Thread: adsl signal loss on router

Unhappy adsl signal loss on router

Hi. If anyone can help I have a friend who has had aol bband for about 4 years and always used a bt voyager 105 usb modem. The modem has always had a flashing adsl light that only remains solid when the aol software "initiates" the modem and makes a connection. We decided to go wireless and bought a netgear wireless modem router, this struggled to find a connection but did eventually only to lose it the next day. Factory resets and another modem router have since been used to no avail. We are going directly to master socket etc. Bband still works through the usb modem but the modem routers cannot find a adsl signal (both modem-routers have been tested elsewhere) This guys next door neighbour has aol on a router with no problems. Aol tech support say there are no probs and wont get bt involved. I would be very grateful for any suggestions. The pc by-the-way is a new amd 64 3500 1Gb ram, xp home.

ADSL trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by mwatkins View Post
    Hi. If anyone can help I have a friend who has had aol bband for about 4 years and always used a bt voyager 105 usb modem. The modem has always had a flashing adsl light that only remains solid when the aol software "initiates" the modem and makes a connection. We decided to go wireless and bought a netgear wireless modem router, this struggled to find a connection but did eventually only to lose it the next day. Factory resets and another modem router have since been used to no avail. We are going directly to master socket etc. Bband still works through the usb modem but the modem routers cannot find a adsl signal (both modem-routers have been tested elsewhere) This guys next door neighbour has aol on a router with no problems. Aol tech support say there are no probs and wont get bt involved. I would be very grateful for any suggestions. The pc by-the-way is a new amd 64 3500 1Gb ram, xp home.
    Ok, many people encounter this problem, most of the time when you lose line sync that has to do with a bad phone line or having trouble with the line itself. What I would like your friend to do is use the old modem and if it connects perfectly fine and you get good results I would assume you have your new wireless ADSL router modem configured incorrectly for the line coding of the ADSL itself, this is a fairly common problem. I am seeing this more and more as time passes by.

If it doesn't fix the problem and you lose connect about the same way and time as your other modem, leave it plugged in and call the telephone repair techs to come out and check your line to fix it.

If you have no trouble with the other modem, let me know and I will help you set up your ADSL parameters so you get a solid connection with your wireless router / modem combo.

Also read my post about if you have an ADSL modem and have trouble connecting or staying connected, this is a world wide phenominom right now.