Thread: Shot Fired at JFK Theory. Lone Gunman 'Not a Slam Dunk'

Blog Entries

Question Shot Fired at JFK Theory. Lone Gunman 'Not a Slam Dunk'

Hi to all
    It will no doubt never be proved, but one more reason to disbelieve the single shooter theory imho.
    ---

By JUAN A. LOZANO, AP
    ====

HOUSTON -- New testing on the type of ammunition used in the 1963 assassination of John F. Kennedy raises questions about whether Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, according to a study by researchers at Texas A&M University.

Researcher Cliff Spiegelman stressed, however, that the research doesn't necessarily support conspiracy theorists who doubt Oswald was the lone gunman.

"We're not saying there was a conspiracy. All we're saying is the evidence that was presented as a slam dunk for a single shooter is not a slam dunk," Spiegelman said.

The Warren Commission concluded in 1964 that Oswald fired three shots at the president's motorcade from the Texas School Book Depository in Dallas. The U.S. House Select Committee on Assassinations agreed in 1979 and found that the two bullets that hit Kennedy came from Oswald's rifle.

The committee's findings were based in part on the testimony of chemist Vincent Guinn, who said recovered fragments came from only two bullets. Guinn testified that the bullets Oswald used, Western-Winchester Cartridge Co. Mannlicher-Carcano bullets, were unique and that it would be possible to distinguish one from another even if they both came from the same box.

But Spiegelman and his research team, who tested 30 of the same type of bullets, found that fragments were not nearly so rare and that bullets within the same box could match one another. One of the test bullets also matched one or more of the assassination fragments.

"This finding means that the bullet fragments from the assassination that match could have come from three or more separate bullets," the researchers wrote.

"If the assassination fragments are derived from three or more separate bullets, then a second assassin is likely, as the additional bullet would not be attributable to the main suspect, Mr. Oswald," they wrote.

---

minir

Magic bullet theory FTW

Blog Entries
    Hi YARDofSTUF

Personally i've never doubted the second shooter theory as the shot from the depository was nigh on impossible to make using the rifle they claim did the deed.

Sad it happened, sadder still it was mishandled from the start.

---

Thanks YARDofSTUF

minir

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    Hi YARDofSTUF

Personally i've never doubted the second shooter theory as the shot from the depository was nigh on impossible to make using the rifle they claim did the deed.

Sad it happened, sadder still it was mishandled from the start.

---

Thanks YARDofSTUF

minir
    There was a tv special that showed that the magic bullet could have done it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    There was a tv special that showed that the magic bullet could have done it.
    ---

Hi YoS

Highly doubtful imho. I've seen several TV shows about it and am never comfortable with the single shooter theory.

When one sees the shots required and a bolt action rifle used, from that distance, on a moving vehicle...well you'd need to be both a great shot and very lucky.

I've shot enough to know about bolt actions (both left & right handed). To maintain your sight picture on a moving target while shuffling a bolt is extremely difficult. The time frame would make it close to impossible imho.

I'm sure we'll never know the truth, but at least this gives a little more credence to the second shooter theory imho.

Thanks YoS

minir

Certified SG Addict
    Just look up E. Howard Hunt, or go to his son's website, www.saintjohnhunt.com.

Also, the guy who took a picture of Aceveda blowing him is now a journalist? Vic will be soooo pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    ---

Hi YoS

Highly doubtful imho. I've seen several TV shows about it and am never comfortable with the single shooter theory.

When one sees the shots required and a bolt action rifle used, from that distance, on a moving vehicle...well you'd need to be both a great shot and very lucky.

I've shot enough to know about bolt actions (both left & right handed). To maintain your sight picture on a moving target while shuffling a bolt is extremely difficult. The time frame would make it close to impossible imho.

I'm sure we'll never know the truth, but at least this gives a little more credence to the second shooter theory imho.

Thanks YoS

minir
    Well setting the scene the way it was and the angles showed it to be a lot easier was thought of the people doing the setup, the show proved that it could have happened, they used the same model rifle and same ammo.

the driver.........
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

Blog Entries
    Hi Burke, YARDofSTUF & knightmare
    ---

Burke
    That to me is how i think things took place as well. A Government assasination, done by professionals who were protected at the highest levels and blamed on a dupe.
    Thanks for the link.

---

YARDofSTUF
    Though anything is possible, i simply can't buy the official verson of the events. Too iffy in all respects imho.

---
    knightmare
    I personally can't see that having happened. Too much attention their to get away with it. The fence where many claim they saw things sounds more likely to me, for many reasons. Angles. timing, escape etc.

--

I see its hit the News, will have to see what comes of it now.

Thanks everyone

minir

Lone Gunman = BS

Banned
    I agree that there was not a lone gunman, but Yard is correct about that it could have been done. I saw that special as well.

Blog Entries
    Hi Izzo & Comtrad

Izzo
    A lot of people agree.

---

Comtrad
    I too saw the program and anything is possible, though imho highly improbable.

---

Thanks Fellas

minir