Thread: RIAA's final tab for Capitol v. Foster: $68,685.23

RIAA's final tab for Capitol v. Foster: $68,685.23

Debbie Foster's battle with the RIAA appears to be finally over. Today, a federal judge in Oklahoma closed the book on Capitol v. Foster by awarding her $68,685.23 in attorneys' fees, a ruling first reported by Ray Beckerman's blog.
    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-68685-23.html

They will probably end up looking for a judge to reverse that 3rd party responsibility decision. Thats gonna hurt them since a majority of the people they catch seem to be the damn kids downloading stuff from their parents ISP.
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

I can't believe that any company in their right mind would allow themselves to spend more money than they can potentially recover....the costs don't warrant the suit....at least in this particular case.....they can't keep this up too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    I can't believe that any company in their right mind would allow themselves to spend more money than they can potentially recover....the costs don't warrant the suit....at least in this particular case.....they can't keep this up too long.
    Simple, they never had to pay before.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    its not about the money to them its about destroying MP3's and Digital music as we know it.... down with the RIAA!!