Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webhosting Suggestions.

Webhosting Suggestions.

Looking at gettings domain+hosting ideally through the same company. GoDaddy.com offers such a service @ 36months for 176$ on the hosting. Domain charge is competetive as well.

Anyone else know of reputable hosting/domain companies online. Prefer one with phpMyAdmin installed.

Wasnt sure where this should go so I put it in Gen-Disc.

ииии

ииии

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    I've been using dreamhost.com for years and it's been great to me so far. You might want to try that out?

If you do want to sign up for it, can I get a referral?

have you looked at Lunarpages.com? I've been using them for about a year now and I'm very pleased ... they do have php apps you can install ...

and if you use 'em can I get a referral?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

don't use Aplus.Net

www.hostpc.com

I've been using them for five years. The support is fantastic and the price is reasonable.

www.hostmysite.com

That's who I have GameGen with.

powweb < was pretty good havent used them in a few yrs

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    don't use Aplus.Net
    I actually moved from them last year based on your recommendation and further research ...

Thanks mm!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_R View Post
    I actually moved from them last year based on your recommendation and further research ...

Thanks mm!
    Anytime. I use them still since I have so many plans and domains with them. They are a huge PITA for support and with their crappy CP.

Such is life.

http://www.site5.com for the win. Note: the link is my referral link, but I'm not recommending them out of the want for a referral -- they're really the best hosting company, imho. Also, they're moving all of their servers to theplanet (actually putting in all new servers, heh) so it'll be even better soon. Great deal, right on their front page + fantastic support.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    don't use Aplus.Net
    i'll second that.

Site5 looks great. Will research a bit more and possibly go with them for a two year. I most certainly will use your referral link amro! thanks everyone!

ииии

ииии

Thanks a ton, Joe. I did a lot of research and believe me, these guys always respond within an hour, at worst, to my problems. Usually, they already know and are fixing it before I figure out there's something wrong. I host 3 websites off a single account with them and couldn't be happier -- I just paid for 2 years of webhosting through them as well b/c I know I'll never want to switch plus if I wanted to update my plan, they prorate properly. On top of that they do domain registrations as well (I put all my domains on my account w/ them just because it's easier to manage that way).

Edit: I went w/ the cheaper multisite plan -- was 150 for the 2 years and a lot less space, but I like the multisite control panel -- it's good stuff. Their shared domain-pointer packages (like the crazy one on the front page) are great too.

http://www.site5.com/multisite/comparison.php

Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    http://www.site5.com for the win. Note: the link is my referral link, but I'm not recommending them out of the want for a referral -- they're really the best hosting company, imho. Also, they're moving all of their servers to theplanet (actually putting in all new servers, heh) so it'll be even better soon. Great deal, right on their front page + fantastic support.
    been with them for a week now and had nothing but site not responding errors... their excuses are growing thin. I'll give them one more week to fix their crap or I'm gone.

I used to use shared hosting plans (Powweb, Godaddy) but I'll tell you in all honesty, and for lack of better words, they all sucked (imho). My company has a web server that we resell which flies compared to shared servers.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz on Water | 8GB DDR2 | 2x 74GB Raptor RAID0 | 250GB Storage | P5E | 2900XT @ 850 Core | DVD-RW | 2x 24" Widescreen LCD | Saitek Eclipse | Logitech G5

I looked around for 2 months before deciding. Read a lot of reviews and found out that the "biggies" are certainly not always the best. I have now been with axishost (not to be confused with axis hosting - suck) for 3 months and they are great. Nice Lady running it and live help almost always.

http://www.axishost.com/

cPanel and WHM
    Fantastico
    Multiple Backups
    Custom DNS
    Unlimited Email Accounts
    Unlimited Email Aliases
    Unlimited mySQL Databases
    Perl, PHP, SSI, Ruby on Rails
    FTP Access
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

+1 for site5.com
    -1 for dreamhost.com, control panel was inadequate, all hosters oversell, but dreamhost seemed to OVERsell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    been with them for a week now and had nothing but site not responding errors... their excuses are growing thin. I'll give them one more week to fix their crap or I'm gone.
    Sorry for hijacking your post Joe.

Sava

Did you ever get your problems worked out with site5.com?

I am thinking of changing hosts and it is a toss-up between dreamhost.com and site5.com. The best price is at site5.com, but price is not always everything.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Sorry for hijacking your post Joe.

Sava

Did you ever get your problems worked out with site5.com?

I am thinking of changing hosts and it is a toss-up between dreamhost.com and site5.com. The best price is at site5.com, but price is not always everything.
    I've not noticed much problems here lately..they blamed it on the server being over loaded or someone trying to attack it. I asked to be moved one time but they refused saying it wasn't in the contract. I have to say it is very cheap..the site stays up for the most part that I can tell but you might want to discuss issues like this with sales before diving in. I do feel they should switch you to another server if one certain one is having problems upon request at least once.

Found this list the other days and thought I would pass it on.

Hosting Sites