Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 360/gamestop/warranty

dont have the money

Or get the core console and then do it.

Just say you got also PS3 this console is broken and you are not satisfied with the product and you would like return.
    Just keep the HDD

You know ...what goes around comes around, MS is asking for it.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by 7thkevin View Post
    dont have the money
    Borrow it from your parents for 2 days ....

- Emiliano Zapata

Xbox 360 Core System $299.99

I remember how excited you were last year about your 360 ....and you was working hard to get it.

- Emiliano Zapata

yea if I did get the money think id get the Wii not many problems with that.. just gotta think about it

yea if I did get the money think id get the Wii not many problems with that.. just gotta think about it
    Wii sucks + you will throw money for that 360 out of window.

What you are 12 years old ?

Look at the titles what are coming out for 360 ... Overloard, Darkness, Assassins Creed, 2 Worlds, Vampire Rain ....

- Emiliano Zapata

Five things to love about the Nintendo Wii:

1. The $250 price point is reasonable
    2. The popular Wii Sports is included with the console
    3. The controller does really make for an immersing experience with many of the games
    4. The Mii character creation is a lot of fun
    5. Zelda is a launch title, and possibly the best game in the series to date

10 things to loathe about the Nintendo Wii:

1. What’s with the 480p maximum resolution? No HDTV support? And why is Wii Sports presented in a 4×3 screen format? Come on, this is almost 2007!
    2. No component video cable included so you end up with 480i resolution? Does Nintendo think is 1997?
    3. No DVD playback support – we’re hearing a new version might show up next year! That sounds about right for Nintendo.
    4. Only one controller comes standard!
    5. OK the $250 price point is reasonable, but Nintendo could have done gamers a real service with a $199 console… and still likely made money!
    6. Those four Nintendo GameCube controller ports that are tucked away on top suggest that we could see many games that use the innovative controller
    7. Oh yeah, that innovative controller is far from precise for many games, and downright annoying a lot of the time.
    8. The controller uses line of sight technology – apparently Nintendo does think this is 1997! They haven’t heard of Bluetooth?
    9. Where are the multiplayer online options exactly?
    10. Nintendo = Mario, but this year there is no Mario at launch!

- Emiliano Zapata

so? does gamestop take non working units? on there site all it says must be in working order to get full value

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    10 things to loathe about the Nintendo Wii:

1. What’s with the 480p maximum resolution? No HDTV support? And why is Wii Sports presented in a 4×3 screen format? Come on, this is almost 2007!!
    Agreed. However, some Wii games do support 480p widescreen. The Wii was never meant to display games in HD, and because of that, they can keep their costs and retail prices lower than the competition.

2. No component video cable included so you end up with 480i resolution? Does Nintendo think is 1997?
    The $600 PS3 only comes bundled with composite cables as well, and that's a machine that's designed for HD displays. The vast majority of Wii owners will never use component cables, even in 2007.

3. No DVD playback support – we’re hearing a new version might show up next year! That sounds about right for Nintendo.
    Nintendo has always been stubborn, but my money is still on a software update for this.

4. Only one controller comes standard!
    The Wii comes with one controller (with two parts). The XBOX 360 comes with one controller. The PS3 comes with one controller. So how is this unusual again?

5. OK the $250 price point is reasonable, but Nintendo could have done gamers a real service with a $199 console… and still likely made money!
    Nintendo is in business to make money, and in that respect, they're kicking the crap out of both Sony and Microsoft. The Wii is closer to the $200 price point in Japan, because the Wii Sports game isn't a pack-in. It is still one of the best-selling games for the system over there, and here in North America, it's still the best gateway game of any system since the original Game Boy had Tetris.

6. Those four Nintendo GameCube controller ports that are tucked away on top suggest that we could see many games that use the innovative controller
    The Game Cube controller ports are used for...*gasp*...Game Cube games! While most Wii titles will likely use the Wiimote & nunchuck config, Nintendo has also stated that some titles will use a more traditional control scheme. Smash Bros has already been confirmed to be compatible with the GCN controller.

7. Oh yeah, that innovative controller is far from precise for many games, and downright annoying a lot of the time.
    It depends on the game and your setup, but I agree, some games leave much to be desired when it comes to controls.

8. The controller uses line of sight technology – apparently Nintendo does think this is 1997! They haven’t heard of Bluetooth?
    The controller IS Bluetooth. The line of sight is used for titles that require you to aim a the screen, such as FPS games. It is BECAUSE of that old tech that the lightgun-esque controls work on any display device, be it an old fashioned TV, brand new HDTV, or even a projector setup.

9. Where are the multiplayer online options exactly?
    Nintendo has always been late to the game, so to speak, with online. They're starting to make progress with some of the upcoming Wii titles, but they need to drop that silly friend code setup now, or at least leave it as an option (but not the only option).

10. Nintendo = Mario, but this year there is no Mario at launch!
    There wasn't a Mario game for the GCN launch either, and look how well that turned out!

Oh, wait...

But still, there's at least one semi-real Mario title on the system already, along with some of his side quests (such as Mario Party). A "real" Mario game will be out by the end of the year.

</off topic>

According to Gamestop.com, their customer service number is 800.883.8895. Call them and explain that you purchased a warranty, and cannot find the reciept. I would assume they'd have an electronic record of it, and I also assume the kid behind the register could do the same for you if you brought it in.

As far as calling Microsoft is concerned, while they may want your proof of purchase, chances are they also have an electronic record of when it was purchased.

yea ill have to take care of this sunday. and about electronic records, i remeber when i bought it they did ask for all my info, they allways do but I wonder why they would need the serial number and not just my info

Possibly to compare records? Have your serial number when you call the toll free number, but I would guess they could look it up based on your name as well.

in the states you need a reeipt. a buddy called me 2 days ago cause of the ring, told himt ot call microsft cause i cant do anything for him. he called them and they want the recipt. no way around it.

the reason i think is cause the serial is scanned on purchase and thats when the warrenty starts, MS does not knwo how long the unit was on shelves or in shipping after they made it

At best buy it's a 2 year and if you enroll in the free price points thing it keeps track of everything, sorry i know it doesnt help ya but if you buy a new one for exchange go there

gamestop called it in, got a new one...

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    Whats happening with your 360 ?

- Emiliano Zapata

gamestop called it in, got a new one...
    FINALLY, it took some time