Thread: funding more than the war outrage

funding more than the war outrage

"Nearly half of the $21 billion that House Democrats added to President Bush's request for emergency war funding would go to nonmilitary spending and to pork projects."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...0432-9527r.htm

you have got to be kidding me that they want to try this BS

Well if the stuff is so important make another bill for the nonmilitary items.

Pork bills are nothing new. The get attached to every military spending bill. Why?

Because they're easier to pass that way.

Think of it this way. Your a politican. Your up for election to a new position or re-election in a few years. You vote against the bill due to some of the pork involved. You vote against the pork because you think your doing your country a favor by trying to keep the spending down or maybe the pork involved isn't even about money but something else. So you vote your conscience.

Down the road during your election campaign, the "other side" mentions that you voted against a military spending bill are are thus.......against our military.

Does it really happen? Sure, ask John Kerry.

good analysis DH
    “"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."”

Bruce Lee

It's defininitely a been there done that scenario and I agree it's lame, but like DH said it's been going on for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    "Nearly half of the $21 billion that House Democrats added to President Bush's request for emergency war funding would go to nonmilitary spending and to pork projects."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...0432-9527r.htm

you have got to be kidding me that they want to try this BS
    this surprises you how?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_R View Post
    this surprises you how?
    pork is nothing new .....'tis another way for an administration to make their cronies rich.....

I should mention that most of what's considered "pork" in this bill by the article isn't exaclty the same by definition.

I would say helping farmers, education and so forth, isn't nearly the same as a "bridge to no where" or a new exit on a freeway in Texas that only befits a corporate donor to the RNC.

Sad that either side would screw around with this though. Both of them do it.

I also find it ironic that now that the shoe is on the other foot, they are accusing the Dems of the same thing they've done in the past and vis versa.

Last year...Repubs....."The Dems are holding up spending for soldiers in Iraq, over a bit of pork"....

This year....."How dare the Dems add this pork to spending needed by our soldiers in Iraq. It goes to show they aren't for our military."

The funny thing is, the other side of the coin can say the same thing for both situations.