Thread: Regedit

Last_Soldier

Post Regedit

Ok, Everytime i try to open regedit, it says "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator"
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

64bit

Exclamation

If your not being administored just uncheck the box in Windows Restrictions under local computer that says disable registry editing tools or sumthin like that

------------------

I only had 2 and thats the truth!!

[This message has been edited by 64bit (edited 10-10-2000).]

Last_Soldier

and how would i do that?!?! im on my own computer, not school or anythin like that. no idea what happened.

64bit

Originally posted by Last_Soldier:
    and how would i do that?!?! im on my own computer, not school or anythin like that. no idea what happened.
    go Start>Programs>Accsessories>System Tools and is System Policy Editor Installed? If it is do like I said if not post back.

TonyT

Copy the below & paste into a notepad document and save as Noedit.reg to your desktop. Now double click on reg patch to merge key into registry.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "DisableRegistryTools"=dword:00000000

Always back up your registry before ANY modifications to it.

And before you merge the above reg file, do a scan for viruses. The reg is a common target for some pesky critters so as to make it difficult to remove them.

Here is a similar patch at THIS WEBSITE

[This message has been edited by TonyT (edited 10-11-2000).]

Last_Soldier

Thank you very much everyone. I can finally go back in to my regedit. It was lonely, hehehehehe. Thanks again.