Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Media and its bias against Iraq war

Media and its bias against Iraq war

Look at all these official reports of what our great soldiers who are risking their lives everyday doing in Iraq just this weekend and getting these terrorists. of course if you look at mainstream liberal media you think we are doing such a horrible job

Sunday, 29 April 2007 72 SUSPECTED TERRORISTS DETAINED
    Saturday, 28 April 2007 US, Iraqi raid in Mahmudiyah nets Iranian-marked rockets, mortars
    Saturday, 28 April 2007 Marines destroy truck bomb near Karmah
    Saturday, 28 April 2007 17 SUSPECTED TERRORISTS DETAINED IN IRAQ
    Saturday, 28 April 2007 Baqubah: Local’s tips lead to success
    Saturday, 28 April 2007 Commandos, Baghdad Eagles detain suspected extremists, find caches and IEDs
    Saturday, 28 April 2007 Marne Forward Newscast – Soldiers work with Iraqi Police
    Saturday, 28 April 2007Iraqi Army-led mission nets large cache
    Saturday, 28 April 2007 Operation Chalons emphasizes U.S., ISF coordination
    Saturday, 28 April 2007 Weapons cache found
    Saturday, 28 April 2007 FOUR SUSPECTED TERRORISTS DETAINED
    Friday, 27 April 2007 Operation Commando Dive leads to detentions, cache finds
    Friday, 27 April 2007 COALITION FORCES DETAIN NINE
    Friday, 27 April 2007 FOUR SUSPECTED SECRET CELL TERRORISTS DETAINED
    Thursday, 26 April 2007 Four terrorists killed, two suspects wounded
    Thursday, 26 April 2007 TERRORISTS KILLED, VBIED NETWORK DISRUPTED
    Thursday, 26 April 2007 CCCI Convicts 41, Sentences 4 to death, 3 to life imprisonment
    Thursday, 26 April 2007 THREE TERRORISTS KILLED DURING OPERATIONS IN SADR CITY
    Wednesday, 25 April 2007 Six suspected terrorists detained
    Wednesday, 25 April 2007 Al-Qaeda in Iraq security emir killed
    Tuesday, 24 April 2007 10 SUSPECTED TERRORISTS DETAINED, CACHE FOUND
    Tuesday, 24 April 2007 VBIED detonates near Diyala’s provincial council headquarters
    Tuesday, 24 April 2007 Correction - Fardh Al-Qanoon Update Efforts Against Extremists Continue
    Tuesday, 24 April 2007 Weapons cache found inside Baghdad mosque
    Monday, 23 April 2007 19 TERRORISTS DETAINED IN COALITION RAIDS
    Monday, 23 April 2007 Troops assist neighborhood with fire damage
    Monday, 23 April 2007 Coalition Forces see progress in Diyala River Valley
    Sunday, 22 April 2007 ONE TERRORIST KILLED, 19 SUSPECTS CAPTURED, BOMB-MAKING CACHE FOUND
    Sunday, 22 April 200715 TERRORISTS KILLED, SEVEN SUSPECTED TERRORISTS DETAINED
    Sunday, 22 April 2007 Clearing operation Nets Five Weapons Caches in Baghdad’s Mansour district

http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?op...d=4&Itemid=128

Meanwhile, back in America, none of these shown up in the headlines

are you going to run for something or eventually STFU?

Despite what the news says there are a lot of thankful people. I avoid wearing my uniform in public because I get way too much attention.

Certified SG Addict
    No one disputes there is media bias.

The stories of soldiers' exploits in Iraq doesn't vacate criticism of war or those who orchestrate it.

TINFOIL

The media puts out what "it" thinks will get eyeballs/ears. For every left-winged article you can find, I bet I can find a conservative steaming pile. It's where you look and how you look. Just be glad that we as citizens can still badmouth the powers that be with little fear of retribution.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Is it your theory that there's a conspiracy in the media to report like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Noevo View Post
    are you going to run for something or eventually STFU?
    i am so tired of hearing all the anti-war leftist war critics who have nothing else better to do especailly the dem leaders in congress and hurting our sodliers by cutting back, meanwhile our soldiers in Iraq are putting their lives on the line and doing one hell of a job detaining and defeating these terrorists.

I am just proud there are soldiers who are willing to do what is right and to let them know there are still Americans who are behind them all the way. In just this past weekend look at how mcuh they have accomplished. Meanwhile you look at media and average person thinks we are losing this war

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    i am so tired of hearing all the anti-war leftist war critics who have nothing else better to do especailly the dem leaders in congress and hurting our sodliers by cutting back, meanwhile our soldiers in Iraq are putting their lives on the line and doing one hell of a job detaining and defeating these terrorists.

I am just proud there are soldiers who are willing to do what is right and to let them know there are still Americans who are behind them all the way. In just this past weekend look at how mcuh they have accomplished. Meanwhile you look at media and average person thinks we are losing this war
    Noevo's turn eh?

