Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XP does not recognize my device

XP does not recognize my device

hello

I just got my self a brand new CyberSnipa gamepad v2.

On the homepage and the manual it says it's a plug and play device so no need for drivers.

But what happens when it does not get recognized by XP (professional), what then?

I can see the device is plugged into the USB since I see it in Device Manager, but it's unknown.

What to do??

Pease help me

SG Elite
    Did you restart?

And XP is updated?

Lame, they dont even have a driver for it. Looks weird.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    And XP is updated?

Lame, they dont even have a driver for it. Looks weird.

I haven't updated my XP professional since they released the genuine validation thingy, so can't get any new updates before I get that validated.

But Isn't there another way?

Looks to me I have to update some HID standard drivers for keyboards..

So you dont have a valid copy of XP?

Got me there but there must be something I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMan View Post
    Got me there but there must be something I can do?
    Ya but now that I know its not a legit version the reason the pad doesnt work could be from that, there are sites that have the updates to download.

SG Elite
    What, $40 for a lame gamepad, but can't eek out another $60 to get a legit version of Windows...

legit xp

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    What, $40 for a lame gamepad, but can't eek out another $60 to get a legit version of Windows...
    Give me a link where I can get a legit version for $60 cause over here it costs not less then $120.

So think before you speak and I think the gamepad is cool, so spare me the remarks.

Anybody else who have something more clever to say?

Gimme a couple of days to think of something

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    ...Anybody else who have something more clever to say?....
    Yes, you missed the key word "another".

$40 plus another $60 = $100 ballpark price for Windows.

If you wasn't such a smartass about it I would tell you to delete the unknown device in device manager. Reboot the PC, THEN plug in the game pad.

But that would be too easy wouldn't it.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

SG Elite
    Give me a link where I can get a legit version for $60 cause over here it costs not less then $120.

So think before you speak and I think the gamepad is cool, so spare me the remarks.

The two pieces of software you should never pirate is your operating system and your anti-virus. Strike one.

It's not about me being clever, it's about you making yourself look a proper ass by begging for workarounds for some p.o.s. hardware (to play games you also likely did not pay for) when you could've mowed three extra lawns and purchased a legit OEM copy of Windows.

Recap: don't be surprised new things don't work when you can't update your infection-waiting-to-happen PC and thusly are stuck asking questions on internet forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Yes, you missed the key word "another".

$40 plus another $60 = $100 ballpark price for Windows.

If you wasn't such a smartass about it I would tell you to delete the unknown device in device manager. Reboot the PC, THEN plug in the game pad.

But that would be too easy wouldn't it.

Been there, done that.

So if I missed "another", he still made a remark about something I would consider good for my game.

The two pieces of software you should never pirate is your operating system and your anti-virus. Strike one.

It's not about me being clever, it's about you making yourself look a proper ass by begging for workarounds for some p.o.s. hardware (to play games you also likely did not pay for) when you could've mowed three extra lawns and purchased a legit OEM copy of Windows.

Recap: don't be surprised new things don't work when you can't update your infection-waiting-to-happen PC and thusly are stuck asking questions on internet forums.

Ofc I should have a genuine Windows because what fool wouldn't? It would been great if it didn't cost so much!

I only wanted this device to work now, and pay another 120$ right away is a little much for the moment. So a little workaround isn't stupid is it? We're talking about a small driver issue and so far my system works perfectly with more or less errors, as in NORMAL.

Me being a guy who downloads games and stuff without paying is wrong, cause I have paid for my games and it's more likely you have downloaded stuff you haven't paid for., so welcome to the club!

Good to get that out of the way, so anybody else have any suggestions

thx in advance

It would been great if it didn't cost so much!
    Ya thats how I feel about Lexus cars, so that means if I steal one its ok right?

SG Elite
    Ofc I should have a genuine Windows because what fool wouldn't? It would been great if it didn't cost so much!

I only wanted this device to work now, and pay another 120$ right away is a little much for the moment. So a little workaround isn't stupid is it? We're talking about a small driver issue and so far my system works perfectly with more or less errors, as in NORMAL.

Me being a guy who downloads games and stuff without paying is wrong, cause I have paid for my games and it's more likely you have downloaded stuff you haven't paid for., so welcome to the club!

Good to get that out of the way, so anybody else have any suggestions

thx in advance
    Well, there's no convincing someone who wants something for free.

I hate to pop that contrived bubble you've put up around yourself, you know, the one that attempts to forge a commonality in order to justify things. "Well I bet you've used illegal software too!"

The fact remains, you're worried about support for hardware that might require those pesky updates you've decided aren't worth buying a legit version of Windows to get, so even in the face of that being a probable solution, you're still looking for a shortcut.

Since your game shelf is loaded with CDs and DVDs burned from ISOs collected from around the internet, I'm sure you've ventured to those lovely Russian "crackz" sites. With that unpatched version of Windows you have, here's hoping you don't store any sensitive personal info on your hard drive.

But hey, YOUZ CAN FRAG SO MUCH HARDZORZ with that gamepad! If you ever get it working, that is.

Ya thats how I feel about Lexus cars, so that means if I steal one its ok right?
    How can you compare a fake windows to stealing a car?

Pretty stupid comment, but hey some have to be

Obviously some people just can't behave or stay to facts, so to all you "I know it all" just answer a mans question then writing stupid comments, remarks etc.

You're probably worse then me at "stealing" things on the internett, so good luck with your lives wankers!

Well, there's no convincing someone who wants something for free.

I hate to pop that contrived bubble you've put up around yourself, you know, the one that attempts to forge a commonality in order to justify things. "Well I bet you've used illegal software too!"

The fact remains, you're worried about support for hardware that might require those pesky updates you've decided aren't worth buying a legit version of Windows to get, so even in the face of that being a probable solution, you're still looking for a shortcut.

Since your game shelf is loaded with CDs and DVDs burned from ISOs collected from around the internet, I'm sure you've ventured to those lovely Russian "crackz" sites. With that unpatched version of Windows you have, here's hoping you don't store any sensitive personal info on your hard drive.

But hey, YOUZ CAN FRAG SO MUCH HARDZORZ with that gamepad! If you ever get it working, that is.

Do I have to justify myself to you? Your the one trying to make me look like a thief and your maybe way worse

Stupid really, arguing about something both do, and how do you know about the russian "crackz" sites? Been there? Probably have, so take that lecturing elsewhere.

Then their was my gamepad, tried it in another PC and it didn't work, ergo not Windows fault. Found a site to update my XP though, LUCKY ME

thx, but no thx

Truth is NorthMan it's impossible to say for certain because of your licensing issue. You may think that's a passing judgment thing, but it's a legit comment.

Throw in the fact that it's clearly written within the board Rules about this being a no-no and it's going to be hard to get public help with this problem you are having.

You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).