Thread: Need help finding a man that knows how not to be found. (I'm DEAD Serious)

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana

Exclamation Need help finding a man that knows how not to be found. (I'm DEAD Serious)

I wish I had realized how much a privilege it was back in the late 80's, and much trust Freddy had in me to tell me his true identity. A lot of this has to be taken with a grain of salt, because I have no way to tell if he told me the truth or not. I will tell you this, there was marked FBI cars around every time we picked him up from the bus station, and strange cars with limo tint in front of my home while he was visiting.

As far as I know my parents met Freddy damn near straight off the boat from Russia. They nick-named him Freddy after Red Skelton's character "Freddy the Freeloader" because he had no money and barely spoke English. This was in the late 60's early 70's. After time, he went on his way. Every now and then we would get a post card from him or a phone call to pick up him at the Greyhound bus station. He was nationwide and relied on the hospitality of many people to get by. Somewhere, someone knows where this man is.

I always remembered Freddy as a kind man and somewhat of a bum, until he told me his story when I was about 20. It changed my mind about him and it was also the last I ever heard from him.

He told me that during WWII, as young child (I think about six to eight years old) solders stormed his house. They took all the older males from the house, dad, uncle, older brothers and brought them outside. Lined them up, shot them in the head and walked away leaving the bodies to rot. He witnessed the execution of his dad and dad’s brother, and his older brother or brothers. Most of his blood related family was shot and killed just a few feet from him and his mother.

Freddy tried to do the right thing and become a US citizen, but made it to the point of swearing in and walked out. He walked out because they wanted him to swear he would pick up arms to defend his new country. He told me that he was completely against any type of violence and wouldn’t pick up a weapon for any country, not even “Mother Russia”. I can’t blame him after what happened in his childhood.

This led up to his world wide fight for non violence, he used to organize peace marches. Which is why he didn’t want people to know his real name and why he traveled by Greyhound bus when ever he could. This also led to being on the FBI’s chit list.

The last I know of him he was heading down to Nicaragua to “fight” for peace with a group of Mexican students. He also told me that for a short time he was teaching Political Science at some university in Hawaii. I have post cards from Florida, California, Mexico and other places.

Somewhere, someplace, somehow, somebody has met Freddy. If y’all could help me with any clues or a way to figure out where he is, I would be forever in your debt.

I really am serious about this.

EDIT: I can't hot link the picture, please copy and paste the link into your browser.

EDIT #2 I figured it out.
    Last edited by RoundEye; 04-14-07 at 11:11 PM.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

My mistake. Picture found.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I need to ad to that he had a P.O. box/boxs in San Francisco for a long time. Somebody in that area may know him.

One more bump.

So nobody has any idea on how I can find this man?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    One more bump.

So nobody has any idea on how I can find this man?
    maybe a lexisnexis search
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

maybe send a letter to that po box? just a general letter to get a hold of you or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    maybe a lexisnexis search
    Been there, done that, nothing concrete was found.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    maybe send a letter to that po box? just a general letter to get a hold of you or something.
    I was thinking about that, I have three P.O.'s though.

As much as I hate to think it, he may be worm bait in some South American country for all I know.

I was thinking about sending a letter to his family in Russia, but I can't find anybody who can read/wright Russian. I found one lady who said she could, but when I showed her the letter, the best she could tell was it was from "Sara". Even though I posted on the net about him, I'm sure as hell not going to some government agency to try and find him.

I realize I'm pissing into the breeze here, but I'm just trying to figure out a way to find him.

I would be just guessing here....but judging by all his prior contact information...that is exactly what his wishes are...not to be found, unless he so chooses, and when. The length of time that it has been since his last contact leaves a bit to think about as well. I sincerely wish you luck in your quest.
    Mystical Folding Minx

I used to skiptrace people all over the country ....most can be found but if he's out of the country it's next to impossible for ... I just don't have the resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    I used to skiptrace people all over the country ....most can be found but if he's out of the country it's next to impossible for ... I just don't have the resources.
    Skiptracer...thats the word! *bangs head on keyboard*

I have a good friend that was a private detective for years and tracked people all over the South.

Thanks

did you try google's language tools? they have a beta version of russian, might not be the greatest, but its better than nothing and in sure the point will get across

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    did you try google's language tools? they have a beta version of russian, might not be the greatest, but its better than nothing and in sure the point will get across
    I would need a Russian keyboard too, look at the letter to the upper right of the picture, there's letters there that have no English equal. I don't have a clue what they are. The only letters that I think cross over is R equals L, TZV equals C and H equals N.

Just try playing "connect the dots" with that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    Skiptracer...thats the word! *bangs head on keyboard*

I have a good friend that was a private detective for years and tracked people all over the South.

Thanks

I used to be very active skipping people down when I collected student loans....you'd be amazed at the amount of info you can get over the phone.....it's pretty much a dead industry now because of privacy concerns....you gotta have a pretty tight network......you can definately get the P.O Box cracked ...might cost 50 bucks or so but it should give you something... best sources of info are family/neighbors.

type in english, convert to russian

Тип : на английском, перевести на русский

Blog Entries
    I missed this thread, it seems... I can somewhat read Russian. The letter in the right portion of the picture, however, is in Bulgarian. I can read/write in Bulgarian as well.

The address is in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. I'd say the names seem Bulgarian, rather than Russian as well. I can translate it for you if you want me to. We may even be able to find someone in that same city to find/talk to the people in that letter, if that would help.

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    ....The letter in the right portion of the picture, however, is in Bulgarian. I can read/write in Bulgarian as well.....
    Just a little update for the board here.

Philip really knows his stuff, and he helped me out in a big way. He translated that letter in the picture for me. Then I wrote a letter in reply, he translated my letter and mailed it out for me from Florida. It took a couple of weeks, but I got a reply by email. I wish it would have been better news but it was quite a thing for Philip to step up and help me. Y’all the words escape me to describe how grateful I am for any attempt in help to find Freddy.

Thanks again very much for your help Philip.

Here’s the email I got,

Hi Tobey,
    I am Dimitar and today I recieved your letter in my mail box.. Stefan Zhelev doesn't live anymore here in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, so I can't ask him about where Tzvetan Todorov is staying right now.I am sorry I can't give you information!
    Have a nice day!
    Dimitar

Blog Entries
    Glad to be able to help a little, although we couldn't find him.