Thread: 23k (possibly nws and definitely not 56k friendly)

Blog Entries

23k (possibly nws and definitely not 56k friendly)

Last edited by Indy; 07-18-07 at 11:27 AM.
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    ------

Blog Entries
    ------

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Indy; 07-18-07 at 11:28 AM.
    ------

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Vargas and Hefner are the “Mc Daddy” godfathers.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Thanks Indy

Brought back memories of the days when being gay meant you were happy and sex was supposed to be dirty.

I remember seeing the 1953 Rigid girl on the wall of a garage where my father used to take his car.

blacklab

Blog Entries
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Alberto Vargas was more or less the father of the pinup girl as we know it today. His works appeared in magazines such as Esquire and Playboy, as well as imitated on countless aircraft during WWII. One of his last paintings that he did was actually an album cover for the group, The Cars. Their album, 'Candy-O,' featured a Vargas original:

Yep, and the original LP in mint shape is quite the collectable. It has been for quite sometime. Collectors buy it for the cover.

Blog Entries
    ------

Banned
    I see nipple

Guys back then were so easily entertained. LOL
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Blog Entries
    ------

Those old pinups are VERY collectable. I have an ex coworker who specialized in them for maybe 10 years. He started collecting anything he could, back in the 50's and sat on them till the early 90's.

He sells them at antique sales and ebay a few at a time. Amazing to see what kind of money he makes off of them.

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .