Thread: Need Some imformation for problem..........

Need Some imformation for problem..........

I want to configure my network this way...

network 1 has to be 10 pc without server all pc will be same workgroup with one adsl connection.Ip address will be manual there will ve no Dhcp.all pc will be win XP sp 2.

NetBEUI will be for file and Print share but TCP should not use my file or printer.

I mean I want to NetBEUI should do this for me and TCP should use only for internet.

Is it possible? if Possible please tell me I am going to right or not. If not then tell me how should I configure this. Without server and Dhcp......

My Tcp Configure will be like this way........

Host Pc..........

Ip Address - 192.168.1.10

Subnet mask- 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway - 192.168.1.5

Preferred Dns - 192.168.1.10

Client PC 1 .........

Ip Address - 192.168.1.101

Client PC 2 .........

Ip Address - 192.168.1.102

this way I will add 10 pc in a one workgroup.

So please if I do wrong or mistake then please guide me....

I don't want to TCP should not use my file and printer...

Netbeui should do this for me....

TCP should only Internet.....

I hope my Big Bro will guide me.

Take care and ba bye.............

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Is there a router?
    What operating system is the first PC, 192.168.1.10?
    Why old fashioned netbeui?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Thanks for respond sir........

No I have no router. and my all pc are win Xp. So my First pc also win Xp.

and netbeui is only for file share and my printer if I use some times on my network.I don't want TCP should use my file share and printer. If I don't do that then may be there will be little bit risk on my network. I want TCP will only work for internet. so please sir let me know after when you see my answer. take care and ba bye.............

Hi....Sir You didn't answer my question.....

Please try to help me.....I need to know about this.........so I hope some one will answer my those question......Take care and ba bye..........

So the primary PC will have 2x networks cards? First one for your DSL modem, the second one uplinking to a switch which the rest of your PCs will connect to?
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Thanks for your answre..............

No sir I don't have 2x Network cards. I have only one network card each of my computer. and My Dsl Modem will be directly connect to my switch and the rest of all pc will be connect through Switch. is it possible? if not then tell me how should i configure my network. If I want to TCP don't use my File and Printer share and I want to configure my IP manually. I don't want to use DHCP. I hope you will guide me to solve this problem sir............Take care And ba bye.............

netBEUI speed up workgroup?

Hello there

I am a service tech for a POS company

I am experiencing a slow network connection when each workstation is working from the server. There is a bit of a delay when you switch screens etc.

If I switch to netbeui or install it, will that help the speed of the network

PLEASE HELP

The network has new systems, very quick on WINXP PRO

The server has 4 GB of RAM with core 2 duo etc

It depends on the application. Years ago...I've seen NetBEUI help speed up old old old DOS based networked applications, such as ones based on Clipper for DOS. NetBEUI has little overhead.

(my first job when entering the computer field was working for a small private point of sale software company that developed a custom point of sale/back office solution for high end gift shops)

However..this was back in the Win3.x and Win9X days. Since then..with the platform moving to NT with 2K and XP....networking is really meant to be on TCP/IP. NetBEUI is OK for small workgroups, once you get to larger networks..it's inefficient with its broadcasts and method of resolution.

Enabling netbios over TCP/IP may help. How large are your networks?

What engine is your point of sale based on?
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ll_rashed_ll View Post
    No sir I don't have 2x Network cards. I have only one network card each of my computer. and My Dsl Modem will be directly connect to my switch and the rest of all pc will be connect through Switch. is it possible? if not then tell me how should i configure my network. If I want to TCP don't use my File and Printer share and I want to configure my IP manually. I don't want to use DHCP. I hope you will guide me to solve this problem sir............Take care And ba bye.............
    You need a router of some kind... Your ISP may be able to supply you with some kind of service to accomplish this but Im relatively sure it will include a router somewhere. So you might as well get your own.
    Never take any crap off an inanimate object!!

Never send email to this address: spam@euclidian.com. This is a spam trap and everyone sending any email to this address will be blacklisted.

Quote Originally Posted by ll_rashed_ll View Post
    With that setup, you would need 10x IP addresses from your ISP. Your PCs would have public IP addresses, which I highly recommend you do not do, they'll be hacked into and vulnerable to all the issues going on around the internet, worms, etc.

Better off using a router as stated above, plus with a router you only need 1x IP address from your ISP (less expensive)
    Guinness for Strength!!!