Thread: slow upload speed

slow upload speed

Hey Im kinda a noob to this stuff so dont flame. I have a good download speed but my upload speed starts out at 350 KB/s and after 10 seconds goes down to 45 KB/s. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why my upload speed is so slow?

Quote Originally Posted by coog3396 View Post
    Hey Im kinda a noob to this stuff so dont flame. I have a good download speed but my upload speed starts out at 350 KB/s and after 10 seconds goes down to 45 KB/s. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why my upload speed is so slow?

your speedtests show great results as in powerboost both up and down it appears.. your prob on the 8/768 package i'm guessing?

Well your upload is depending on many things mostly net traffic and the downloading source. But mostly the program its going through cause some just don't open enough ports like a FTP program will. I'd say what your seeing when you start out is that powerboost first 10seconds then it backs down to whatever its able to push out. Try different places like rapidshare or a few other places to upload a file mostly FTP and you should see differences.

But, unless you have spyware on your comp or something else going on its not you.

ya I tried rapidshare and it starts off around 300 and goes down to 45. I also tried megaupload and that started at around 90 KB/s but slowly went down to around 45. I have spywarebot and got rid of all the spyware but still no difference.

ya I tried rapidshare and it starts off around 300 and goes down to 45. I also tried megaupload and that started at around 90 KB/s but slowly went down to around 45. I have spywarebot and got rid of all the spyware but still no difference.
    I believe powerboost is providing just a burst of high speed, useful for web browsing.

For uploading large files, and for P2P, your upload speed will revert to the ISP given cap of 384 kbps. It is only when your given capped upload speed is higher than 384 kbps that you have a problem that needs resolving.

I don't see a issue.. its just the places your downloading from..not all are going to be super fast or as fast as your upload speed your paying for.

Power Boost technology is nothing new, it has many different names and faces in the industry. As it was said before, it is a burstable software compression that is not meant for ongoing downloads, you will notice this on web or secured web initiated downloads the most.

Basically, they compress the headers, and other data information and take the download across a really high speed link and download as much as they can into a medium sized RAM buffer and you see a big increase speed of download for about 5 to 60 seconds (depends on the speed of your connection), then it slowly backs down to your normal given speed.

As I have said in other posts, this speed boost is actually not really a boost but a series of packets that have the priority flag set so they get routed and sent to their destination in a hurry.

ISPs and NSPs hate people like me, telling people how to set their computers and TCP/IP up so they have all their communications constantly sending out data with the priority flag so you get performance, all the time.

It's no secret that the ISPs hate websites like this, helping people with their network connections so they get the speed and lower latency they are paying for. There is a lot more to TCP/IP that the SG TCP Optimizer doesn't touch, of course either it was a secret or an (undocumented feature) of the TCP/IP stack. Well, it is documented in the Rainbow Series Telecommunications and Data Networks books published by the U.S. National Security Agency (1985 and 1997 releases), which not long ago was reclassified. So that makes it all the more harder to get information about TCP/IP and it's real secrets, how to patch for better performance, the less the security threats.

Comcasts basic rates without power boost arent any lower than 4000kbps, so if your max speed everywhere is 45KB/sec then you do have an issue.