Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Standing on the brink of disaster- rant

Exclamation Standing on the brink of disaster- rant

This has been brewing a while, like a bad case of diarrhea.

I'd reference the rants I've posted about this job, but there's too many. I posted cliffs at the end if anyone's interested.

I may have placed myself w/o a job and nowhere to go in a week's time. I have a week of rent paid... then I'm homeless. Don't know what I'm gonna do yet- gonna deal w/ it tomorry.

The latest drama at work had me about ready to walk off the job Friday, something I've only done once in over 20 years.

The other day I mentioned being sick. Tursday nite I only ate mashed potatoes (someone who was on messeneger w/ me then lol'd at me for eating that too )

I made some ground pork Thurs nite, but wasn't up to eating it. I'd been having stomach probs for a couple days. All I had left in the freezer was pork. Not the best to eat when having stomach problems.

Anyway, Friday at work... I was so hungry and wasn't sure if my stomach was upset simply because of lack of food- I'd been taking zantac and should've been about ready to eat again at that time.

So about 8a or so, I nuked some of my pork, and had a couple slices of cheddar cheese on top. I started at 6a.

Didn't take long for a reaction... I took more zantac right away, but that takes time to work. Since I'd just eaten... and then suddenly I'm turning down the stomach acids w/ food on the way thru the system... everything in me had to come out before I got some relief from the zantac. I needed several trips to the toilet. I was on the bowl panting and sweating- that sick. Very unpleasant to endure.

It took about 2 hours until I started to feel better.

So then it's about 10:15. I go out for some fresh air and a couple quick puffs. On my way in, here comes the plant manager...

I get jumped on for having that smoke, and I receive a final warning also...

Then I get jumped on for being in the bathroom too much.

At that point the ******** started.

I was "running to the cafeteria all morning"... wrong. I went up there once when I nuked my pork. I went up front one other time- to get my hoody because I had chills.

"...and then you keep going to the bathroom..."

WTF!

So I went back to my area... told my leadman about it... first thing he says- "that's bs, your machines are always running". As I recapped it for him, I noticed when I got to the part about running to the cafeteria all day... my voice was raising up. I was like, sorry... I'm raising my voice. I think this it, I think I'm done here. ...

After I finished up my job, I went up to the pm's office. So anyway, some of his gripes are legit. Some aren't.

He comes out w/ this stuff about I'm never at my machine... I'm like wtf... if I step away to piss my machine is running. I'm sick today, now you're talking about my performance all the time- and that's just not even close to true.

So he says my leadman said... (I gotta point out that in my prior dealings w/ the pm... he never says who told him what)

So why the sudden deviation now? Why tell me my leadman is saying bs about me? Why start mentioning names?

It's funny, a few days ago I was telling Misty.. last week my leadman told me I'm doing a good job... he said he told the pm he knows he can give me any job he has and I'll do it right... and other things that were really nice to hear.

So I'm speculating... there's no question the pm can fire me at any time for any or no reason- I'm a temp. There must be some company politics involved.

I'd say that from my experiences w/ my leadman... he's in my corner. And he is the man in the machine shop.

So I suppose the pm driving a wedge between the leadman and me would be a good start to removing his support of me. Politics.

And I told my leadman about what the pm said... that he'd said "..."

Immediately, my leadman was like.. "I swear to God I haven't said anything bad about you..." - and he reiterated some of the good things he's previously told me that he'd told the pm. He was pretty upset by that.

Then another employee walks up... and out comes a story about how this guy and another worker (who is no longer there btw!) who were close buds outside of work. I knew that guy a lil too from when I worked there before...

So anyway... suddenly this guy isn't talking to him anymore... finally it comes out... the pm told him he'd said some stuff which he says he never said... and the guy was so pissed he didn't even approach his friend to talk about it.

Wow.

And there's been a couple employees from outside my dept... who have previously told me not to trust the pm...

I've tried my best to do whatever the company wants. I do the best job I can for them. Too bad it had to come to this.

I have a right to 2 friggin breaks... jumping on me when I'm sick only pissed me off. And to hell w/ the bullcrap about the union. I'm not union, and I have zero of their benefits.

The pm said the straw that broke the camel's back was me smoking.

I told him... that's the first time I've been out before 11a since this bs came about. Except for the day last week when we had a question that couldn't answered... I couldn't continue w/ the job... since the bosses were in a meeting, I went to lunch at 10:30. But I went home and back, was not a run in and out smoke.

So he says.. if he caught me now, that means I've done it before and prolly lots of times.

That's a slap in the face, calling me a liar.

The more I think about that... he must have chit in his ears because he sure as hell didn't hear what I said.

That and running to the cafeteria and then the bathroom all day... that pisses me off because that's so retarded... or would be if that's what I'd been doing.

As to my health issues...if I had insurance, you can bet I'd have been to a dr. long ago. Still owing about $700 on the mold poisoning bills, not likely I'm going to a dr w/o insurance. I'm burnt up at all the clinics here, called around on friday...

Although sat was not mandatory... I'd said I was coming in. I did not, and I did not call. That hasn't been a problem for saturdays... since it is an optional day.

