Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Anyone here is playing Bioshock ?

  1. #1
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,250

    Anyone here is playing Bioshock ?

    It's looking nice, but I'm having hard time finding stuffs even with map and the help features, it reminds me first HALO, IMO it's a mess.
    I dont like being lost, I just wanna go and kill/rescue ...
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  2. #2
    Elite Member Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    It's looking nice, but I'm having hard time finding stuffs even with map and the help features, it reminds me first HALO, IMO it's a mess.
    I dont like being lost, I just wanna go and kill/rescue ...
    It's far less linear than a game like Halo. It is also far less of a run & gun type game. The idea is to take your time and explore each level. Chances are, once you've explored every path available to you, you'll have already accomplished that area's objectives.

    At best, if you have a clear directive, the arrow at the top of the screen will point you where you have to go. Granted, it's not something you can always count on, but it'll make some parts of the game move quicker.

  3. #3
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    It's far less linear than a game like Halo. It is also far less of a run & gun type game. The idea is to take your time and explore each level. Chances are, once you've explored every path available to you, you'll have already accomplished that area's objectives.

    At best, if you have a clear directive, the arrow at the top of the screen will point you where you have to go. Granted, it's not something you can always count on, but it'll make some parts of the game move quicker.
    I started having fun after I harvested first kid
    No, I set her free, the next 2 were harvested
    It's good game, enjoying it, tryed also PC version ...well, video wise + controlls the console version is winning
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  4. #4
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    Just got the 360 version. Just got the telekenesis power. BAD ASS! very gravity gun ish!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  5. #5
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,250
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    Just got the 360 version. Just got the telekenesis power. BAD ASS! very gravity gun ish!
    No **** ...wait when you will get the freezing power ....awesome
    I'm using most of the time fire, freezing and bees once in awhile ...Bioshock Rocks
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  6. #6
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    Saved a few girls last night. her body guard is insane. I can't remember when ive felt so over gunned in a game.

    Think i spent more time running away from him than shooting him!

    Game keeps getting better and better!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  7. #7
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,250
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    Saved a few girls last night. her body guard is insane. I can't remember when ive felt so over gunned in a game.

    Think i spent more time running away from him than shooting him!

    Game keeps getting better and better!
    I saved only one ...harvest them ..you got only 80 points, otherwise you would get 160.

    Guards are easy, use fire or rocket launcher.

    I'm stuck 2nd day in some theatre, I cant do a ****
    Goal is in front of me but I cant open the damn doors ...I explored whole level but whatever I do I just cant open the damn doors.
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  8. #8
    Elite Member Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    I saved only one ...harvest them ..you got only 80 points, otherwise you would get 160.
    *Ahem*

    Sort of...


    As far as your next objective, make sure you check the log (I believe that's the back/select button).

  9. #9
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    *Ahem*

    Sort of...


    As far as your next objective, make sure you check the log (I believe that's the back/select button).
    I did ...nada ...explore the theatre room blabla is waiting for you ..i went incg by inch and nothing ...there is arrow ...yes but all the doors are locked
    was messing with it for 3 hours again ...argh
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  10. #10
    Elite Member Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,231
    Is that the part where you're supposed to take a picture of a certain something?

  11. #11
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Is that the part where you're supposed to take a picture of a certain something?
    No, No, after that ...let me turn on my 360 ....
    It's in Fort Frolic ...and it says ...: Go to FLEET HALL then I try hint and it says : Cohen seems to want you to enter the theatre which is next to the atrium on upper floor.Jim I'm there it's empty ...then I go downstairs and there are some stufs locked down in glass box, I explored whole freaking level killed every living being over there and nada ....
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  12. #12
    Elite Member Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,231
    Assuming you are where I think you are, look around the bar/concession area near the theater. On one side of the room (I believe the left when you enter, but I could be wrong) there should be an elevator. Did you already ride up that?

    Beyond that (so that I may have a better understanding of where you are), if you are still stuck, have you seen a man playing on a piano yet?

  13. #13
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Assuming you are where I think you are, look around the bar/concession area near the theater. On one side of the room (I believe the left when you enter, but I could be wrong) there should be an elevator. Did you already ride up that?

    Beyond that (so that I may have a better understanding of where you are), if you are still stuck, have you seen a man playing on a piano yet?
    I dont think so ..I just came back from where I started ..on right side is the water and submarine (what dissapeared right after I came in) ....looking now for the elevator.
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  14. #14
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    I am still saving the little girls. They gave me a special teddy bear with 200 adam in it. And that was only after like 3 saves. So im not loosing too much by not harvesting. Great game. Definatly will tide me over while im not on "live"....friggin move....
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  15. #15
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,250
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    I am still saving the little girls. They gave me a special teddy bear with 200 adam in it. And that was only after like 3 saves. So im not loosing too much by not harvesting. Great game. Definatly will tide me over while im not on "live"....friggin move....
    Definately better then the PC version ...have to laugh when I read about their problems ...we just put in the disc and play in HD on BIG screen


    And Jim ...I didnt play it since yesterday ...
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  16. #16
    Elite Member Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,231
    I reloaded that level. The elevator is just to the left of the security camera in the concession area. That's probably your next objective.

    There's also a staircase to the right which you can gain another ability, some random goodies, and another voice recording.

  17. #17
    HS's Proctologist triniwasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,710
    SO, it's unanimous. Can anyone compare and contrast with Gears of War? The reason I ask is I was, until I started playing GOW, through with FPS, but I really like GOW.

    Thanks.
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.

  18. #18
    Elite Member Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    13,231
    Gears is a third person "stop and pop" shooter along the lines of kill.switch. You can play online and offline co-op and online team and deathmatches.

    Bioshock is a first person shooter with RPG elements, along the lines of Deus Ex or System Shock (the spiritual predecessor to the game in question). It is a single-player game only. If you're unsure about the gameplay, you can download a demo off of XBOX Live. It's a very small sampler and doesn't give you more than a small nibble of gameplay options and story, but it's there if you really need some more convincing.

    Both use UE3. Both have guns. That's about as much as they have in common.
    Last edited by Jim; 09-03-07 at 01:04 AM.

  19. #19
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,250
    Quote Originally Posted by triniwasp View Post
    SO, it's unanimous. Can anyone compare and contrast with Gears of War? The reason I ask is I was, until I started playing GOW, through with FPS, but I really like GOW.

    Thanks.
    What Jim said ...

    Completely different games
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  20. #20
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,250
    Finished ...Thanks for the elevator Jim ..I missed it and I was walking around it all the time

    Now I'm in Hephaestus ...oh and I killed Cohen, sick guy puting tortured guys (Well I was using fire ) into frame

    Harvested quite a few kids so I have to upgrade my plasmoids ...my fire is so strong that I can kill the Guardian with 3 single fire shots
    I couldnt get COhen with Machine gun and my gun is well upgraded and hell 1 fire shot and he was gone
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

Similar Threads

  1. While playing golf
    By Starmax in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-05, 10:13 PM
  2. Who's playing BF2 tonight?
    By sito in forum Gaming
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-17-05, 05:52 PM
  3. Anybody playing DC tonight?
    By Sava700 in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-05, 10:36 PM
  4. Good day playing poker.
    By zooner in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-05, 01:41 AM
  5. who's playing DC tonight?
    By mountainman in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-19-05, 08:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •