Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 280

Thread: Carter backs Pelosi's trip

  1. #181
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    Diplomacy is for cowards

    Well spoken, terrorist.

  2. #182
    SCSI Dude Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    Diplomacy is for cowards



    keep in mind that though this thread is clearly a political one, and i don't discuss politics with people too far away for me to punch......




    "diplomacy is for cowards"? screw the carter reference. its insignificant. but i cannot see that as anything but flawed philosophy. try running that social equasion through your noggin'. i just can't believe that was anything but a kneejerk reaction comment to suit your argument. honestly, bud. think about it.
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

    - Leo Szilard

  3. #183
    david,

    you really dissapoint me going to quote something from the Tanach and call it the old testament? what a shame you should know better

    this is the problem with liberal america, the more assimilate the less we are from the truth

    it also says from the Torah you cannot have peace unless other partners are willing to have peace, we tried peace about a million freaking times but these terrorists refuse to comply


    EDIT: the passage you describe is after the Moshiach comes, which he obvisouly has not come since our enemies are still here so please don't lecture me about what we should and should not do in Judaism. I do not practice reform Judaism.

    from an a true observant Jewish Rabbi:

    Agudath Israel speaks out on Iraq war

    Upon consultation with its rabbinic leadership, Agudath Israel of America issued the following statement: Since September 11, 2001, the United States has been involved in a war against forces of evil and terror. These forces pose a grave danger not only to the United States and its allies in the Western World, but also to our Jewish brethren in Israel and across the globe.America’s efforts in Iraq have been part of this larger battle. While, in retrospect, the planning and execution of some of these efforts may have been less than perfect, there have also been significant achievements. The bottom line, at this time, is that the stakes in Iraq remain high, and that there still remains much to be done.

    Agudath Israel of America believes that President Bush is entitled to great deference in his ongoing efforts to stabilize the situation in Iraq. Such deference is appropriate both because of the constitutional authority that inheres in the President’s position as Commander in Chief, and also because of the moral authority the President has consistently displayed in leading the battle against international terror.

    We feel compelled to express our views at this time because the Union for Reform Judaism, purporting to have arrived at its position through an application of “halachic norms” and “Jewish values,” has publicly proclaimed its opposition to the President’s policies in Iraq. This group is entitled to its own organizational position, but that position is neither a legitimate expression of halachic Judaism nor reflective of authentic Jewish values.

    Finally, Agudas Yisroel expresses the beliefs of Orthodox Judaism in opposition to the horrible leftist liberal principles of Reform Judaism and Conservative Judaism. Although politics is not my forte, in fact, I rarely ever write about politics, I was overjoyed by the fact that Agudas Yisroel, largely an American lobbyist organization representing Orthodox Jewry, released a statement expressing full support for our President and the American soldiers fighting evil in Iraq in the name of Orthodox Jewry. I am so sick of mainstream "Jewish media", which is so liberal and left-wing because the Reform and Conservative Jews are the majority in American Jewry, making all Jews look like crazy liberals who are trying to stop all wars, marry all gays, and kill all babies. I urge everyone to do all they can to please publicize this press release, in an attempt to show the country that not all Jews are flag-burning liberals, in fact, the devout ones are the ones more likely to support their President in his effort to make the world a safer place.
    http://rchaimqoton.blogspot.com/2007...s-pro-war.html
    Last edited by Ghosthunter; 04-06-07 at 06:04 AM.

  4. #184
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,980
    Ya you're not a reformed anything, you're an extremist like the muslim extremists.

  5. #185
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Ya you're not a reformed anything, you're an extremist like the muslim extremists.
    Gotta agree with YOS here GH. Your views of no diplomacy are as extreme a view as a terrorists minus the killing. That said action seems to be the only difference between them and you.

    The Bible speaks of loving your enemies. Does that make God and Jesus cowards for doing so?

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Gotta agree with YOS here GH. Your views of no diplomacy are as extreme a view as a terrorists minus the killing. That said action seems to be the only difference between them and you.

