Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got banned from a forum before I could even post.. LOL

I got banned from a forum before I could even post.. LOL

What a bunch of uptight mods.

I got a call from a new client today.. He was having problems with a Mac. Well, not my specialty but I figured I'd help the guy out.

The client mentioned trying to get answers from a certain other tech forum but no one could give him the clear answer he was looking for so he called my company.

After I went over to his place and solved the problem, he posted in the same thread over at this other forum and basically said "if anyone is having this same problem, contact these guys <link to our company homepage> and they'll get you squared away.. Thank you so much Matt, you were such a huge help."

Now granted many site admins don't like people advertising for others so I could see them having a minor issue about this guy posting a link to our site but what they did was ridiculous. All they would have needed to do is edit our site link out of the guy's post, problem solved.

So I register just to say "you're welcome" and to outline the solution so that other fustrated mac users would know the workaround. As I went to post, it said "forbidden words - a moderator has been contacted, blah blah blah.." I double checked my wording to make sure I didn't use any bad words or mispell anything, but there was nothing of the sort, so I carefully re-wrote my post and tried again. "forbidden words".. OK.. at this point I said the hell with it.

When I went back to view the thread I saw that they had deleted my client's post. So I just casually tried posting again just to help out the forum members and thats when I noticed my account had been banned. Banned before I could even get a post in.. LMAO!!

There are some seriously uptight mods out there folks. I don't see why they couldn't just edit my client's post and send me a PM or something.. but apparently they didn't want me hanging around helping THEIR forum members either. LOL

Oh well.. It's now more clear than ever where my knowledge and assistance is most welcome: here at SG, where I will stay. f*** ****forums.com!
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Post the url, they deserve the negative publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ i m guessing

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    nope.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Quote Originally Posted by koldchillah View Post
    nope.
    Share, because they obviously dont put their users interests first, they should want the answer posted there and just say hey! no advertising like that!

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    nah.. that's not my style. I'm not the veangeful type.. Besides, we don't need to start a forum war or any of that nonsense. I just feel bad for some of their members..

I'm just going to sit back and see how long they let that 15 page thread go on about that stupid problem that everyone can't seem to figure out.

Leave it to a PC tech to fix a Mac's problems.. lol

Were you both noobs? If you were and that happen here you'd probly get a good flamming.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Were you both noobs? If you were and that happen here you'd probly get a good flamming.
    If a noob posted a problem then said he got it fixed from somewhere I'd ask what the fix was, only would be flammed if it was the gen forum.

yeah lets join the forum i wanna light abag of poop on fire

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

I respect your decision not posting it but why did you even start this thread then ?
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Yeah. He had about 4 posts.. I had just registered to post, but was banned before I could even post, apparently for attempting to quote a post that they didn't like in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    I respect your decision not posting it but why did you even start this thread then ?
    I just thought it was funny and worth sharing because I've never really tried to help out at another tech forum and the one time that I do, I get banned before I could even post.

It just goes to show how many uptight people are out there in the intarwebs. Thats all.

I just thought it was funny and worth sharing because I've never really tried to help out at another tech forum and the one time that I do, I get banned before I could even post.

It just goes to show how many uptight people are out there in the intarwebs. Thats all.
    yah, but imo you just should post it so we can all laugh
    i'm curious by myself .....

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    yeah lets join the forum i wanna light abag of poop on fire

Maybe it's just a Mac thing like that jerk from the commericials.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivas View Post
    yah, but imo you just should post it so we can all laugh
    i'm curious by myself .....
    Why? So our big bad torch carrying mob can go stir up a bunch of crap on another forum over something so ridiculous, only for it to end up back here and give our mods a bunch of crap to deal with as well? think about it for a sec.. You think it's never happened before?

I have a feeling our mods would rather not have to deal with such a scenario, and I'd rather not be the guy that started such a thing.

I know my SG peeps got my back and all, but I'm not worried about exacting revenge.. The moral of the story is that there are a lot of horrible admins out there and that it should serve as a reminder that it doesn't take much for stupid people to start jumping to radical conclusions and that we're a lucky bunch to have such a fair & honest team of mods here at SG.
    Last edited by koldchillah; 02-27-07 at 11:38 PM. Reason: spelling

I agree with you 100% regarding our mods Kold!

Why? So our big bad torch carrying mob can go stir up a bunch of crap on another forum over something so ridiculous, only for it to end up back here and give our mods a bunch of crap to deal with as well? think about it for a sec.. You think it's never happened before?

I have a feeling our mods would rather not have to deal with such a scenario, and I'd rather not be the guy that started such a thing.

I know my SG peeps got my back and all, but I'm not worried about exacting revenge.. The moral of the story is that there are a lot of horrible admins out there and that it should serve as a reminder that it doesn't take much for stupid people to start jumping to radical conclusions and that we're a lucky bunch to have such a fair & honest team of mods here at SG.
    Can we sticky this one? Lest we all forget? Thanks for the great post! Reps on the way
    Mystical Folding Minx

Well, I wouldnt register over there for sure for something so childish, count me off

There are always gonna be good and bad people ...admins ...siteops ...presidents ...prime ministers ...guy in the bakery ...

Yah we are lucky over here

- Emiliano Zapata