Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Imus has been suspended

Post Imus has been suspended

Thoughts?

After watching the news tonight, I figured it would only be a matter of time.

I didn't see any cute girls in Tennesse.

Haha!

pwned

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

lame.
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

Im awating the Toronto Raptors response. They seem in my opinon to have the biggest beef.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

He was on Sharptons show today LOL
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

I call BS.. you hear anyone call a white person a Redneck and they just laugh and go on but you say one comment towards any other person of another race and all hell breaks loose. I'm tired of reading about it.

But there's no sting in redneck. I come from a small town in Maine, and I don't give a damn if someone calls me a redneck. I'd probably just laugh at them. Somehow there just aren't any words derogatory to white people that really feel offensive. they're more funny than anything else. honky? whitey? cracker? redneck? Just not the same as the n word or any other words minorities are called. I'm not sure why, but it's true and I don't see a point in denying it.

For him to call a group of black women "nappy headed hos" is pretty bad, and I think he should be suspended for a couple months, not a couple weeks.
    There is security in fearlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I call BS.. you hear anyone call a white person a Redneck and they just laugh and go on but you say one comment towards any other person of another race and all hell breaks loose. I'm tired of reading about it.
    Except for Sharpton getting on the news, I don't think it would have gone down any different if roles were reversed for anyone.

It's not like he was propped up at a bar with a few good friends and was overheard. The way the show works is........he's talking to an potential audience of millions.

Taken into accout what he said, joke or no joke, he's toast.

Maybe poor taste, but nothing to get all pissy about.
    Main: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X, Asus Crosshair Hero VI, Nvidia 2070 Super, 16GB 3200MHz Ram, NVMe, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 PLATINUM, Lian Li PC-V2120

Macbook Pro 16", Intel i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M, 16GB Ram, 1TB NVMe

Security System "NVR": Intel i7 9700k, Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac, 16GB ram, Seasonic FOCUS+ 550 Platinum, Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX, Cryorig H7

Quote Originally Posted by vc_wannabe View Post
    Maybe poor taste, but nothing to get all pissy about.
    So if one of them was your daughter, you would't mind him calling her a w h o r e on national TV? Really?

I can't understand how Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson somehow became the spokesmen for the entire African American community of the U.S. It seems like any apologies (if any are to be made) are directed toward them first.

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Quote Originally Posted by Levity_Kitty View Post
    I can't understand how Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson somehow became the spokesmen for the entire African American community of the U.S. It seems like any apologies (if any are to be made) are directed toward them first.
    I learnt from south park that jesse jackson is the emperor of black people. Is that not true?

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    So if one of them was your daughter, you would't mind him calling her a w h o r e on national TV? Really?
    I should have written some more, I was refuring to the nappy hair comment he made rather than the other, because of what all I see on t.v. is the "racist" comment.
    Main: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X, Asus Crosshair Hero VI, Nvidia 2070 Super, 16GB 3200MHz Ram, NVMe, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 PLATINUM, Lian Li PC-V2120

Macbook Pro 16", Intel i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M, 16GB Ram, 1TB NVMe

Security System "NVR": Intel i7 9700k, Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac, 16GB ram, Seasonic FOCUS+ 550 Platinum, Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX, Cryorig H7

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    I learnt from south park that jesse jackson is the emperor of black people. Is that not true?
    I think you're thinking of Colonel Sa-....

*I apologize for the fault in the post. Those responsible have been sacked.*

thank you

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Blog Entries
    They have made careers from focusing the indigination and outrage of the African American community, occasionally in a productive manner.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    agreed ... or cracker
    a.k.a. GSXR 750