Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Wireless router dropout HELP!

  1. #1

    Wireless router dropout HELP!

    Been using a D Link DI 524-A1 wireless router for about 3-4 years. Works fine hooked directly to my wife's computer. I am using wireless for my PC which is in another part of the house.

    When I am on-line all goes well for the most part, then for no apparent reason I get a drop of internet signal. This may last 2-3 seconds or several minutes before it comes back again. All the while my cable is showing excellent signal, and all green bars and my wife's directly conmnected PC is doing fine.

    At one time I called D Link and they walked me through what I suppose was a calibration, then all was fine for a time. Now it is doing the same thing and now they want to charge me for each minute they give me tech support by phone. There is nothing on their web site that helps.

    I listen to radio on the net through my stereo system, and it is quite annoying to say the least to have to run to the computer and reset everything every time this dropout happens.

    Can someone please advise on this? I am about to stomp on this piece of junk, but my wife won't let me becauise she has no problem with it getting the signal thru ethernet cable.

    Any and all help much appreciated.

    Steve C.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Conway View Post
    Been using a D Link DI 524-A1 wireless router for about 3-4 years. Works fine hooked directly to my wife's computer. I am using wireless for my PC which is in another part of the house.

    When I am on-line all goes well for the most part, then for no apparent reason I get a drop of internet signal. This may last 2-3 seconds or several minutes before it comes back again. All the while my cable is showing excellent signal, and all green bars and my wife's directly conmnected PC is doing fine.

    At one time I called D Link and they walked me through what I suppose was a calibration, then all was fine for a time. Now it is doing the same thing and now they want to charge me for each minute they give me tech support by phone. There is nothing on their web site that helps.

    I listen to radio on the net through my stereo system, and it is quite annoying to say the least to have to run to the computer and reset everything every time this dropout happens.

    Can someone please advise on this? I am about to stomp on this piece of junk, but my wife won't let me becauise she has no problem with it getting the signal thru ethernet cable.

    Any and all help much appreciated.

    Steve C.
    Nobody has a clue re. this problem I have here?

    Was told this was the place to ask for help.

    Thanks anyway.

    Steve C.

  3. #3
    Regular Member buckifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Conway View Post
    Nobody has a clue re. this problem I have here?

    Was told this was the place to ask for help.

    Thanks anyway.

    Steve C.
    I have a clue for you. Why not post this question in the appropriate forum?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by buckifan View Post
    I have a clue for you. Why not post this question in the appropriate forum?
    Ah! A clue. Now, (since being a newbie here), I would appreciate any help you can give along those lines.

    Which forum would be appropriate? I will be glad to move my post there.

    And thanks.

    Steve C.

  5. #5
    Advanced Member hoov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    571
    Try the wireless networking forum here. There are many knowledgable people here that will be able to help you. Good luck!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hoov View Post
    Try the wireless networking forum here. There are many knowledgable people here that will be able to help you. Good luck!
    I appreciate the help. Thanks much for taking the time to reply.

    Steve C.

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless help for Gaming
    By colyou in forum General Broadband Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-08, 07:45 PM
  2. Mixing a wireless router and an ethernet switch. How?
    By jb22 in forum Networking Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-07, 04:57 PM
  3. VPN, router, Wireless setup.
    By ckct in forum Networking Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-06, 04:07 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-13-05, 10:59 AM
  5. Connecting wireless router to existing router
    By Ecto in forum Wireless Networks & Routers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-05, 08:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •