a respectable game. ...then it's on

NHL 08 isn't the same game! I think riva got NHL 2k8 ,

J B K M

NHL 08 isn't the same game! I think riva got NHL 2k8 ,
    yup, it isnt the same game

- Emiliano Zapata

ON a plus note, i hear that NHL'08 is actually pretty good this year.

J B K M

so how are the controls? do you have the new stick control down yet?

J B K M

so how are the controls? do you have the new stick control down yet?
    Yup ...new controls ...pretty good
    The AI is pretty high even when you play on live against other players.
    Something like scoring from blue line doesnt exist anymore, the defence is sooo strong, you have to lure your opponent in and then use speed burst so it's you against goalie.

Its completely new game.
    You better start training o man you will so burn in flames

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by AAF Striker View Post
    Just picked up a 360 Elite and NHL 08 (and several other games) Give me a little while and I will have the hang of it enough to have a respectable game. ...then it's on
    Bring it

- Emiliano Zapata

ON a plus note, i hear that NHL'08 is actually pretty good this year.
    Ya, but not as good as 2k8

I was playing against your ****ing yeam, the guy was rated #5 ...I scored 9 times and in overtime I lost wtf I was so pissed

- Emiliano Zapata

Scored 9 Goals and still lost? Sounds like some of our old games!

SHouldn't be too much longer before i get my house squared away!

J B K M

Scored 9 Goals and still lost? Sounds like some of our old games!

SHouldn't be too much longer before i get my house squared away!
    im waitiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

- Emiliano Zapata