Thread: PS3 folders?

PS3 folders?

So looking at the stats for folding it looks like some new members(14) might be PS3 folders, just wondering.

If so and you didnt see the folding forum its good to have you aboard!

and if anyone has a PS3 and is interested in folding heres some links for ya

http://folding.stanford.edu/

http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html

http://forum.folding-community.org/f...s3-client.html

Just remember Team 15

Ok, I'm done

Advanced Member
    my computer too slow to handle such a thing.. almost finished a WU.. my very first WU.. but then it started to hog up all my cpu.. all 664 mhz.. and considering that this is my only comp00ter aside from my brothers laptop.. I can't put up with that.. I'm always using the computer.. using different programs.. watching stuff on filecabi.net so yeah.. perhaps.. i should finish off the WU that I almost finished and just stop afterwards..

Yard, if SG is to stay anywhere near the top, we will need more PS3's in the mix until we can get cell processing on our PCs...

I wonder if Phillip has looked into possibly advertising or trying to get some Speedguide links out there to get some traffic from PS3 users to the site and get them to not only fold but do it under Team 15. Perhaps a few goodies or a new member class for PS3 folders that change their team from "0" to 15..
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!

Quote Originally Posted by FunK View Post
    Yard, if SG is to stay anywhere near the top, we will need more PS3's in the mix until we can get cell processing on our PCs...

I wonder if Phillip has looked into possibly advertising or trying to get some Speedguide links out there to get some traffic from PS3 users to the site and get them to not only fold but do it under Team 15. Perhaps a few goodies or a new member class for PS3 folders that change their team from "0" to 15..
    its not about who is close to top .....
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    its not about who is close to top .....
    Ya its more important that the work gets done than what team they do it for, but I like the friendly competition, and I like that we're on the first page of the stats with just 75 active folders, where other teams are in the 400-1200 range for active users.

Its great to have the new members

Advanced Member
    new members who have a fast enough processor to use their computer while they can still do their everyday things while folding and being able to finish a WU on time..

Quote Originally Posted by pinguinosupremo View Post
    new members who have a fast enough processor to use their computer while they can still do their everyday things while folding and being able to finish a WU on time..
    It only uses idle CPU cycles, but if you have another program that is low priority it can get bogged down a bit, your CPU is kinda slow for the modern WUs unfortunately.

But its good you tried. Maybe a penguin one will come along that will work with lower CPU cycles.

Advanced Member
    I got an AMD Athlon 3200+ Socket A.. I just need to find a Socket A mobo.. with ram in it.. at least 384 mb.. I wouldn't mind DDR but this is only SD.. so yeah.. either that or just swap mobos.. the other person would get 677 mhz intel p3 and the mobo with no ram.. I just get socket a mobo with 168 pin dimms.. with no cpu or ram.. =).. suckers are hard to come by.. rawr.. I have linux installed on this comp too..kubuntu linux.. dif partition though..
    Last edited by pinguinosupremo; 04-03-07 at 02:16 PM.

done
    got old

Sweet, thanks Think!
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!