Thread: Accessing different IP#'s

Accessing different IP#'s

Ok again another question cause i'm trying to figure out this server setup..

but I'm givin 8 ip#'s and what I'd like to know is how do I access the other IP#'s or as in putting one game on one and another game on a different IP# of those 8 I have?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    The server can answer to quite a few different IP addresses if you wish so.

When you right click your LAN connection...properties...then double click Internet Protocol TCP/IP to bring up your TCP properties..you'll see where you can click on "Add"...and type in additional IP addresses.

I don't believe I've actually ever used this option on a gaming server...as I've had no problem running multiple games on the same server...different games are never a problem...running several instances of the same game I've just run them on different ports. But...you can add IP addesses from your block...and run the same game multiple times...on the default port..just making sure you bind it to a different IP address. (usually done in the games server manager, or an .ini or .cfg file somewhere)
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    The server can answer to quite a few different IP addresses if you wish so.

When you right click your LAN connection...properties...then double click Internet Protocol TCP/IP to bring up your TCP properties..you'll see where you can click on "Add"...and type in additional IP addresses.

I don't believe I've actually ever used this option on a gaming server...as I've had no problem running multiple games on the same server...different games are never a problem...running several instances of the same game I've just run them on different ports. But...you can add IP addesses from your block...and run the same game multiple times...on the default port..just making sure you bind it to a different IP address. (usually done in the games server manager, or an .ini or .cfg file somewhere)

yeah what the problem is coming from is gamespy.. it requires the 29900 port and its showing up on searches as the server giving two different games lol