Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halo 3 Beta tomorrow!!!!

yea ill admit that the story line was alittle boring. here's an update on the halo 3 beta. deadline of the beta is now moved from june 3rd. to june 10 Support Message
    The initial problems encountered downloading the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta via Crackdown have been resolved. The duration of the “Halo 3” multiplayer beta has been extended from June 6 to June 10, 11:59 PM PDT.

Quote Originally Posted by gameplaya View Post
    yea ill admit that the story line was alittle boring. here's an update on the halo 3 beta. deadline of the beta is now moved from june 3rd. to june 10 Support Message
    The initial problems encountered downloading the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta via Crackdown have been resolved. The duration of the “Halo 3” multiplayer beta has been extended from June 6 to June 10, 11:59 PM PDT.
    I have the beta ...lemme ask you question ..what's new in the game ...it's same old HALO ..Yes better video new "creatures" but it's same.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    I have the beta ...lemme ask you question ..what's new in the game ...it's same old HALO ..Yes better video new "creatures" but it's same.
    your right new creatures, same halo, but, with better graphics,storyline,new maps, new weapons,upgrade weapons,new multiplayer matches, new types of skins for your personal spartan, stuff like that makes it exciting for "halo" fans i guess. not to mention its now HD. I guess some ppl enjoy it, and some d0nt. As for me... Im loving it. but GoW will alwayz be my favorite game. At times..

u played the beta Riva?

u played the beta Riva?
    yes I did, it's horrible
    it's for fans, same old same old game
    they might cancel it right a way

- Emiliano Zapata

your right new creatures, same halo, but, with better graphics,storyline,new maps, new weapons,upgrade weapons,new multiplayer matches, new types of skins for your personal spartan, stuff like that makes it exciting for "halo" fans i guess. not to mention its now HD. I guess some ppl enjoy it, and some d0nt. As for me... Im loving it. but GoW will alwayz be my favorite game. At times..
    That beta was/is HD ?
    It's looking like crap

- Emiliano Zapata

no the actual game is HD, not sure about the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    it was booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
    gotta agree here - it was like the same ol' stuff - over and over and over ....

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

well for anyone who wants to try it, dont bother, it's same HALO with some additions what was mentioned above.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_R View Post
    gotta agree here - it was like the same ol' stuff - over and over and over ....
    yeah ...

but I would say (this is beta right) it's REALLY nothing new ....seems like HALO 2a or let me fix it HALO 2HD

- Emiliano Zapata

When i get home im gonna see for myself. If its garbage ill be on Gears..

When i get home im gonna see for myself. If its garbage ill be on Gears..
    I played 10 multiplayer matches ..I'm not trying to put it down but it's really same OLD HALO.
    And video wise ? Any game on 360 owns HALO 3 beta.

- Emiliano Zapata

gotta agree ... Foamy's playing it right now, and I ain't impressed at all ...

gimme some Gears!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_R View Post
    gotta agree ... Foamy's playing it right now, and I ain't impressed at all ...

gimme some Gears!
    hehe
    you should try Tiberium Wars
    I was playing today 6 games and lost 1.I had ****** ally he got beat down 30 seconds after siege was lifted.

Last game was a blast....I hit my enemy (GDI as well) with 35 mammoth tanks, wiped him out but scrim was beating down my ally.
    Entered his base with 20 tanks and sent 20 reinforcements to help out my ally, and we won ! That motha ****a was moving to my base with mothership

It's really fun.

- Emiliano Zapata

My friends and I are casual Halo 2 players. We get together every so often and play around for a night (there are four of us total, so two teams of two). Halo 2 is pretty enjoyable, but the same maps and same weapons get old every now and then. If the only thing Halo 3 accomplishes is more maps, weapons, creatures and features, I'm willing to let sub-par graphics and boring storylines slide (I never liked single player anyways, except in the original Halo, I enjoyed that).

That said, I just got done playing the beta on a friend's 360, and the graphics do blow by 360 standards. I'm guessing the final will be better, they just cranked features down for file size. Even so though, you know how a lot of people still play CS? I mean the graphics SUCK, but it's not about that anyways, it's about enjoying the way the game plays, and the people you play it with.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz on Water | 8GB DDR2 | 2x 74GB Raptor RAID0 | 250GB Storage | P5E | 2900XT @ 850 Core | DVD-RW | 2x 24" Widescreen LCD | Saitek Eclipse | Logitech G5

There's no question that Halo 3 is going to be big. Several weeks ago, a rumor surfaced that GameStop had already collected an outlandish 4 million preorders for the game. Today, a quartet of Goldman-Sachs analysts released their own projections for the game's September 25 launch, with numbers nearly as gaudy.

While Halo 3 is releasing right at the end of Microsoft's first fiscal 2008 quarter (which runs from July through September), Goldman-Sach's industry watchers are expecting the game to contribute about $170 million in revenue for the quarter, with more than 4.2 million copies shipped into the retail channel. That's nearly one copy for every three Xbox 360s in the world, going by the analysts' projections of an installed user base of 13.2 million by September.

Perhaps more significant than the sales figures that Goldman-Sachs expects Halo 3 to put up is the analysts' expectation that by the end of its first week of release, the game will have driven Microsoft's Xbox division to its first profitable quarter ever.
    Full Story: gamespot.com

- Emiliano Zapata