Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: yet the US is considered the bad guys

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Was he not suspicious?

j/k
    LMAO
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
    I do not quite understand your point? I never said conversion is not an option, but one thing have to understand, in order to convert one must accept all 613 commandments, and that is not easy to do. And if you are a male I would not want be circumsized at age 30 or so LOL

Besides the husband/wfe does not always want to convert. Sometimes they do, sometimes they dont.

It better to prevent then go down this road, but if one does it, then at least that is the option.
    This is by Chabad standards, though not germane for the conversation. IF a convert is accepted (like the Ruth), then the concept of bloodline and race has less meaning regarding the Jewish people. From my personal experience, we seem to be gaining as many as we lose courtesy of intermarriage.

GH, there is a situation here that seems to be poorly addressed. Why do so many SG threads regarding the Middle East decline into a melee of you defending Judaism and/or Israel against all comers? I understand that many here have their personal axes to grind, but this hits home far too often. Look for the first time the term "Jew" was used in this thread, #105, it was you. This thread had nothing to do with Israel or Judaism, why even bring it up?

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    This is by Chabad standards, though not germane for the conversation. IF a convert is accepted (like the Ruth), then the concept of bloodline and race has less meaning regarding the Jewish people. From my personal experience, we seem to be gaining as many as we lose courtesy of intermarriage.

actually this is orthodox standards not chabad and chabad is recognized as orthodox

Edit: just because we are gaining is not a good thing unless they are observing the commandments. we don't want fly by night conversions that was never what Judaism was about

edit: my other comment came out wrong and i think bottomline while conversion is an option, lets face it how many intermarried couples really go through it and practice Judaism? I am talking if you look at real numbers in US?
    Last edited by Ghosthunter; 03-22-07 at 10:53 PM.

GH, there is a situation here that seems to be poorly addressed. Why do so many SG threads regarding the Middle East decline into a melee of you defending Judaism and/or Israel against all comers? I understand that many here have their personal axes to grind, but this hits home far too often. Look for the first time the term "Jew" was used in this thread, #105, it was you. This thread had nothing to do with Israel or Judaism, why even bring it up?

actually you missed a lot of editing that DH did, and it was YoS who brought it up first, i was just responding

Blog Entries
    actually you missed a lot of editing that DH did, and it was YoS who brought it up first, i was just responding
    If so, permit me a public apology. Still, don't you think this happens far too often?

DH,

Would you care to elaborate as I blot the omelet from my face?

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

If so, permit me a public apology. Still, don't you think this happens far too often?

DH,

Yes i think it happens way too much, i even took down my avatar and signature to show that is not all I care about and that I do care about this country as well and purposely not mention it, but people here get stuck on one thing and never let it go and bring it up when trying to bait

Ya I think my original statement is gone, but I believe I was first with the "Jew bomb" I didnt mean it to take the thread like this, but with GH being the Jew attention ***** he is, it went this way fast.

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I stopped at a gas station in northen california to get some windsheild washer fluid and I asked the cashier (camel rider) for some "windsheild washer fluid" and he said "digida boogida what do you like? ". I was like wtf?" ..WINDSHEILD WASHER FLUID!.. SOAP!!". the the darky looked out the window saw my plate was from CND and noticed my windsheild was dirty.. he said " is this what you want?" holding up a gallon of washer fluid. I said "yes!" he replied 16$. I said fvck that sh+t, your trying to rape me! YOU F*CKING AMERICANS SUCK!"

True story^ yeah so i dont like americans now
    I like you

Blog Entries
    Yes i think it happens way too much, i even took down my avatar and signature to show that is not all I care about and purposely not mention it, but people here get stuck on one thing and never let it go and bring it up when trying to bait

Kudos for that, but it is a shame that you keep finding yourself getting hooked. Time for us to use our heads for something other than a hat rack and come up with a work around.

Hell_Yes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Ya I think my original statement is gone, but I believe I was first with the "Jew bomb" I didnt mean it to take the thread like this, but with GH being the Jew attention ***** he is, it went this way fast.
    Hmmm... Hand your pyro brother a pack of matches and wonder why he burned your house down.

Hell_Yes

Hmmm... Hand your pyro brother a pack of matches and wonder why he burned your house down.
    No brother, but I was almost named David.

I have an uncle named David and an Aunt named Pat that converted to Judaism

Blog Entries
    DH, YardofSTUF broke my metaphor.

Hell_Yes

DH,

david, as explained above by Yardy, that would be correct. The first mention was by Yardy in post 104.5 and properly deleted by Philip the good guy.

DH, YardofSTUF broke my metaphor.

Yes he did! Infractions on the way!!