Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So does anyone have the show LOST figured out?

So does anyone have the show LOST figured out?

I have a theory and after watching last nights episode, I think it's confirmed.

Please don't read this if you think this might spoil it for you.

I think that the island is the place on Earth where Jacob's ladder reaches into heaven. The ladder is mentioned in the book of Genesis which is the book of life if I'm not mistaken....and the LOST island represents a modern Garden of Eden.

I think that all of the LOST survivors are really dead....but God has given them a chance to reclaim what they have lost which they held important to them...like all things lost and revered be it a loved one, a child, their sanity, their humanity, their inner peace, their innocence. I feel that this is all about innocence lost and this is what binds all of the survivors together. They were all born good in crappy circumstances and some "lost" their way through their trials of life.

God is going to give them back their innocence. I believe the hostiles or "others" either are angels or are devils. I am not sure if they are leading the survivors to the light or are attempting to veil it.

I am finding one theme prevalent in the show and that is the ability to forgive.

At first I thought that this was more of a scientific experiment but now it totally seems spiritual to me.

Any thoughts?

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Banned
    What a stupid show.

no because im lost
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

I think it will end with them all back on the plane smoking some cronic and just having really odd visions

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Indy; 07-18-07 at 10:55 AM.
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Hopefully, the next couple of episodes will bring some answers, although I'm sure it'll bring more questions than answers...
    Too bad after the next episode the season is over...and won't start for another 2 years or something...
    "There is a big difference between breaking the law and having a law designed to break you. We will not be broken." -- Jinny Simms

"On the street everything is legal! I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in 2 eyes for an eye." -- Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by *cho* View Post
    Too bad after the next episode the season is over...and won't start for another 2 years or something...
    next season starts in Dec this year or Jan 2008

That's a pretty good breakdown UOD. The only thing I really question is if it's an afterlife thing also. Seems like they really tipped their hands two episodes ago with that if that was the route they were truly going to go, but hey who knows.

I had read someware on the lost fourms that the writers said that there is nothing supernatural about the show and that its all logical, but still

but I still think its more like purgatory

Interesting .... UOD ....
    But I dont think thats the case.
    There are so many questions to be answered ...and the hostiles ....they were on the Island before and they took one of them (BEN who betrayed the rest of "his kind").Then there is the doc/scientist, she came with submarine, also wth was doing submarine over there ?

You have valid points but like I said there are too many questions, and as far as it goes for the survivors on the plane (the women said they are all dead), it could be all cover up.

I dont know ...
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Blog Entries
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

I'm not entirely convinced yet that it's an afterlife thing...it could be, but at this point, it would almost seem to be a cop out on the part of the writers...

The question of who is Jacob is an interesting one to mull over...over on the Lost forums (4815162342.com/forums), there's some compelling screen caps that make a case for Jacob being an older Desmond. Now why an older version of Desmond would be there isn't particularly clear (maybe playing on the whole time loop thing he's got going that started earlier this season in "Flashes Before Your Eyes")...

Hopefully, the next couple of episodes will bring some answers, although I'm sure it'll bring more questions than answers...
    speaking of numbers....another Biblical reference....the number 4815162342 means exactly that....it's 4,815,162,342. There are over 6 billion people on Earth. 4,815,162,342 will be "saved" or "purged". At least in my theory, this all works out lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    Interesting .... UOD ....
    But I dont think thats the case.
    There are so many questions to be answered ...and the hostiles ....they were on the Island before and they took one of them (BEN who betrayed the rest of "his kind").Then there is the doc/scientist, she came with submarine, also wth was doing submarine over there ?

You have valid points but like I said there are too many questions, and as far as it goes for the survivors on the plane (the women said they are all dead), it could be all cover up.

I dont know ...
    Have you ever read Paradise Lost? This is it....

Quote Originally Posted by UOD View Post
    Have you ever read Paradise Lost? This is it....
    whats Paradise Lost

maybe that island has working internet...

Blog Entries
    ------

Blog Entries
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by 7thkevin View Post
    whats Paradise Lost
    An epic poem by Milton about the Fall of Man...Garden of Eden type stuff with Lucifer and Adam and Eve.

Heh, actually, that's from the Valenzetti equation...

And that would fit...Paradise Lost + the equation...Fall of Man.

Blog Entries
    ------