I don't think there's any question we could win the war if we really wanted to. I think everyone questions are actions not our ability to win or not.

the media would be ripped on just as much if it were only reporting what you are. the only good reporting would be just that. reporting. with no bias, propaganda, or agenda pushing. the media are *****s. just look at reports other than the war stuff for a second. our local station ran promos all weekend for a disturbing problem with a car that could kill you, promising to tell us which car was the killer in question...MONDAY night! now, in my mind that's irresponsible journalism. if it's worthy of such a tag than just frickin' tell me. don't wait and tease for ratings. the media in general is a ***** and sensatiaonal news sells. there's a reason the feel good stories are always left to fill the time at the end.

yes, it all has to do with how the war is reported. they'll never get it right in anyones eyes unless they just report what they see and hear. won't happen though.

I don't think there's any question we could win the war if we really wanted to. I think everyone questions are actions not our ability to win or not.

the media would be ripped on just as much if it were only reporting what you are. the only good reporting would be just that. reporting. with no bias, propaganda, or agenda pushing. the media are *****s. just look at reports other than the war stuff for a second. our local station ran promos all weekend for a disturbing problem with a car that could kill you, promising to tell us which car was the killer in question...MONDAY night! now, in my mind that's irresponsible journalism. if it's worthy of such a tag than just frickin' tell me. don't wait and tease for ratings. the media in general is a ***** and sensatiaonal news sells. there's a reason the feel good stories are always left to fill the time at the end.

yes, it all has to do with how the war is reported. they'll never get it right in anyones eyes unless they just report what they see and hear. won't happen though.
    Oh dear, my twist seems to be contagious. Sorry about that Rob. No hard feelings eh?
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

not true at all, the democrat leaders have said already we lost the war

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...AD0894DF404482

As Congressional Democrats sought to reconcile their differences and send an Iraq spending bill to the White House, Senator Harry Reid, the majority leader, said Thursday that ''this war is lost,'' a stark assessment that Republicans argued would demoralize American troops fighting in Iraq.

how about the media just stay totally out of it and dont report a thing and let our soldiers do what they need to do

not true at all, the democrat leaders have said already we lost the war
    I'm not talking about politicians. they don't believe what they say either. Of course the dems are going to say that. it advances their agenda. truth doesn't matter to them, perception does (either party)

how about the media just stay totally out of it and dont report a thing and let our soldiers do what they need to do
    I want true reporting not heads in the sand. sick of news for entertainment and a lobbying mouth piece.

the real problem is people who don't think for themselves. that and people who feel entitled. i have more, but will save it for someone else reply. maybe i'll go through things at brembo til game time.

I'm not talking about politicians. they don't believe what they say either. Of course the dems are going to say that. it advances their agenda. truth doesn't matter to them, perception does (either party)
    Agrree, problem is it is rubbing off on American people

I want true reporting not heads in the sand. sick of news for entertainment and a lobbying mouth piece.

the real problem is people who don't think for themselves. that and people who feel entitled. i have more, but will save it for someone else reply. maybe i'll go through things at brembo til game time.
    Don't disagree there as well.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Indy; 07-20-07 at 04:28 AM.

great link Indy!!!

News papers continue to lose readers.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003576374

Overall TV news has lost viewers.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/

People are slowly turning to "other" news sources and leaving the traditional left (or right) biased media behind.

Heck, even FNC has lost viewership.

Most people are seeking out news to fit there own personal biases/views these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpunge View Post
    News papers continue to lose readers.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003576374

Overall TV news has lost viewers.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/

People are slowly turning to "other" news sources and leaving the traditional left (or right) biased media behind.

Heck, even FNC has lost viewership.

Most people are seeking out news to fit there own personal biases/views these days.
    [ed macmahon] you are correct, sir[/ed macmahon]

Yes there is a bias. However it's not mainstream media. They just report the new and really, stuff about Suzi's birthday party and baked food sales, flat out doesn't sell.

When there are victories in Iraq, the papers print it. When we loose a dozen soldiers in a car bomb attack the papers report it.

The right wing site that GH gets all this stuff from? They have a bias and by that, only show the news articles that fit their point of view.

That said, I wouldn't imagine there aren't that many baked goods sales over there.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Yes there is a bias. However it's not mainstream media. They just report the new and really, stuff about Suzi's birthday party and baked food sales, flat out doesn't sell.

When there are victories in Iraq, the papers print it. When we loose a dozen soldiers in a car bomb attack the papers report it.

The right wing site that GH gets all this stuff from? They have a bias and by that, only show the news articles that fit their point of view.

That said, I wouldn't imagine there aren't that many baked goods sales over there.

what right wing site?

oh that right the american military sites are all right wing lol

mean this site?

what right wing site?

oh that right the american military sites are all right wing lol

mean this site?

No .gov?

GH, tell me, who's fault is it that it's such a mess in Iraq? The Dems who didn't vote for the war?

How about the Dems that did and changed their minds?

Because by your posts, they are the only thing in your vision of why things work or don't work.

Now lets talk about bias again.