Thread: Generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close

Generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close

Iíve just install my Windows XP (SP2). Every time I use my Windows XP this message pop up ďGeneric host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenienceď and if Iím connected to the Internet, the computer will hang if I click the Donít Send button. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Lots of information on the forums here about this, first try disabling Windows Automatic updates and see if it stops.

P.S. Welcome to the Forums.

I've tried disabling Windows Automatic updates and still the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TeresaL View Post
    Iíve just install my Windows XP (SP2). Every time I use my Windows XP this message pop up ďGeneric host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenienceď and if Iím connected to the Internet, the computer will hang if I click the Donít Send button. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
    My computer will now hang 10mins after I use my Windows XP. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Many thanks.

"10mins after I use my Windows XP"

What do u mena by that? 10 mins after XP boots up you can use it or are u talking about a program you're loading?

Did you activate windows?

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    "10mins after I use my Windows XP"

What do u mena by that? 10 mins after XP boots up you can use it or are u talking about a program you're loading?
    Sorry! What I mean is every time after I on my computer, this message will pop up ďGeneric host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenienceď. Its happen one day after I install the Windows XP (SP2). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Try these and see if they help, contributed by mnosteele52. It should not be a service pack issue, unless your machine was already loaded up with malware when you installed sp2, and his advice suggested here has had many successes.

Dr Tweak

We can eliminate the malware issue, please do the following, I have never seen this related to SP2:

Prior to doing anything XP users MUST disable System Restore!!! You can re enable it after you are clean.

Please download Ad-Aware SE 1.06 and SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.4 then set them up EXACTLY as I have written HERE. This will offer much deeper scanning than the default settings that will find more spyware/malware.

Install and run CWShredder 2.15.

Then do a FREE online virus scan from Kaspersky Webscan.

Also make sure you have ALL of the latest Windows Updates (only install SP2 for XP once you are spyware FREE).

I also HIGHLY recommend you download, update and scan with Spy Sweeper 4.0, there is a FREE 14-day trial and it is an EXCELLENT product.

It it also a good idea to run the Winsock Fix to repair your TCP/IP stack. (you will have to redo any tweaks for your connection if this is used)

If after doing ALL of the above and you are still having problems please scan with HijackThis 1.99.1 as shown HERE and post a log here in this forum for us to look at.

Once you are clean download SpywareBlaster 3.4 and set it up as shown HERE to help stay spyware free.

:2cool:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by mnosteele52 : 07-03-05 at 11:07 AM.

mnosteele52
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to mnosteele52
    Send email to mnosteele52
    Visit mnosteele52's homepage!
    Find More Posts by mnosteele52
    Add mnosteele52 to Your Buddy List
    Mystical Folding Minx

After the stuff in miss tynkers post also try installing newer drivers if you still have trouble.

Thanks MissTynker2.
    Please advise on how to set up Ad-Aware SE 1.06 & SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.4 for deeper scanning.

Hi Teresa,

After installing adaware, go to the check for updates portion, and retrieve all current updates..following that go to the start tab. In that section you can choose which type of scan you wish to run. If I am understanding you correctly, to attain a deeper scan of your system, check the full system scan in this area, and you can also check the options to look for negligible risks as well. Run the scan of your choice, hit the next option, that will list everything it has found...cookies and mru's are always safe for removal. Check everything there if you are not sure what they pertain to, and hit next again. That will put those items into a quarenteen file, which you can later either delete or restore from.

After installing spybot, check for and retrieve current updates, after you have gotten them, go to the shield icon on the left side of the program which says immunize. A screen will come up either telling you that all are protected...or that you need to immunize some. If you see the you need to immunize message...go to the top of that screen and hit the +immunize sign there. It will automatically update the latest for you. Following that, run your scan..check for problems I believe is the wording...and follow your prompts from that point...much the same as adaware.

Both programs have excellent help files as well to look up information, if you are not quite sure...or need some answers.

Hope this helps!
    Mystical Folding Minx