But I have a feeling when I go in tomorry I'll be sent off. Like I said, I have a week of rent paid... then I'm homeless.

I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to work the week as long as I'm there on time for 10 hours... or until he brings in a replacement. I previously told the pm during the last issue... "no matter what happens this week, I'm not going to do anything less than I would normally do."

Tomorry should be quite a day for me, lol.

Cliffs:

A week before Christmas I living in a motel and had just lost a high paying job. Got this temp job.

Potential for personal conflict high: dude I used to work w/ at this job- who'd been my bud... but who had later ripped off all my chit I'd trusted him w/ when I split for vegas- still there and looks like he wants trouble the first day I start there. Went into ignore mode on dude, diffused situation.

had health problems (of course )

Preggo unattached girl at work starts chit w/ me, and I have no interest in her whatsoever.

Had major issue w/ new rule imposed on me: no smoking except between 11 am and 1 pm- lunch time only.

There's a union, and they've given up their breaks... and made that smoking agreement. I'm not union, but after talking to my employer, and the agency- it's either comply w/ that or no job.

Got sick as hell from using nicorette gum, but still smoking in the eves and at lunch. Barfing at work... leaving early. A few weeks of that until I figured it out.

Started to bounce back from that, then got ultimatum: show up every day for mandatory OT- or lose job.

Did that. Then the past 2 weeks, took advantage of non-mandatory OT a couple days when I felt sick, only worked 8 or 9 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

I think you can't live without some kinda trouble going on.

You know smoking is trouble there, so don't. Dont leave your station except for the 2 breaks(I cant tell from your post if you took 2 or more, I'm still pissed off from reading "tomorry")

That place is all you have for now, so do well for as long as you need to get a better job or to get a perm stop to join the union.

Sorry to hear you are feeling pinched yet once again You have had an extremely tumultuous background and "chaos" is what you know how to deal with the best. What I find myself wondering is, if unintentionally, you sometimes add to those positions...ie the no phone call at least, when you knew you were not going in...even tho not mandatory, it would have been a mark in your favor...instead of maybe one going against you.

I do not say that you LIKE that...but that is more or less one of your comfort zones...because you have had to deal with it all your life...and that part you know how to deal with. Just a thought, my friend.

I would LOVE to see you take that very same energy...and put it towards good use for yourself...plans...preparations...investigations...peace instead of turmoil..a little something held back for emergencies..which will of course always happen in life..and being GOOD to yourself! There is NO place, nor ANYTHING you could not do, and or accomplish with that degree of energy placed in the right areas!

Prayers for you....get high on life....and people, places and things that will continue to spark that energy.
    Mystical Folding Minx

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    I think you can't live without some kinda trouble going on.
    It sure looks that way YoS

You know smoking is trouble there, so don't. Dont leave your station except for the 2 breaks(I cant tell from your post if you took 2 or more, I'm still pissed off from reading "tomorry")...
    That's an issue... I'm entitled to 2 breaks- by law. It's not some optional perk...

My breaks were taken away. Because the union signed theirs away at this place.

That's the issue.

What I'd done was start my lunch a lil early. I can smoke twice during a one hour period.

I did not take any breaks- lol.

lol on tomorry.

That place is all you have for now, so do well for as long as you need to get a better job or to get a perm stop to join the union.
    Yes it's all I have. If I still have the job tomorry, fine. If not... then I have some problems coming up quick. If I don't have the job... I'll file a UI claim... and prolly head into the city at the week's end, sleeping a few nights here, a few there... until I come up on a job.

As to a perm job at this place... lol, if there was a possible job offer on the table things would be very different. There isn't and there won't be.

Looks like time to make some moves...

This a major union? Or just at that place?

Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2 View Post
    Sorry to hear you are feeling pinched yet once again You have had an extremely tumultuous background and "chaos" is what you know how to deal with the best. What I find myself wondering is, if unintentionally, you sometimes add to those positions...ie the no phone call at least, when you knew you were not going in...even tho not mandatory, it would have been a mark in your favor...instead of maybe one going against you.

I do not say that you LIKE that...but that is more or less one of your comfort zones...because you have had to deal with it all your life...and that part you know how to deal with. Just a thought, my friend.

I would LOVE to see you take that very same energy...and put it towards good use for yourself...plans...preparations...investigations...peace instead of turmoil..a little something held back for emergencies..which will of course always happen in life..and being GOOD to yourself! There is NO place, nor ANYTHING you could not do, and or accomplish with that degree of energy placed in the right areas!

Prayers for you....get high on life....and people, places and things that will continue to spark that energy.
    I had a mini-snap.

lol, now it seems that I'm like the Dick Cheney of nervous breakdowns... since that lil b*tch drove me nuts last year. I'm much better now, but still...

Jumpin on my azz when I'm sick as hell, and blowing all kinds of chit out of proportion... yeah, it's chaos as usual and I'm used to it. I usually get away from that sort of chit.

So friday nite I did another thing I am good at- I got good and f*cked up.

So sat morning, I hadn't slept yet at work time, and it was a combination of I wasn't in the mood to listen to an earful of chit, and I was kinda thinking to say "I quit". So yeah I gave the pm ammunition, and I'm sure when I didn't show or call sat he got the message- his bs got results, and the ball is in his court again.

