Thread: Boy Nearly Killed Trying To Cool Xbox 360

Boy Nearly Killed Trying To Cool Xbox 360

All I can say ...******* ...

A 14 year old boy from Brevard, North Carolina was nearly killed Sunday while trying to stop his Xbox 360 from overheating.

While his mother was away the boy had taken the power supply and wrapped it in plastic and tape. In an attempt to cool it off, he submerged it into a pan of water with the cord still plugged in. The boy had regained consciousness by the time paramedics had arrived. He was taken to the Transylvania Community Hospital in Brevard where he spent the night.
    Aside from getting knocked unconscious the boy only suffered small burns to his right hand and foot.
    Full Story: http://www.funtechtalk.com/boy-nearl...cool-xbox-360/
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Damn don't they teach science by that age. I know they did with my kid. Well at least he is ok.
    Test Your Speed Here

Previously known as beaker1.

Quote Originally Posted by burple View Post
    Damn don't they teach science by that age. I know they did with my kid. Well at least he is ok.
    No kidding ...at least he could use common sence ?

- Emiliano Zapata

wow that was ex-lax smooth.

····

····

A) I haven't seen a credible link (such as a local or national news site covering it) describing these events

B) Darwin always wins. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    A) I haven't seen a credible link (such as a local or national news site covering it) describing these events

B) Darwin always wins. Always.
    A.) It's all over yahoo and google if you try search

B.) Not always

- Emiliano Zapata

Every site I've seen just mentions the story (with no additional information or sources), or links the the site above.

Even supposedly "local" news sites like the "Brevard News" (which is basically a topix.net network site) lists the story, but the post points to a link on xbox360.qj.net. 360.qj.net links to...the page at the site above.

A more legit news site like Times-News that covers Brevard (and all of Transylvania County, NC and the surrounding areas) has no mention of the story, and the only search results for "XBOX" on the site bring up articles that deal with the business end of the gaming industry. There is no mention of such an accident or story on their site.

The police and emergency blotters from the 19th up to today also makes no mention of such an accident.

In essence, as of this point in time, there is only one source for the "story" and that is in the site posted above. It's not exactly credible, even by internet journalism standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Every site I've seen just mentions the story (with no additional information or sources), or links the the site above.

Even supposedly "local" news sites like the "Brevard News" (which is basically a topix.net network site) lists the story, but the post points to a link on xbox360.qj.net. 360.qj.net links to...the page at the site above.

A more legit news site like Times-News that covers Brevard (and all of Transylvania County, NC and the surrounding areas) has no mention of the story, and the only search results for "XBOX" on the site bring up articles that deal with the business end of the gaming industry. There is no mention of such an accident or story on their site.

The police and emergency blotters from the 19th up to today also makes no mention of such an accident.

In essence, as of this point in time, there is only one source for the "story" and that is in the site posted above. It's not exactly credible, even by internet journalism standards.
    There are 10 000+ hits (links) did you check them all ?
    If so, wow Jim thats damn fast

And as a fact I dont see a point making up story like that.

- Emiliano Zapata

I'm not saying that there can be no truth to the story, but that I simply haven't seen it yet. Do you happen to have a link to a real news site that mentions the story? A YouTube video of the local newscast that this story was supposedly featured on?

As far as reasoning goes for the creation of such a story, I can only think of one off the top of my head tonight. Just by looking at the front page of the site, it's obvious that he has far more comments on that one post than any other recent one, and I do not doubt that the site's traffic shot straight up after other blogs picked it up.

It could be real. It could be fake. It could be anything in-between. Either way, the whole point of my (rambling) comments are to point out the lack of a single legitimate source to use as a reference for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    A.) It's all over yahoo and google if you try search

B.) Not always
    I think he meant cnn.com msnbc.com sites like that are credible.