Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comcast users? having issues?

update again.. I'm having almost the same issue again.. its up and down on the speeds as in making surfing or anything a pain in the butt.

updating.. well its almost a month since the problem began and its still going.. 30+ CSR calls 4 techs to house and nothing fixed.. I think I might be better off going back to dialup

Same Problem

Ive been having the same problem. I used to hit peaks of 13,000 download and about 1200 upload, now i get as low as 700 download and as low as 300 upload. Upload usually stays good though. I thought it was because I had to format my comp.

solved, i hope

I reset my modem to factory config. and nothing.
    Reset everything, and nothing.
    Checked my signals and cables, nothing.
    I reinstalled internet explorer and now have 19343 download and 1783 upload on www.speakeasy.net speedtest for atlanta.

Well, I am having problems with crazy drop offs. Anyone know what to do?

I've had the same problems myself. Many calls to the CSM's and its all th same thing reset this, reset that... Then it always end up with it must be your modem. We will send out a tech in a week. The problem fixed it self, but it comes back every now and then. I don't have power boost here yet though. I hope verizon FiOs gets out here soon.

Well yet another update.. problem seems to be fixed. They don't have no idea what fixed it so the cause is still unknown. Its been since April so yall do the math on the time frame. I had to call to the top to get things moving on this so I suggest the same if after several calls to the 800's and CSR's can't do nothing, otherwise you will end up having as much trouble as I have. I have had DSL hooked up for two months now to have stable internet and it will stay hooked up for at least a month till problem is known not to return and I go back to Comcast.

I even stopped paying the bill till it was fixed and I'll expect a full refund of anything I've paid since April and perhaps a few months free.

Good luck!

ok another update.. not fixed.. after a week of working fine we are back to square 1... Comcast just isn't worth a damn!!!

Well its been a few months and now I've got the issue of the SB5120 I had isn't wanting to work with their systems as of last night..I wake up this morning and I'm "Wallgardened" therefore I can't do nothing! Yesterday all I called for was to be fixed from the 6meg package to the 8meg that I pay for like I'm supposed to be getting. They re-did my account and it screwed something up. I got a temp 5101 modem for now but the config on it isn't right but I'll sit with it till I get my replacement 5120 in from newegg and then finally get my crap straight. The only good thing at the moment is I can finally see upload powerboost but the download on this temp modem sucks major!

Sava700

I don't curse much but you should hear me when I work on a car. What your dealing with could turn a Scientologist Christian. IMO curse away. So much for rep points. They have a purpose but this thread is very informative.

Comcast is still excellent here in CT

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Comcast is still excellent here in CT
    God forbid you ever run into a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    God forbid you ever run into a problem.

If I do I just hope FIOS will be ready by then. Comcast is my only real broadband option.