You speak of peace Misty... lol, when I'm dead- then I'll have peace.

This a major union? Or just at that place?
    just at this place

unions are nothing but a safe place for the lazy.. IMO.. so ignore them.

as for getting busted for smoking thats just a work place rule that you broke. Being a member of management for as long as I have been I can understand the need to be fair and treating everyone the same regardless of work related rules that were broken. I'm surprised they haven't fired you yet...so knowing that it didn't happen on the spot I'd be assured that your safe for now but on the wall. Only thing holding it up otherwise would be the plant manager making documentation so when you are let go they have a proof and something to stand on. I carried around a little note pad and made notes in it... I always had my ducks in a row when ready to terminate someone.

I understand your upset but rules are rules in the work place and the smoking one is something that many places take very serious as it pertains to employee health.

Stop smoking is all I can say..or find another place that allows it cause if you don't I don't see you lasting much longer where your at. I suggest also talking to someone like a friend about all this and get advice than over a internet forum as it doesn't give that "personal" view of the issue.

Bump for unions rock!

Bump for unions rock!
    really? so is that why the UAW alone has lost 70% of its members in the last 30years?

SG Elite
    I don't know man. Try not to dwell on this stuff too much. (I know easier said then done)

Like when Saturday/Sunday rolls around for me. I don't even want to know I have a job.

Same goes after I leave each day.

SG Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    I suggest also talking to someone like a friend about all this and get advice than over a internet forum as it doesn't give that "personal" view of the issue.

really? so is that why the UAW alone has lost 70% of its members in the last 30years?
    I dunno, could be because a lot of the auto industry has been closing plants cuz they havent kept up the design on their cars and lost too much money.

UAW is not the only union, Teamsters has been gaining members.

Also this thread is about ghetto's ****** luck, not unions, so start a new thread.

sava...save it. Unions helped make this country. They helped build a larger middle class. If the car companies are doing bad, it's not all the unions fault. Guess what, the next car I buy WILL NOT BE from one of the big three. Why? Because the managment is too short sided to build what Americans want! End of story.

IMHO just about half the managment at the company I work for, made the move because THEY were lazy and half of them have small man syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoside View Post
    You speak of peace Misty... lol, when I'm dead- then I'll have peace.
    I should fly out there and slap you upside your head!!

If you believe that the only time you have peace is when you are dead, then the remainder of your life will not be peaceful at all because you affirm it and believe it. You cannot blame anyone one or any outside circumstances but yourself.

You CAN have a peaceful life.

You CAN be happy.

It starts with YOU!

Make a decision.

... as for getting busted for smoking thats just a work place rule that you broke. Being a member of management for as long as I have been I can understand the need to be fair and treating everyone the same regardless of work related rules that were broken. I'm surprised they haven't fired you yet...so knowing that it didn't happen on the spot I'd be assured that your safe for now but on the wall. ...

I understand your upset but rules are rules in the work place and the smoking one is something that many places take very serious as it pertains to employee health.
    I'm working for an agency... the pm can chitcan me at any time, regardless of whether or not has a reason.

That's a growing trend in industry out here, companies are using temp agencies... if they just need to fill a hole for a while it's easier to use an agency... the agency is responsible for UI and all that chit. Same for trying out new employees... they can get rid of any "undesireables", and their basis for determining "undesirability" can be based on personal biases or whatever- they have no consequences to worry about- the agency does.

Not saying that's the case here.

In all fairness, the pm said he's given me more chances than any other temp...

That may be true. It also may be due to my leadman's support...

bottom line: I'm entitled to 2 breaks by law, and I'm being denied them. For a temp job. If there was an offer on the table it'd be different. My ********-o-meter is redlined again.

[IMG]http://www.websitesnservices.com/Photochops/********-O-Meter.jpg[/IMG]

... I suggest also talking to someone like a friend about all this and get advice than over a internet forum as it doesn't give that "personal" view of the issue.
    lol, messenger has already had quite a workout over this. It's sunday and I'm just posting it now. Talked about it friday w/ my bud too. I'm supposed to call where he works on monday.

SG is my family, lol. I always post important stuff like this (important to me -lol)

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    I don't know man. Try not to dwell on this stuff too much. (I know easier said then done)

Like when Saturday/Sunday rolls around for me. I don't even want to know I have a job.

Same goes after I leave each day.
    lol, that's where I'm at this weekend bro. I don't wanna know til tomorry.

...Also this thread is about ghetto's ****** luck, not unions, so start a new thread.
    ROTFLMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I should fly out there and slap you upside your head!!

If you believe that the only time you have peace is when you are dead, then the remainder of your life will not be peaceful at all because you affirm it and believe it. You cannot blame anyone one or any outside circumstances but yourself.

You CAN have a peaceful life.

You CAN be happy.

It starts with YOU!

Make a decision.
    I'm not blaming anybody but myself Debbie.

and I hold steadfast to what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoside View Post
    I'm not blaming anybody but myself Debbie.

and I hold steadfast to what I said.
    Just remember your comment to Misty. It indicates your belief system.