Thread: Snowblowers

Snowblowers

Old John Deere crapped out(again) this year so we got tired of shuvelling and picked up an Ariens, only thing that looked well made under $1000, was under 700 after tax too.

It looks good, but I've never heard of Ariens, decent?

We got tired of the Deere stuff, we known a guy, so we can get some good deals on Deere's prices, but the qualiy seems to really be going down hill on the home grade stuff.

Its an SnowThrower, not blower you sicko.

I picked one up last year and I don't like it as much, it doesn't have one handed control to adjust the shute direction while its going. I have to stop change the direction and then put it in gear. My old one I was able to let go the auger control the move the shute and the auger and wheels kept going.

Well then tell them cuz the manual and webiste says snowblower.

chute control isnt a big problem for us, our old Deere had a handle to adjust it, but I'm tall enough to reach it with out having to go around the side, the first model of theirs that had the handle to change it on the fly, kinda, was like 300 more bucks, for jsut that, a light and 4" wider, not worth it.

Our snow blowers work great! They get dropped off everyday from the back of a pickup truck

Yos, I bought a Troybuilt last year, 8.5 HP, dual stage, electric start, 6 forward gears, 2 reverse gears, I love it...I had a Ariens and every year it was in the shop for something or other, the straw that broke the camels back, was fuel leaks, had it in twice the same year for that problem..I decided then and there to go with Troybuilt..
    When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman282 View Post
    Yos, I bought a Troybuilt last year, 8.5 HP, dual stage, electric start, 6 forward gears, 2 reverse gears, I love it...I had a Ariens and every year it was in the shop for something or other, the straw that broke the camels back, was fuel leaks, had it in twice the same year for that problem..I decided then and there to go with Troybuilt..
    Sounds like what we went through with the Deere, hopefully we'll be luckier. Its got a warranty and the place is close at least.

We were looking at troybuilts, but everyone was sold out. That sounds like a monster of a snowblower/thrower()

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    It looks good, but I've never heard of Ariens, decent?
    Yes the brand Ariens is not very well known..but they have been around for a long time..and are known for making better quality mowers..commercial grade stuff. They were early adopters of the type of riding mower where you're seated over the engine..a somewhat open front end.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!