    The Bible speaks of loving your enemies. Does that make God and Jesus cowards for doing so?
    Jewish bible speaks nowhere of loving your enemy, is that really a christian idoelogy? i find that hard to beleive

    I not against diplomacy, but only when both sides are willing to work for peace, what is the point of diplomacy with terrorists?

  7. #187
    Mental Metal Minister Jamie_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    10,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    The Bible speaks of loving your enemies. Does that make God and Jesus cowards for doing so?
    well said Roody.

    I read somewhere an interview with a Marine just back from Iraq, and he said that Iraq is simply not ready for a democratic government - I would tend to agree.

    imho Iraq was/is nothing more than an opportunity for war profiteering for "friends" of the administration.

    wanna know how long we will be in Iraq?
    either a)Bush leaves office or b)the money runs out.

    sadly, the lives of American soldiers do not enter in to the equation as far as BushCo is concerned. They are an acceptable loss as long as the profit stays up.

    I think the U.S. will always try to influence the ME, if not outright control parts of it. It's the oil - been that way since WWI through policy whether above the table or under it.
    I think alot of these countries are starting to want to stand up for themselves, and "Big Brother" USA says that just can't happen ...
    .

    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Ya you're not a reformed anything, you're an extremist like the muslim extremists.
    so i guess all Torah observant Jews are extremists?


    see this is the problem with American Reform liberal Jewry, they give rest of us practicing observant Jews a bad name

  9. #189
    I see where this thread is heading.

  10. #190
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    so i guess all Torah observant Jews are extremists?


    see this is the problem with American Reform liberal Jewry, they give rest of us practicing observant Jews a bad name
    No you give them a bad name.

  11. #191
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I see where this thread is heading.
    Its headed where all political threads go.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    Jewish bible speaks nowhere of loving your enemy, is that really a christian idoelogy? i find that hard to beleive

    I not against diplomacy, but only when both sides are willing to work for peace, what is the point of diplomacy with terrorists?

    you finding it hard to believe doesn't surprise me

  13. #193
    Mental Metal Minister Jamie_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    10,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I see where this thread is heading.
    doesn't it usually?

    I've got $5 that says within 2 pages GH will be accusing the majority of us to be anti-semites.

    .

    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    No you give them a bad name.

    Whatever nice try you just dont like it that I stick to Torah values because I am Jewish


    No matter how much people make fun of me I am not worried or embarassed to say I am jewish and practice Torah values unlike others

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    so i guess all Torah observant Jews are extremists?


    see this is the problem with American Reform liberal Jewry, they give rest of us practicing observant Jews a bad name
    yep, you're a an extremist jewish conservative who supports terrorism....it's plain as day.


    edit> sorta like a puppet...someone is using you for their propaganda.....you have no independent thought process.....

  16. #196
    Mental Metal Minister Jamie_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    10,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    Jis that really a christian idoelogy? i find that hard to beleive
    it's only one of the lynch pins of Christianity.
    .

    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzo View Post
    yep, you're a an extremist jewish conservative who supports terrorism....it's plain as day.

    do you even know what terrorism is?

    You dont have a clue becuase you sit in your nice comfy home


    try going to Israel for a day and see a huge difference

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    do you even know what terrorism is?

    You dont have a clue becuase you sit in your nice comfy home


    try going to Israel for a day and see a huge difference

    when was the last time you were in Israel ?

  19. #199
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    Whatever nice try you just dont like it that I stick to Torah values because I am Jewish


    No matter how much people make fun of me I am not worried or embarassed to say I am jewish and practice Torah values unlike others
    Practice all you want, I have no problem with people practicing any religion. I have problems with extremists.

  20. #200
    Mental Metal Minister Jamie_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    10,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    try going to Israel for a day and see a huge difference
    have you been to Israel GH?
    .

    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Similar Threads

  1. Bushs fishing trip
    By Joe in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-05, 10:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •