Thread: AACS Fix For Hacked HD-DVD & BLU-RAY Encryption Key Hacked Day After Release

AACS Fix For Hacked HD-DVD & BLU-RAY Encryption Key Hacked Day After Release

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-in-a-day.html

The ongoing war between content producers and hackers over the AACS copy protection used in HD DVD and Blu-ray discs produced yet another skirmish last week, and as has been the case as of late, the hackers came out on top.

The hacker "BtCB" posted the new decryption key for AACS on the Freedom to Tinker web site, just one day after the AACS Licensing Authority (AACS LA) issued the key. In true tongue-in-cheek hacker fashion, the site posted the 128-bit key as a method of decrypting a small haiku that they placed on the same page, noting that it just might accidentally (wink, wink) be the same key that will decrypt new high-definition discs as well.
    Smart and creative to boot.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

You can download BR and HD movies for quite some time.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    You can download BR and HD movies for quite some time.
    ben using my 360 to watch them, cant put files alrger than 4 gigs ont he orginal xbox hdd so i stream them thru the 360. they look amazing, geting my surround sound back this week. cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    ben using my 360 to watch them, cant put files alrger than 4 gigs ont he orginal xbox hdd so i stream them thru the 360. they look amazing, geting my surround sound back this week. cant wait
    Damn, another reason to buy an XB360! I'm waiting for the new HDMI version to come out.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

the elite is out, been out for weeks

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage...&type=category

just need to find stock. shouldnt be to hard

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    the elite is out, been out for weeks

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage...&type=category

just need to find stock. shouldnt be to hard

LOL I had no idea, thanks!!!

This is liek 6 month old news.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    This is liek 6 month old news.
    \

This happened last week. You must be talking about the first time they hacked it lol