Thread: 2 thumbs up.

2 thumbs up.

Vick suspension near
    However the suspension isn't enough IMO

Two NFL sources said that commissioner Roger Goodell likely will announce this week or next the suspension of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick for the 2007 season.

"That's the direction it's going and has been from the time this started," one of the sources said this week.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

This is so ****ing stupid, dogfighting has nothign to do with the NFL, so I see no reason for him to be suspended.

Its liek getting suspended from your job for something unrelated to it. ****ing PR wh0res.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    This is so ****ing stupid, dogfighting has nothign to do with the NFL, so I see no reason for him to be suspended.

Its liek getting suspended from your job for something unrelated to it. ****ing PR wh0res.
    Meh, bias aside, suspending him makes sense to me.

Well being a role model to thousands of kids.. I would say this is sending a message to them.

He is a POS and needs to be punished. Whether from pro football or in a court.
    I say right on suspend his ass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammy View Post
    Well being a role model to thousands of kids.. I would say this is sending a message to them.

He is a POS and needs to be punished. Whether from pro football or in a court.
    I say right on suspend his ass.
    ya mike tyson was a rolemodel too Everyone is a rolemodel.

court yes, fine his ass royally, but these suspensions for non sport stuff is annoying.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    ....court yes, fine his ass royally, but these suspensions for non sport stuff is annoying....
    Fines and/or suspensions are both punishments for doing something that is frowned upon. Either do nothing about it at all, or nail his balls to the wall.

You can’t have it both ways.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

ya mike tyson was a rolemodel too Everyone is a rolemodel.

court yes, fine his ass royally, but these suspensions for non sport stuff is annoying.
    Also when they sign a contract to play pro ball, part of their contract is to uphold certain duties out side of pro ball. Like no drugs, crimes. Some contracts also include such things as no extreme sports etc.

So he knew what he did was wrong, and he also knew that what he did out side of the NFL can and will affect his contract.
    SG Sh!!t List

Also when they sign a contract to play pro ball, part of their contract is to uphold certain duties out side of pro ball. Like no drugs, crimes. Some contracts also include such things as no extreme sports etc.
    Ya I know, I'd wipe my ****ing ass with a contract like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Fines and/or suspensions are both punishments for doing something that is frowned upon. Either do nothing about it at all, or nail his balls to the wall.

You canít have it both ways.
    A person losing their job/getting suspended, for something unrelated to their job is ****ed up to me.

Ya I know, I'd wipe my ****ing ass with a contract like that.
    Well he signed it my friend
    SG Sh!!t List

Well he signed it my friend
    Oh dont get me started on idiots in sports...

Oh dont get me started on idiots in sports...

Ok fair enuff
    SG Sh!!t List

A person losing their job/getting suspended, for something unrelated to their job is ****ed up to me.
    look at pac man jones he was going to go to tna but the Tennessee Titans took it to court because he not allowed to do anything that could get him hurt away from football.

also Ben Roethlisberger got fined for riding his bike with out a helmet even tho its not a state law to wear one last yr

also anything that would out the team or nfl in a neg light is grounds to be fired.

Better get used to it.

It’s no different then a man smoking a joint at his house at night and losing his job over a drug test, or somebody losing a job because they got a DWI after leaving a party.

Everything you do, 24 hours a day, reflects on what type of man you are.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Better get used to it.

Itís no different then a man smoking a joint at his house at night and losing his job over a drug test, or somebody losing a job because they got a DWI after leaving a party.

Everything you do, 24 hours a day, reflects on what type of man you are.
    Fired for a DWI?

Its a bad direction to head in. "Why were you fired from McDonalds?" "They found out I had a parking ticket"

Fired for a DWI?

Its a bad direction to head in. "Why were you fired from McDonalds?" "They found out I had a parking ticket"
    I couldn’t get security clearance at a job when I was about 28 because I had a DWI when I was around 22. As soon as the higher ups found out why I couldn’t get clearance, I was fired.

As far as McDonalds goes, they might hire somebody that has had trouble with the law, but how far up in the company do you think they will ever go?

I speak from experience. I’m having trouble finding a job right now. Nobody want’s to take a chance on me and I can’t blame them. What am I in their eyes? A liability.

A prescription drug addict who has had 18 pieces of surgical hardware put in me and ten taken out.

I lost my job at Harley Davidson because I lied about my surgeries by not telling them. I was well past my probation period when I got insurance and they found out about my medical history and fired me. I was turning out a lot of work, but not enough to cover my salary and the added cost of insuring me.

Believe me when I say, everything you do, 24 hours a day, reflects on what type of man you are.