Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: setting up server help

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit View Post
    If you're using that image that you downloaded from me, I just downloaded it from the nzb I gave you and burned to a CD and it booted fine. I've used that disk quite a few times and never had a problem. What are you using to burn the ISO with? I used nero. What is the size of the ISO? It should be 405 MB (425,078,784 bytes).
    i ran the iso and it extracted a folder with all the files.. I burned all the files and folders within that folder to adisk.

i'm about ready to give up

I no longer have the #2 and higher rar's that came with that file.. it didn't appear they were needed so I deleted them.. now when I try to extract the damn thing again it keeps popping up looking for a #2 or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Could try buring at a slower speed too.
    I'm using nero and express .. I can't use Nero Burning Rom cause the pc of crap nero software that I paid 80$+ for gives me errors so I'm surprised I even still have it on this computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I no longer have the #2 and higher rar's that came with that file.. it didn't appear they were needed so I deleted them.. now when I try to extract the damn thing again it keeps popping up looking for a #2 or whatever
    That was a split archive. Each file was only 14.6MB. When you have all the pieces and they are intact you can start extraction from any of the 24 files and you will get the whole 405MB file. I included 20% pars but you would still need 80 percent of the files. You will have to download it again.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit View Post
    That was a split archive. Each file was only 14.6MB. When you have all the pieces and they are intact you can start extraction from any of the 24 files and you will get the whole 405MB file. I included 20% pars but you would still need 80 percent of the files. You will have to download it again.
    well i'm not sure it will do any good or not.. cause here is what I did... I put the burned CD from that iso that extracted into this computer and it loaded the windows screen to browse the CD and whatever you prob know what I"m talkin about. Well if it will detect it in a regular PC I have no idea why it won't detect it in the server. A win 2000pro disk is picked up just fine and it was burned but I didn't burn it.

if I go back to that W2AFPP_EN folder where all the other folders and files are including the setup file for it and re-burn all them again to a disk am I missing something? There is no option before the burn to "make bootable" I'm assuming the folder with allt hose I'm going to burn called "bootable" will allow that but I guess not.

throw up the link again to redownload it and i'll try once more just pm me the info cause i don't think I could find it again if I tried.

i'm surprised it let me delete the other rar's cause it won't let me delete that folder with everything in it

I'm using nero and express .. I can't use Nero Burning Rom cause the pc of crap nero software that I paid 80$+ for gives me errors so I'm surprised I even still have it on this computer.
    Sounds like an issue with something on the PC, should DL the latest version and aspi file off of nero's site.

If you need another burner:

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Its a lightweight and good basic burner.

Sounds like an issue with something on the PC, should DL the latest version and aspi file off of nero's site.

If you need another burner:

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Its a lightweight and good basic burner.
    i think i'm going to give up for the day.. i'm getting frustrated.

if I go back to that W2AFPP_EN folder where all the other folders and files are including the setup file for it and re-burn all them again to a disk am I missing something? There is no option before the burn to "make bootable" I'm assuming the folder with allt hose I'm going to burn called "bootable" will allow that but I guess not.
    When you extract from the files you download from me you should only get one file: W2AFPP_EN.iso. That is the disk image. If you can't get nero to work in burning the iso use http://www.cdburnerxp.se/help/burniso. Make sure to finalize the disk.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Ok Update.. I've got the ISO to work and the OS to start loading.. but the damn thing isn't seein the HDD at all..so I call Dell they send me the SCSI and raid drivers to load but I can't hit F6 on the damn Keyboard cause its hooked up via USB and there is no PS/2 hookups to use.. I'm smashing F6 as fast as I can when starting the load but nothing.. I'm dead in the water here... they gave me USB flashing software, the drivers instructions but they all lead to hitting the damn F6 button to load the drivers either from a disk, USB or whatever... anyone have anyideas besides tossin the damn server out the window?

enable legacy usb support in the bios, if the option's there...so u can use the usb kb properly.

Well, keep us posted.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Ok Update.. I've got the ISO to work and the OS to start loading.. but the damn thing isn't seein the HDD at all..
    You still using the Dell install CD? Or trying to shove the server in by itself?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    You still using the Dell install CD? Or trying to shove the server in by itself?
    I've finally got the iso burned to a disk to boot up.. it goes into loading windows and stops with a can't find hard disk at the blue windows 2000 server install screen right after you hit enter to install windows. but let me try the bios settings again to see if I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amro View Post
    enable legacy usb support in the bios, if the option's there...so u can use the usb kb properly.
    nope nothing in there with that support..

but whats weird is F freakin 3 will work just fine along with every other damn Fkey LOL it just won't go into the installing those drivers and wn't see the drive..

F6 key worn out? Try another keyb?

could also try slipstreaming the driver into the disc with nlite, if it does server OSes.

F6 key worn out? Try another keyb?

could also try slipstreaming the driver into the disc with nlite, if it does server OSes.
    hmm key not worn out lol but if it was adding the drivers the drive would be picked up.. here is another thing I just switched the drives out and put a Sata Raptor drive in and it isn't getting picked up either.. wtf.

i'm about ready to hook up the sata drive to one of my regular computers and try to load it that way just get the OS on the damn drive then plug it in.